SPEC 3+ light pedal just installed...

Avispa

Established Member
Thanks for all the posts on this thread. Just bought a Spec 3+ and will install it next week. Good to hear most of you are happy with them. It's replacing a Spec 2+ which is just about the worst street clutch I've ever had in any car, ever. And I've owned a lot of em in 40 years of driving. The 2+ is just about worn out with only 25,000 miles on it (NO track use) and the chatter was just awful from day one. Guess it was the puck style disk?

FWIW, I would not be surprised about at least a little chatter from the 3+. The disk is bonded onto flat steel plates, not wave spring plates like the factory clutch.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I'm on my 2nd spec 3+ and I like them a lot. Pedal is great and it's always held what I've thrown at it. I had a dfx before this and I hated it so much. I may try to rxt next if I can afford it but this clutch is great so far

What didn't you like about the Centerforce DFX? Ive owned 2 dual friction clutches and they have been great super soft pedal feel.

I also had the SPEC 2 lasted long under hard launches but always chattered like crazy!

Now I am debating on trying the SPEC 3+ or going to the DFX? I don't like the hard pedal feel, my car is not a full time drag car but I do run it once a week during the summer on test and tune nights.

richie_1

Established Member
just got my spec3+ put in yesterday clutch feels really light too light for my liking but we will see still running the stock cable its grabbing really high but we will see if i need to adjust it.

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
just got my spec3+ put in yesterday clutch feels really light too light for my liking but we will see still running the stock cable its grabbing really high but we will see if i need to adjust it.

I will be installing the light pedal pressure plate on my spec 3+ clutch monday morning. Hopefully all is well

Avispa

Established Member

Hahahahaha!!!! When you get to be in your late 50s and have to sit in traffic on the way to work you won't say things like "too light for my liking." Keep us posted on how the Spec 3+ works for you. I'm putting mine in next week. :beer:

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
Hahahahaha!!!! When you get to be in your late 50s and have to sit in traffic on the way to work you won't say things like "too light for my liking." Keep us posted on how the Spec 3+ works for you. I'm putting mine in next week. :beer:

+1 I am 35 and hate the pedal feel on my spec 3+. Thats the reason I ordered the light pedal pressure plate. Will be installing tomorrow morning.

Stage 4.6

Established Member

lol.. tell me about it! I got mine in the shop now and I still haven't decided on a clutch based on every ones decision? And yes I am over 50!

Users who are viewing this thread