"Southern" Cruise to JLP Dyno Day

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
As in years past, there will be a cruise from the Washington, D.C. area to Johnny Lightning Performance in eastern PA. The southern cruise will begin at the Hillandale Safeway at Exit 28 on I495, which is about a mile north of where I95 from Baltimore meets merges with the DC Beltway. The store is approximately 75 yards north of the Beltway right on New Hampshire Avenue (Route 650).

We will be meeting at Hillandale at 7:45am and leaving at 8:00am. We will be picking up folks along the way and typical "merge" points have been on I95, just south of the Baltmore Beltway (I695), and then at the shoulder on I695, right after the White Marsh exit.

Post on up if you're intersted in crusing up with an impressive convoy of Cobras!

Hillandale @ 7:45am
Ironterp
sunburned
FISHTAIL
TDoh
gcassidy
Boobinspector

I95 - I695 south @ 8:25am

I95 - White Marsh shoulder @ 8:40am

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
*whew* that's early. Considering how late my appointment is I'm on the fence about meeting you guys for this or just showing up on my own later....

TRBO VNM

dude mike, half the fun is cruising with everyone. don't wuss out. plenty of good times cruising up and hanging with everyone talking.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'll be there, Dwight. I dunno what's up with NoVa guys if they want to meet somewhere to drive up to Hillandale.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
dude mike, half the fun is cruising with everyone. don't wuss out. plenty of good times cruising up and hanging with everyone talking.

I know, but that's just such a loooooong day. Leave house at 6:45...drive to dyno day. Get dyno'd at 5:00...drive to DC for birthday party that starts at 8. Get home at 1am. Attempt to not pass-out driving inbetween.

I will probably meet up with you guys anyway, I just wish I could clean the car and park it so it looked reasonable for the ride up. Unfortunately it's been re-instated to DD duty for the past week and a half because the BMW is on life support. I forgot how often I have to wash the fuggin thing when I drive it everyday...and it's to damn cold out to be washing it right now!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I know, but that's just such a loooooong day. Leave house at 6:45...drive to dyno day. Get dyno'd at 5:00...drive to DC for birthday party that starts at 8. Get home at 1am. Attempt to not pass-out driving inbetween.

I will probably meet up with you guys anyway, I just wish I could clean the car and park it so it looked reasonable for the ride up. Unfortunately it's been re-instated to DD duty for the past week and a half because the BMW is on life support. I forgot how often I have to wash the fuggin thing when I drive it everyday...and it's to damn cold out to be washing it right now!

All I heard there was wahhhhhhhh... I drove 11 hours down to florida on friday and 11 hours back on saturday. You'll be fine haha.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Mike, there's rain on Friday that might carry over into Sat, everybody's car may be a mess.
Don't sweat it. Mine's still got all the salt on it from the 6Speed cruise, but then you guys know me. :loser:

Dwight, should we bring an EZ Pass?

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
I will be at Hillandale...

I take issue with this statement...the cruise up is WAY more than "half" the fun.
More like...14/19 of the fun! :rollseyes

Mike, there's rain on Friday that might carry over into Sat, everybody's car may be a mess.
Don't sweat it. Mine's still got all the salt on it from the 6Speed cruise, but then you guys know me. :loser:

Good call on the EZ Pass, Greg. I'm sure we'll be going through the Fort McHenry tunnel.

And I'm another one still sporting the salt from the 6speed cruise, Mike. At least you won't be the dirtiest car there!

Boobinspector

Established Member
Southern Maryland Area

I would like to find out if any one from S.Md. will be trying to cruise together up meet with Ironterps group. Dumb question and all but figure it can't hurt.
:??:

TRBO VNM

I take issue with this statement...the cruise up is WAY more than "half" the fun.
More like...14/19 of the fun! :rollseyes

hahaha, well i need to give respect to the JLP crew. they are amazing hosts and always make everyone feel welcome, so that is a damn good time and food as well.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.

There's a 30% chance of rain in the DC area Saturday morning, but is supposed to be clear in eastern PA. Really need the weather to hold out for us.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
hahaha, well i need to give respect to the JLP crew. they are amazing hosts and always make everyone feel welcome, so that is a damn good time and food as well.

Oh, so maybe more like 10/19 of the fun?

Hang on. I gotta go check my math again...

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
HEY. C'mon, how much trouble can 300 HP get into?

With you behind the wheel? ALOT. I think you could probably succeed in scaring me if you took me for a ride in a go-cart. I've seen your in car video's before, AND I've been on cruises with you...you can't fool me. :poke:

Carlos, just for manning up and riding with Greg, I promise I won't make fun of you if you wear a helmet for the trip.

Oh, and Boobies...I'll be leaving somewhere in the neighborhood of 6:45am I think. So we could link up north of waldorf at like 7:00 or so (like at the 7-11 in brandywine).

Users who are viewing this thread