South Floridians Come in

NXSVTCOBRA

GM187 said:
sprayedpony: i guess i should reiterate, i dont have my car tuned, i do however have my plugs gapped and timing adjusted accordingly, and when i do run a 150 shot i make sure to use a bit higher octane race gas...ive heard of motors going even with all of these precautions...is this the case?? just wondering...what kind of kit did you have?

look man, i get what ur saying, you should just use a different choice of words, if you say "its all in the tune" that generally means, its all in who tuned the chip for our car, in all aspects, not just fuel, spark plug gap, and timing.... so how do you adjust your timing??? and where do you adjust it to??? :rolleyes:

just for your pleasure, i've sparyed 200 shot on a stock bottom, stock ignition'd, non-chipped/tuned 302 :shrug:

and since you must know, i run a NX wet kit

robs97cobra

when i said 'all in the tune' i guess i predominately mean being sure you have the above stated taken care of, along with a safe a/f ratio...dude im just asking how you had your kit set up, and what may have caused your motor to go. i adjust my timing with a timing adjuster. and back it down a few degrees when spraying the 150...i wasnt talking down on you blowing your motor, or bragging about spraying a big shot, was just wondering about your car/set up and what could have caused it to blow???

Last edited by a moderator:

NXSVTCOBRA

GM187 said:
i c. stock fuel pump? stock injectors with a wet kit should handle the extra juice...

no you go lean, stock fuel system is very restrictive on the cobra, mainly the fuel pump, think of it like this, people are "upgrding" 99/01 cobra pumps with the pump from the focus.... i personally have a pump from the Aviator that hasn't went in yet, but im thinking of ditching it and buying 03pumps, 03fpr, and 03injectors, better to have enough fuel then none at all

jcs03cobra

non V-Tech...
Established Member
it doesnt even matter were you hang out the police will be out there in no time(happens everytime)

by the way whats up my name is jordan i am new to the forums i drive a 03 cobra and i live in ftluaderdale.

Last edited:

NXSVTCOBRA

jcs03cobra said:
it doesnt even matter were you hang out the police will be out there in no time(happens everytime)

by the way whats up my name is jordan i am new to the forums i drive a 03 cobra and i live in ftluaderdale.

welcome to the board...... that "hang out" was sooooooo last year tho :thumbsup:

jcs03cobra

non V-Tech...
Established Member
place that was good i guess was sadanos west on pines blv. (forgot the street) off of I75 next to the burger king. there were some nice cars that went out there but also alot of cops i think sooner or later that place will be shut down :shrug:

NXSVTCOBRA

jcs03cobra said:
place that was good i guess was sadanos west on pines blv. (forgot the street) off of I75 next to the burger king. there were some nice cars that went out there but also alot of cops i think sooner or later that place will be shut down :shrug:

isnt it already shut down due to all off the ricers doing burnouts and driving around with no exhaust

Users who are viewing this thread