Soundtube deletion ?

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I guess I'm going to have to try this out. Is there any noticeable difference?

Exhaust mods will make up for any lost cabin noise added from the tube.

I pieced together an axle breather mod but hard to turn down paying 12 bucks for this.

Last edited:

CW1343

Established Member
Exhaust mods will make up for any lost cabin noise added from the tube.

I pieced together an axle breather mod but hard to turn down paying 12 bucks for this.

I drove my buddy's car last night, and he told me he had deleted the sound tube. To my surprise it was actually louder in the cabin. I didn't get a chance to look under the hood, but could it possibly be that he didn't plug the firewall?

Heuristic

Established Member
Yeah I agree with everyone that it shouldn't cost $12, but I too said Fu*k it! I'm not going to the store! And just paid the 12 bux lol

Would cost me any money I saved in gas driving around to get all that stuff :-D

I'll probably add this mod once I get exhaust. That tube is hideous

Riptide

Established Member
How does this sound tube not allow entry of unmetered air? It looks like a big hole in tbe intake post maf with a hose stuck on it.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
How does this sound tube not allow entry of unmetered air? It looks like a big hole in tbe intake post maf with a hose stuck on it.

There are several foam inserts and a diaphragm along the tube that stop air and only allow sound. Muffled sound though.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Even more of a reason to ditch it.

There are several foam inserts and a diaphragm along the tube that stop air and only allow sound. Muffled sound though.
It's like a subwoofer.

wuuub wuuub wuuuuuuuub

m4tic

Established Member
:idea:
HatlzBU.png

Waxxon

Established Member
I'd pay $12 shipped to my door for a part that cost $1 even if it was only 3 miles away . . . first I gotta put pants on, then stop drinking my beer and then after asking 6 high school drop outs at the counter where to look for said part my buzz is gone.

Was about to head out to the autoparts store but I really can't argue with your logic. Ordered the kit :)

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
This isn't DFW5.0s Steve. You will have to explain your cathartic sense of humor here

It's pretty straight forward. Buying a kit because the car is too noisy for their sensitive ears is just funny to me. It's a hot rod for crying outloud. :lol:

I guess it's somewhat understandable though considering these 5.0's sound like boats in the water. I have yet to hear a 5.0 that has a really good exhaust note.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
It's pretty straight forward. Buying a kit because the car is too noisy for their sensitive ears is just funny to me. It's a hot rod for crying outloud. :lol:

I guess it's somewhat understandable though considering these 5.0's sound like boats in the water. I have yet to hear a 5.0 that has a really good exhaust note.

I just think the idea behind the sound tube was retarded. I want to hear the sound of the exhaust, not the sound of the vacuum from the intake being baffled though a tube.

Users who are viewing this thread