SpdKilz TT Z06 At The Track + TT 350z Race

SpdKilz

Established Member
So...decided to go spur of the moment up to the track yesterday. My buddy Vogz with a TT 350z called me late Friday night and said his car was good to go and he was heading up to the track. I told him I would sleep on it and when I woke up decided might as well go.

Was sunny going there, but before we ran started clouding over though the sun would peak out every now and then. It was pretty damn cold (under 50) and we had a head wind coming down the track which I'm sure didn't help.

Anyway, let me tell you...this clutch (Quartermaster 8.5V Extreme) SUCKS for launching if you are trying to get traction. I tried two ways to launch (one was bogging it and then taking off...other was dumping the clutch because that is essentially what you have to do) and both times I spun 1st the entire way, and 2nd literally up to 6 grand. Third and fourth freaking PULLED LIKE A TRAIN. As soon as I got traction...hoo boy. Car felt strong today!

My best 60" time was a 2.1 and like I said...I just could not get traction on the cold track today. I felt like I got less traction on the track than I did on the street once I would get on it!

My best time is a pathetic 11.520 and I short shifted 1st massively (didn't know if I was spinning or if I genuinely was done with that gear if you know what I mean). HOWEVER, I also trapped 133mph!!! (ok, 132.99, haha).

My buddy Vogz was kicking butt yesterday and ran a 11.24 at 125.4mph. He is putting cams in this winter most likely and is looking to be 10’s (easily) by spring and trapping 130+. Don’t let those imports fool you! They are a handful if done up properly!

So...all in all I was pretty happy. At 4.5 pounds of boost I was trapping 133mph and have a TON of potential come spring time when I can heat the tires up a bit more (didn't do the best job) and also get more track time under my belt. I WILL get 10's next year...or blow the car up in the process

Enjoy!

- Carleton

SpdKilz Track Runs & Racing TT 350z (Right Click Save As – 14.1mb) - http://spdkilz.com/video-audio/Video-Audio/My Z06/SpdKilzTTTrack.wmv

Byron1.jpg

Byron2.jpg

Byron3.jpg

Byron4.jpg

Byron5.jpg

TimeSlipZ06.jpg

rphinney

Established Member
MT ET Street radial or a BFG drag radial if you need to go wider. The pure drag tire on the vette with your MPH will be hairy down the track.

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
Very nice man! I rememer back when you were just rumbling on the back roads in the almost stock Z06, and now look at it...GT35-Rs and trapping 133mph :D Love it

Stopsign32v

Established Member
H/C+Turbo Z06 only running 132mph? What am I missing here? I've personally driven a bone stock C5 Z06 with only mod being a HP Turbo kit @ 7psi to a 131mph trap speed without a reverse. (no burnout for the 18" DR's)

badass looking car BTW

Last edited by a moderator:

byeofcr

Established Member
wow.. nice 60ft for the 350Z! 1.6.. not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Byron eh? I went out to the same track a few weeks ago and ran a 13.2 @ 105. BTW, very nice vette. Hopefully I can get my hands on a targa top c5 fairly soon.

SpdKilz

Established Member
H/C+Turbo Z06 only running 132mph? What am I missing here? I've personally driven a bone stock C5 Z06 with only mod being a HP Turbo kit @ 7psi to a 131mph trap speed without a reverse. (no burnout for the 18" DR's)

badass looking car BTW

I'm at 4.5 psi with a non-turbo cam. Show me any other Z06 that is running my PSI that traps 133.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I'm at 4.5 psi with a non-turbo cam. Show me any other Z06 that is running my PSI that traps 133.

No need to get your panties in a twist. I was just saying from experience. The Z06 I drove didn't have a "turbo" cam in it either and with just 2.5 more psi was within 1 mph from your best mph and the one I drove had ALOT more in it driving wise. It just happened to be a packed out night and I only got 1 run in. :shrug: BTW this Z06 I'm talking about made 669rwhp.

I'd say atleast turn up the boost. BTW why did you change the heads and cam when you were going turbo? The stock heads and even cam are fine for a turbo charged setup.

SpdKilz

Established Member
No need to get your panties in a twist. I was just saying from experience. The Z06 I drove didn't have a "turbo" cam in it either and with just 2.5 more psi was within 1 mph from your best mph and the one I drove had ALOT more in it driving wise. It just happened to be a packed out night and I only got 1 run in. :shrug: BTW this Z06 I'm talking about made 669rwhp.

I'd say atleast turn up the boost. BTW why did you change the heads and cam when you were going turbo? The stock heads and even cam are fine for a turbo charged setup.

First of all, I'm not getting my panties in a twist. You just don't know what you are talking about.

And I'm sorry, but what you said is BS. You will NOT run 670rwhp with JUST bolting on a turbo kit at 7.5psi. That would equate to almost 50rwhp PER psi over stock rwhp. There was a guy just recently on Corvette forum who was running 8.5 pounds of boost with a meth/alchi kit who put down about 600rwhp.

Yet another guy is running 10lbs boost being about 600rwhp.

Also, the "stock" Z06 you are talking about can NOT handle that power with the stock fuel system. Even with a KB BAP, you are good up to about 600rwhp. Your friend would be going lean if he was 669rwhp and is "stock" like you keep stressing.

I'd love to know if your friend did in fact just bolt on a TT kit, put it to 7.5psi, and was 669. Oh, btw, his stock block should be blown up by now. I did heads/cam because I didn't KNOW I was going turbo. I thought I would be done after that step but alas, I needed to be faster yet again. I will be turning up the boost to about 6.5psi come spring, which will put me at about 600rwhp...but that will be pushing my stock block BIG TIME.

One last thing...I got better MPH with 120 LESS rwhp than your friend. Something isn't right there...

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Get you some MT 305/35/18 drag radials and you'll be flyin. I believe your trap speed will come up a little more once you're able to put the power down earlier. I don't think 135 is out of the question once you get your 60's down in the 1.60's or 1.70's. You'll be deep in the 10's for sure. Sick car you got there.

Users who are viewing this thread