Speeding ticket tips:

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Useless. I got about 1/3 of the way through it and got sick of being spoken to like a 3rd grader. It reads like it was written by a traffic cop trying to make you think you're an asshole for driving at a reasonable speed.

shacar87

Established Member
Originally posted by cydewaze
Useless. I got about 1/3 of the way through it and got sick of being spoken to like a 3rd grader. It reads like it was written by a traffic cop trying to make you think you're an asshole for driving at a reasonable speed.

Yeah, the guy comes across that way, wich he could've done better with that, but if you ignore that part of it, it does give some pretty good and valid tips. And no, he's not a cop, check out the links at the bottom of the page for feedback from the police.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
hell I've been pulled over a no-shitting 70+ times, with 8 tickets:thumbsup:

STOP FOCKIN SPEEDING!!! :p But, at least you know how to talk your way out

I liked this pic:
radardetectors.jpg

Sm00th

Established Member
KevinB120 hell I've been pulled over a no-shitting 70+ times, with 8 tickets

Are you in the military? What do you say/ how do you get out of them. TELL ME PLEASE !!!:thumbsup:

shacar87

Established Member
Originally posted by Sm00th
Are you in the military? What do you say/ how do you get out of them. TELL ME PLEASE !!!:thumbsup:

Read the replies from the police (link at bottom of the page), there are quite a few cops that admit that a military ID usually = no ticket. So i would DEFINITALY use it if you have it!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
The guy has some very good info on that page! Most of it is common sense of course, but he makes some good points about speeding and how to prevent getting a ticket.

U.M.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
That was the biggest bunch of crap I've ever read. :burn:

Good luck with those tips out here. If anything act suspicious, then they'll be tempted to search your vehicle for drugs. Chances are they'll let you go. Happened to me 3 different times.

Last edited:

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
If anything act suspicious, then they'll be tempted to search your vehicle for drugs. Chances are they'll let you go. Happened to me 3 different times.

First time I've heard that. Happen to anyone else?

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
That was the biggest bunch of crap I've ever read. :burn:

Which one, the original, or the one 03graygt posted?

One of my problems with the first one (other than the obvious tone and assertion that every speeder deserves to be ticketed) was his take on radar detectors. I've been saved at least 6 times by detectors. "Pulse" radar? So what? You pick it up when they clock the cars ahead of you. A detector can be a useful tool when used with common sense.

My tips: Avoid being the first one in a pack, and keep it to 5 or less over if you're alone.

Last edited:

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
"(b). Radar Detectors. Useless. Junk. Ka-ka. Nothing but electronic gadgetry designed to give you a false sense of security."

This sealed the deal for me as far as his cluelessness, a GOOD radar detector (Valentine, Passport 8500) and a little common sense will save your butt 3 out of 4 times on any highway in the nation. Ga-ro-teeeed!

He probably had a $39.99 Whistler from Circuit City :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

rocket5979

Established Member
I was just about to say that the serial numbered tickets thing is BS. Or at least I know that is not how it works in MS. Heck I forgot to tell a cop I was in the military when i got a ticket once, and then right before I was about to pull off it came up in our normal conversation that I was stationed on the local SEABEE base. All I see him do is a double take and then asked me for the ticket he had already handed me back, and proceeded to rip it up right there in front of me. Goddddd talk about close call. That guy was really cool. He then apologised for keeping me soo long and stuff. I was so surprised by all this that my jaw must have just dropped when it all happened. That guy was very cool. Not only for not giving fellow man in uniform a ticket, but for the way he acted throughout the whole thing. From then on I vowed to always let them know within my first sentence that I am in the military. And if they dont let me off then ok, I probably deserved it anyways.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by cydewaze
Which one, the original, or the one 03graygt posted?

One of my problems with the first one (other than the obvious tone and assertion that every speeder deserves to be ticketed) was his take on radar detectors. I've been saved at least 6 times by detectors. "Pulse" radar? So what? You pick it up when they clock the cars ahead of you. A detector can be a useful tool when used with common sense.

My tips: Avoid being the first one in a pack, and keep it to 5 or less over if you're alone.

Sorry! I was referring to the article. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread