Spark plug foulers

TheJudge

Established Member
Have the new exhaust coming.
My question is will the spark plug foulers work on the car if i put cat delete pipes on it?Has anyone had any success without going to a tune?In a 2011-2013 mustang,

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
I actually looked into this and unfortunately mil eliminators or fouler will not work on 11-13 coyote. Only option is tune.

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited:

grabber blue gt

Established Member
That's pretty cool, but at $25 a piece (x2) that's expensive... there is plenty of room to use 2 foulers and not hit anything.

Yeah but people have said that it still sets off a CEL even with 2 stacked. Apparently the bend in the vibrant non fouler does a good job. I have 2 sitting on my dresser that I havent installed yet

stang910

Established Member
I had nonfoulers in my car and the catalyst and O2 readiness monitors never completed no matter how much I drove the car. I put the stock mufflers on and the readiness monitors completed with no CEL. Not sure why it worked with the stock mufflers and not the hushpower's I had.

TheJudge

Established Member
Probably because you still corked it up just at the end instead of all at the cats

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
Is there any shops that have had any luck so far getting yes and no's

not sure what you mean, but like I mentioned I am using the 2 fouler per side for approx 6 months and around 9-10k miles with no CEL. it works

CobraHuck

Established Member
I've got a Lethal ORX, no tune (yet), and 2 pair of non-foulers for the o2s. Left one pair alone and screwed them in the pipe, drilled out the second pair large enough (1/2" bit) for the o2s to screw all the way in then screwed them into the first pair. Then put in the o2s.

Worked great for about 2 months with no CEL, now I get the CEL about once a month or so. I just clear it and rock on, no problem

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Any "side effects" to doing this...As in, messing up the car? Will the cat cooling cause an issue? Or will it be like it was stock but with the loud go pedal.

I wonder if a dealer would have a problem with me rolling into service with o2 foulers on?

Last edited by a moderator:

CobraHuck

Established Member
I have had zero issues other than the once-in-a-blue-moon CEL. When that pops up, it still doesn't affect the car, I just drive her easy till I can clear the code, just incase. Clear the code and go. Not sure what you're referring to as "cat cooling", but mine drives stock, just louder and a little more power.

As far as the dealer, it depends on the dealer and what the car is in for. Just service, etc I bet they'd never even notice. But if it's in for warranty work/etc it may cause problems. But like I said, it GREATLY depends on the dealer and your relationship with them

scotmach

Established Member
I have had zero issues other than the once-in-a-blue-moon CEL. When that pops up, it still doesn't affect the car, I just drive her easy till I can clear the code, just incase. Clear the code and go. Not sure what you're referring to as "cat cooling", but mine drives stock, just louder and a little more power.

You mean you know nothing of the COT feature which you choose to ignore?

CobraHuck

Established Member
You mean you know nothing of the COT feature which you choose to ignore?

The cat cooling? All I know is my car runs just fine :shrug: I do plan on a tune in the next month or two tho. I've heard people talk about cars "dumping" fuel to cool the cats. But I've also heard the same about trying to "light" the cats, so idk.

Please explain. Every car I've owned either already had the cats removed and been tuned for it, was old enough that it didn't have cats to start with, or like on my truck there was no point in messing with the tune/cats so they were stock. But I'm always eager to learn :beer:

CHIZ_65

Just got longtubes and HiFlos installed...Got a custom tune with the rear 02s switched off. Got another tune on my tuner with the 02s turned on, just in case....Moving to Illinois (chicagoland area) and might have to go through emissions when i register. I figure I'll rock my no-O2 tune until I need the one with the O2s on to pass a "readiness" check...In the meantime, I think I'll do the double non-fouler on each of the rear 02s...can't hurt...and when and If i need to turn the sensors on, there should be no issues! right? ...

Users who are viewing this thread