Spanish speakers help me translate this story!

bone stock

Established Member
I have to translate a child's story, Cinderella, as part of a group project for my Spanish class. Please help me since I know I have plenty of mistakes. There were two sentences toward the end where I had no answer so please help me with those. Be kind, it's only my second semester! Thank you in advance.

1. El padre de Cenicienta casó enojado mujer. Cinderella’s father married an angry woman.

2. Ella tuvó dos enojado hermanastras She had two angry step-sisters.

3. Cenicienta trabajó por su madrastra en su casa. Cinderella worked for her mother in her house.

4. Las hermanastras celoso de Cenicienta y su belleza. Cinderella’s step-sisteres were jealous of her beauty.

5. Príncipe tuvó la fiesta para encontrar la mujer. The prince was having a ball to find a new wife.

6. Cenicienta no recibío invitación porque ella es a criado. Cinderella did not receive an invatation because she was a servant.

7. Hada madrina de Cenicienta hizo la princesa para la fiesta de príncipe. Hada madrina dio Cenicienta vidrio zapatillas. Cinderella’s fairy godmother turned her into a princess for the ball and gave her glass slippers.

8. Ceniciento va a fiesta pero tiene. Cinderella goes to the ball but must be home by midnight because her spell will go away.

9. Cinderella meets the prince and they become attracted to eachother.

10. Cinderella rushes home to be back by midnight and loses her glass slipper.

11. El príncipe encontró las zapatillas y Cenicienta y vivieron felices para siempre. The prince find’s her glass slippers and they live happily ever after.

bone stock

Established Member
thread-derail-1953.jpg

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
I hope this helps you out; Its the best I could do.

1.El padre de Cenicienta se caso con una mujer enojada.
2.Ella tuvo dos hermanastras enojadas.
3.Cenicienta trabajo para su madrastra en su casa.
4.Las hermanastras de Cenicienta estaban celosas de su belleza
5.El Principe tuvo un baile para encontrar a su nueva esposa.
6.Cenicienta no recibio una invitacion porque ella era una sirvienta.
7.La Hada Madrina de Cenicienta la convirtio en una princesa para el baile y le dio zapatillas de crystal.
8.Cenicienta va al baile pero debe be regresar a casa a media noche porque su hechizo desaparecera.
9.Cenicienta conocio a el Principe y hubo una atraccion entre ellos.
10.Cenicienta se apresura para llegar a casa a media noche y pierde una zapatilla.
11.El principe encontro la zapatilla de Cenicienta y vivieron felices para siempre.

canibus

Established Member
1. El padre de cenicienta se caso con una mujer enojada. Cinderella’s father married an angry woman.

2. Ella tenia dos hermanastras enojadas. She had two angry step-sisters.

3. Cenicienta trabajó para su madrastra en su casa. Cinderella worked for her mother in her house.

4. Las hermanastras eran celosas de Cenicienta y su belleza. Cinderella’s step-sisteres were jealous of her beauty.

5. El Príncipe tuvó une fiesta para encontrar una mujer. The prince was having a ball to find a new wife.

6. Cenicienta no recibío invitación porque ella era una criada. Cinderella did not receive an invatation because she was a servant.

7. La Hada madrina de Cenicienta la hizo una princesa para la fiesta del príncipe. La Hada madrina le dio a Cenicienta unas zapatillas de vidrio. Cinderella’s fairy godmother turned her into a princess for the ball and gave her glass slippers.

8. Cenicienta va a la fiesta, pero tiene que regresar antes de la media noche porque si no el encanto desapareceria. Cinderella goes to the ball but must be home by midnight because her spell will go away.

9. Cenicienta se presenta con el principe, y se atraen uno al otro. Cinderella meets the prince and they become attracted to eachother.

10. Cenicienta se apura para regresar a la casa antes de la media noche, Y pierde una de las zapatillas de vidrio. Cinderella rushes home to be back by midnight and loses her glass slipper.

11. El príncipe encontró la zapatilla y a Cenicienta y vivieron felices para siempre. The prince find’s her glass slippers and they live happily ever after.

canibus

Established Member
I guess i was beat to the punch but in any case both are correct. depending on where your spanish comes from you use different words. wich is why our responces were slightly different.

for example. in northern mexico they might call a car an "automobil", in central mexico a "coche" and in southern mexico a "carro". They all mean the same thing, it all depends where you learned your spanish.

canibus

Established Member
"El" is male and "La" is female. The fairy was a female, therefore "La" is the correct term. Although like I mentioned before, it all depends where you learned your spanish

Intmd8r32

Established Member
"El" is male and "La" is female. The fairy was a female, therefore "La" is the correct term. Although like I mentioned before, it all depends where you learned your spanish

sex has been determined by "Hada Madrina" not by "El" or "La". In singular form it would be "El", in plural form it would be "Las". For instance, the term "the water" in spanish it would be "el agua" not "la agua". Spanish is a complicated language and not as easy as english. But hey, what do I know I just went to school in Mexico.:rolling:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread