SPEC 3+ light pedal just installed...

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Mcleod? The twin disk kits come with a flywheel already, if I did the spec and got the new flywheel, I'm only saving about 500 bucks, I don't mind spending the extra money but I want the smoothest, longest lasting clutch I can get that can handle the slicks and spray when I feel like it.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
so are you saying you didn't get the "easy pedal" option and that is why your pedal is tough? Besides that, is it smooth? Did you get an aluminum flywheel or steel?
that is correct. I didnt get the easy pedal option.

It chatters on take off once and a while. However, i have a fidanza aluminum flyhweel which is less rotating mass. Also i have 3.73's in a HEAVY truck compared to a light terminator. So i personally wouldnt go by what i said. Sorry i cant help man. I'm selling my spec 3+ and getting a dual disc mcleod. My buddy has one in his terminator and it's a dream!

I will say for sure, the spec 3+ WILL hold your power. I make more TQ than you and it holds fine. Here's a 6k clutch dump. Did about 3 that night.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
very nice truck! What kind of numbers do you put down? Have you heard anything on specs twin or is McLeod the way to go?

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Thanks. i dont have dyno numbers sorry. I only heard what i read on here mostly. Like i said, i hate mine because of the pedal feel. If it were easier, i would get another just like it when mine starts to sleep. Hopefully someone local wants to buy it for half off.

+3 is fine. People run into two issue. If it's not installed or broken in properly it's pretty much useless after that. And two people need to learn how to drive. There are some cars I've gotten in that were just fine for me but other people were about to set them on fire out of frustration.

+1

I'm on my 2nd Spec 3+. When I've contacted Spec, they made me aware to take it easy on the car for the first 500 miles and not to subject the clutch to 'significant' boost or just 'hard aggressive driving.'

If these Spec clutches are broken in properly, no one should have any complaints.

Its a fantastic clutch.

The real issue we have on these cars is being able to properly adjust our clutch pedal. In some cases, over time, we need to go to an adjustable clutch cable.

BMR Tech

I broke my 3+ in on the dyno, with over 700ft lbs.

I put 500 miles a year on my cars - I am not waiting for a year to go WOT.

With 122 miles on the clock, it ripped off a 10.1@142 at a lofty 3900lbs a few weeks ago.

3+ FTW

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I put 300 miles of stop and go in one day to break the spec 3 in before final dyno tune. You could tell by 150 that she was fully bedded in. The pedal feels only slightly stronger than stock. I did go with a spec steel flywheel.

03cobraracer

Established Member
I'm on my 2nd spec 3+ and I like them a lot. Pedal is great and it's always held what I've thrown at it. I had a dfx before this and I hated it so much. I may try to rxt next if I can afford it but this clutch is great so far

Users who are viewing this thread