"Southern" Cruise to JLP Dyno Day

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Just read an article about the SVT Supercharged Shootout ("Blown Bad Boys") in the April MM&FF issue, which featured Johnny and his '02 Lightning.

Spoiler alert! He easily wins the Lightning class, and the only car to beat his ET (by 0.12s) was Evolution Performance's '07 GT500 running a 3.4 Whipple Gen II and automatic transmission! The lead in to the article describes JL's 9.56s/141mph "hero pass" (their words) in great detail. Cool story!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I saw that article also. As for this cruise up...my attendance will completely depend on my wife. If she comes along, it's very unlikely that we'll be getting up early enough to drive up together, but if she doesn't come, then I'm in.

I have nothing against her coming along, however, I'm pretty sure she'll be bored. lol.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
Just read an article about the SVT Supercharged Shootout ("Blown Bad Boys") in the April MM&FF issue, which featured Johnny and his '02 Lightning.

Spoiler alert! He easily wins the Lightning class, and the only car to beat his ET (by 0.12s) was Evolution Performance's '07 GT500 running a 3.4 Whipple Gen II and automatic transmission! The lead in to the article describes JL's 9.56s/141mph "hero pass" (their words) in great detail. Cool story!

yeah i just read that too, pretty cool shoot out with the blown trucks and cobra's.

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
I saw that article also. As for this cruise up...my attendance will completely depend on my wife. If she comes along, it's very unlikely that we'll be getting up early enough to drive up together, but if she doesn't come, then I'm in.

I have nothing against her coming along, however, I'm pretty sure she'll be bored. lol.

Mike courtney is coming..she can hang out with courtney..

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I guess I'm not meeting anyone in NoVa for the ride up to CP. Damn, I gotta leave at 7am to get there :(

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I'm leaving my house around 6:45....still working on how the passenger situation is going to look. Depending on who will drive who, I'll either have Nick or Marisa with me, but one of them will need to ride with someone else. Marisa is going to drive her focus to Hillindale I think, so that someone else can drop her off on the way home (she doesn't want to stay till 5, plus I have a party to attend afterwards).

Someone want to pick up Nick in SS? Marisa will ride with Dale or Dwight, but that's probably about it since those are the only people she knows well enough to be comfortable riding with. Nick probably doesn't care, so if Dale and Dwight are full...someone needs to take Nick. Whomever has him as a passenger will likely also be a photo car...FYI.

Last edited:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
HEY. C'mon, how much trouble can 300 HP get into?

What a joke that statement is.....Greg would be hard to keep up with on a skateboard with a weed wacker motor on it.

FWIW - Checking the weather channel in the morning. If all is clear I will hook up at the 216 rest stop.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Weather looks fine until tomorrow night so we should be ok. If I'm not at Hillandale by like 7:35, can someone call me? Goin out in Arlington tonight and not sure when, where or for how long I'll be sleeping lol.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Weather looks fine until tomorrow night so we should be ok. If I'm not at Hillandale by like 7:35, can someone call me? Goin out in Arlington tonight and not sure when, where or for how long I'll be sleeping lol.

Think you can get there in 10 minutes eh?

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
great seeing you guys, it was fine driving with Greg up 95 and passing on the no passing zone, and going side ways every turn ...and dipping thru traffic...i think he broke the law a couple of times...and thanks to JLP for hosting a great turn out!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
C'mon out to the track for a ride where there's no yellow lines. ;-)

Thanks for running video, Carlos.
I'll have some up in the main thread soon.

And a huge thanks to Johnny and Sue.
Class act all the way!

Last edited:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time reading the threads. Still winter up here in New England and will be for 3+ weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread