Spark plug wires

cdf1271

Hi all,

Wondering what kind of spark plug wires everyone is running and had good luck with. I just recently had some of the ford performance wires that started misfiring after only around 6k miles and a couple years. I put back on my original factory wires and now it's good again. However, im not sure i how long i want to roll around with nearly 25 yo wires .

Thank you for any input.

Sent from my SM-G981V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Tillerman77

Established Member
Hi all,

Wondering what kind of spark plug wires everyone is running and had good luck with. I just recently had some of the ford performance wires that started misfiring after only around 6k miles and a couple years. I put back on my original factory wires and now it's good again. However, im not sure i how long i want to roll around with nearly 25 yo wires .

Thank you for any input.

OEM Motorcraft have worked great for me.

Sent from my SM-G981V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Spintastic9000

Established Member
Not to hijack the thread, but are Autolite 104 interchangeable with Autolite 764? My local store only carries the 104 and it shows that they fit my car. Is there anything different about these I should know about?

Mark99GT

Established Member
Not to hijack the thread, but are Autolite 104 interchangeable with Autolite 764? My local store only carries the 104 and it shows that they fit my car. Is there anything different about these I should know about?
104 has more threads, 764 has like half as many (like 5). I used 104s and they're fine. Overall plug dimensions are basically the same. Search Google for a pic of each and you'll see the difference in the thread count. Not sure how many threads there are in the cylinder head, but if there are more than the 5 or so the 764 plug has I'd rather run the 104 anyways.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
NGK or Motorcraft.

I used to run Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm. Switched to NGK, maybe placebo, but it felt like the engine ran better. The Taylor's were maybe 2 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread