Sorry! I went to the DARK SIDE

Black Sleeper

Established Member
I was unsure of the problem with my 2000 lightning. I was getting alot of white smoke when I went WOT, but no other time. I kept an eye on things for a while, like Oil color, checked the IC level often, and could not figure out whhat the problem was. So I started looking around for a new car or truck. i almost bought an 04 cobra but the car only had a 90 day limited warenty from BMW. The Cobra wasnt 4 me as much as I wanted IT! So I kept looking and the Chevy employe price deal just got my attention. I went to one dealer that said they had 2 08 blazer SS so I went to look. when I got thare they were already gone. But they ran the numbers on my L and offered me 6500. I said no thanks. So a week later I found the last 08 Blazer SS in my area,and went to have a look at the end of the night I bought Her. 96 miles on the clock that really nice blue metalic color and got the employe discount. I saved $6000. So I got the SS for 30000 and change! plus they gave me $8200 for the L. For $167 more a month I got my self into a brand new SS with the LS2 Corvette motor! I wanted to stay with Ford but they havent saod anything about a NEW L in the near future, so I now own my first CHEBY:rockon:! Now I will put on my Flame suit. Ford is #1 I loved my L but just couldnt afford to start doing big $$$$ repairs. Thanks SVTP for all of the help with my L! You guys R the best. I can only hope that the SS family is even half as Good as the L family. Im not leaving the SVTP fourm, I just wont feel as welcome as befor. for the record My L was much faster!! Forced induction ALL THE WAY!!
Brian
:beer: SVTP Thanks

FordFanStan

Established Member
Damn sounds like they bent you over the hood of a '37 Studebaker for the price they gave you if it still had that system in it. Sorry you moved to the other side. At least you know the L was quicker and that Fords will always be #1 :D. Good luck in your new trailsnail :D FFS

Black Sleeper

Established Member
nope I took the system out! the SS is a littel bit slower, not much but ,the bose system, Navigation, heated seats, leather all around, and a full 6 year extended warrenty make me feel better. Free rental for service and the 20in wheels, O the AWD 2. Hey its no L! I know that, But its the first new Car I haver owned! no co-siner needed.

Black Sleeper

Established Member
I know its a heavy pig but when the vett motor hits that right RPM she pulls pretty good!! the 410 gears helpo alot HA HA and my gas milage is better not much, but better. I figured out that with the L I was getting 8 MPG the SS is 11 city and 14 highway I think? Its better

Black Sleeper

Established Member
I have a set of upper and lower billet grills(Fat bar grills kinda like the Harley Grills) for the L still never installed if anybody is interisted send me a PM I also still have the Diablo hand held tuner I dont know if I should give that to the dealer or just sell it. It is still locked to my L but I think u can send it back to diablo and have it un locked? Im not sure on that part. O I also have Beltech 2in drop spindels never installed

SADF

Established Member
Dude, was your L payed off. Either way it sounds like you got jacked whether the L had problems or not. My L is payed off and I can't count how many things that have went wrong on mine, each which were when I was stock or barely modded. Both heads replaced (warranty), tranny replaced at 63,000 with a 60,000 mile warranty (ironically this one happened about 1,000 miles after my FTVB and although I know the intermediate clutch is what went bad, what caused is still really out there... even if it happened to J code early 01 L's often), valve cover gasket, power steering hose shot off (sucked), and a shit ton of other stuff. I still will never get rid of it because its paid off and I ain't paying two-four more years for something that is slower than MY truck and won't get ten percent the looks my cogged/bagged L gets. Shiat, even if people hate it, they can't help to look from the noise from the valves, bouncing, and cogged bloer sound. Its your situation and everyone is different, but I will save up for another car before I ever sale the L. Can you say Terminator.....

Black Sleeper

Established Member
yea im sure i got bent over a bit but at this point its a done deal. I only owed 1995 on the L so while I still had some money left in the value(with the possiable blown motor mod/ head gasket). The L had 74000 miles on it not heavely modified but being lowered full longtube headers and exhaust 4#lower rode like a brick with the custom paint stripes yes i could have sold it for more but i didnt wanna go through the hassel and possiable sell an L to sombody reallying looking for a good L and I sold them something that could blow up the nextime you go WOT. I will let the dealer make it a good L again . At this point I think i made out kinda good.

Black Sleeper

Established Member
i could have goten more but I didnt wanna sell a faulty truck to a good person Let the dealer deal with that they *UCK peopel every day so If U see My L on E bay just know I let u know whats up with it

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Someone will end up with that truck the way it is either way. You can bet your ass you'll drive by that lot and see it out there with 15000-19000$ on the sticker. They wont fix it, they wont rebuild it. In fact, if it rolls, they really don't give a shit. When it comes to used cars at nearly any dealership excluding the few and rare specialty shops, its all about numbers. How low can I buy it, how much can I sell it for.

You only got hosed if you think you got hosed though, don't let anyone elses opinion guilt trip you. If you're happy with the SS, thats a good thing.

Theres no way in a frozen hell though that you could have gotten me to trade my L in, yet alone for less than 15k, even with 'issues'. Id rather let it sit in the driveway til I could figure out what was wrong with it.

Oh and, there are always ways to unwind that deal. You just have to be crafty and quick. If you do, do it before the dealership minimum wage car wash kids get in your truck and take it for a 'drive'. They'll mess it up real good for you if you think you already had problems.

Black Sleeper

Established Member
thanks! I got hosed but keep telling me I got a good deal it will make me feel better! I payed 20000 4 the L in 2004 and sold it for 8200 2008 with the problems. the more I think about this the more I get upset but its a done deal. I know I got FU%KED! Just tell me I got a nice truck just for my pice of mind. please thanks

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Do the next owner a favor and get the tuner to the dealer to put with the truck - wouldn't be right to not let the next guy put it back to stock if he needs to............

Bird

txyaloo

Established Member
Do the next owner a favor and get the tuner to the dealer to put with the truck - wouldn't be right to not let the next guy put it back to stock if he needs to............

Bird

+1 - also Diablo will no longer unlock them so you won't be able to sell it.

Tim03cobra

Established Member
If you need a Diablo programmer for the TBSS I have one that is not locked. It really makes the truck throttle very responsive. It's a night and day difference in how the truck drives. I used to have a 06 TBSS 2wd. How much do you want for the grills? I've been looking for some. If your interested in a trade let me know. Thanks Tim

Jubei

Established Member
Doesnt matter who gets the truck at this point, because the vehicle is 8 years old they'll more than likely auction it off and actually make out like a bandit after bending you over. Then the buyer of your truck will more than likely be some POS dealer of a used car lot who sells trash anyway. Either way if your happy I'm happy for you, I can think of a ton more vehicles you could have traded your truck in for that would'nt have justified the trade in.

9red_lightning9

Established Member
some people would have tried to sell the truck outright and not cared about ripping someone off. Glad to see you didn't try to sell it to some sucker. Hope you enjoy the SS

BleedsFordBlue

Established Member
I drove 2 2007 TBSS when I was trying to get out of my Tundra. Both had horrible front end shimmies...one was a demo with 4,000 miles on the clock, and the other had 10 miles. It shook my confidence so much in the vehicle that I ended up keeping my Tundra, and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

That being said, sounds like you made a decent choice and hope you enjoy the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread