Speedster Tonneau Pics - opinions?

CobraVert97

C O B R A
Established Member
Ok, let me know what you think. These have been wasting space in my basement for a few years, I (the ultimate procrastinator :-D) just decided to install them. They are NOT the expensive fiberglass saleen version. This is an inexpensive version I got off ebay a long time ago. Very quick install & my test drive showed they seem pretty stable. Obviously I'll have them painted if I keep (probably red BUT MAYBE I was tempted to do black, opinions?

Anyway, let me know what you think....

FrontRight1.JPG
RearRight1.JPG

Right1.JPG
CloseupRight1.JPG

Front1.JPG

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
I have the Saleen tonneau and it looks way better IMO.

It's currently getting painted along with the cobra, but I'll be getting it back monday or tuesday, so I'll post up pics of it.

Maybe you can sell this one and get the Saleen version? Either way, your tonneau looks ok. The speedster look is always sexy on the verts. The plus on the two piece is that you can store it in the back seat, correct?

CobraVert97

C O B R A
Established Member
Saleen version = super sexy BUT expensive $$$

One I have, already own. Should look better when painted & can split to put in car if needed.

I'm not debating which is better, just opinions on how this one looks.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd paint it red, then paint the front flar area, right behind the headrerst black. Just the small spot right behind the headrest though, not the whole scoop thingies.

Lightbar would be key!

COBRASVT

Established Member
Love the look, but not with those.

I've never been a fan of those, but really want a set like the ones below from Cervini's. But I'm not gonna pay their price for them!!!

cervinisspeedstercovers.gif

And it most def needs a light bar first.

CobraVert97

C O B R A
Established Member
Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
The lightbar and the stance is what will make or break the look of them.

Not a real big fan as though.

COBRASVT

Established Member
Closest I found was 99-04 @ ~$800 painted!!Or another place $479 primed!http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...010QQitemZ200222188924QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V! I'm not paying that much for something I'll rarely use! I'll stick to what I already have. Looking into a lightbar though.
I've seen those. The paint process they describe is word for word the directions from Cervinis. I've often wondered if they are full of it or not, but I'd never pay that much.

I'll wait till I find a used set and paint 'em cheap. :D

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Paint them red to match your car and add a S281 rear spoiler and it will look sweeeeeet!

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
i think to pull off a speedster cover you need a light bar and a different wing. i know that my cover with my stock wing still looked off. but with my 281 set it off just right. the two pice seems cool but i wanted a saleen one pice and not have the line between the two. and paint the part behind the seat red to match the car because you dont have a black seats other wise i would say paint it black.:beer:

DSC00736-1.jpg

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
i got my Saleen cover for $305 on ebay like 3 years ago, so its possible.

+1 on the lightbar... cant top the speedster look!

Users who are viewing this thread