Soundtube deletion ?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I just think the idea behind the sound tube was retarded. I want to hear the sound of the exhaust, not the sound of the vacuum from the intake being baffled though a tube.

Doesn't bother me at all. Most of the time I don't even notice, especially in nice weather when I'm cruising with the windows down and the music up. :rockon:

ace72ace

Egi Actum
Established Member
My primary reason for yanking the tube out was to clean up that mess under my hood. Plus it's easier to check you oil, and now I had a ready made hole for my power wire to the audio amps in my trunk. Win/Win. At first I thought I would try and find my own, but after just one or 2 efforts looking for this stuff in Lowes and Home Depot while buying other stuff was enough to convince me to just buy the kit.

So I'm gonna but some misc parts kit and then go thru the hassle of trying to send the remnants? No thanks, the cost is reasonable for parts that are known to fit.

And put some hood struts on while you are at it, very good mod for any Mustang.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
No, the ford dealership sold me the car with the sound tube delete and axle back. The car came pre-certified with the 100k warranty.

To add, most techs have never heard of it. When I told the ones at my work about deleting it they were laughing at at stupid of an idea it was.

Users who are viewing this thread