Spark Plugs

LightningForce9

I make quality L seats
Established Member
Ok, here's my situation,

For the third time in less than 5 months, I have fouled a plug. It's been a different plug everytime. I switched from the stock plug in December. I went to Denso Iridium plugs.

My L is in the shop for the third time, because it has a plug stuck in the spark plug sleeve, because the threads are stripped.

To avoid doing this AGAIN AFTER THIS IS FIXED. Are my heat ranges and gap settings right? I never touched the gap, since they are supposed to be pre-gapped. I am using factory heat settings for the plugs. I think that maybe the problem. Because I am running a 160 degreee thermostat and 9# of boost on a stock ECU? Any ideas?

OH-MAN

Established Member
Which plugs are you using the 20s or 22s?
I also gapped my 22s to .038 I woud check the factory settings even if you don't want to change the gap . It's to much work to change them if one is gapped wrong. Are you running an additional 9#s or total 9#s ? In other words did you change the pulley?

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
denso's suck
i have never heard anything good about them, ill stick to the tr-6's
and i would go with a colder plug anyway no matter what thermo you got

alexr40

Established Member
I am running a 4# with Superchips chip tuned by JDM

i am thinking on getting some Tr6's ,

Should i leave the gap as they come, or i should regap to something else ? i dont want to remove them after the hard installation

FORDP51

Established Member
Originally posted by VENOM98
Autolite AR103's are what I run. Excellent plug with great throttle response/idle.............

Inexpensive as well...try them you will be happy!

Users who are viewing this thread