Established Member
Last edited:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
good looking out but Sprint sucks around here as well. My wife had em and they were terrible, got away from them in the last 6 months to a year

earico

Established Member
so I guess you're not going to switch? lol

BHAHAHAHAHA!

I had met my contract obligations on one of our iPhone 7s. It was on the network 13 months and I had paid the phone cost off in full. Then the phone had a hardware malfunction. Apple replaced it for free instead of repairing it because it was a model known to have a major flaw. That means the new / replacement device came with a new IMEI number. After using the replacement device for about 1 month I called Sprint to unlock the phone. They flat out refused to because their policy states it has to be on the network for a minimum of 50 days. I explained the whole Apple replacement and told them I had a letter from Apple. Sprint said it didn't matter and basically told me to pound sand. That's how they treat customers of 10 years. I understand rules and policies but sometimes making exceptions is necessary. So I took 6 people in my family and put them on a Verizon plan. Done.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
i completely understand. i'm using this free yr and leaving. back in 2001, i went to a sprint store to PAY MY BILL ON TIME and noticed there was an extra 5 dollars on my bill. they said that if you paid in the store or by phone, there is a $5 convenience fee and the only way to avoid it was to mail in a check. if i did that it would have been late. crazy stuff, and i've never forgotten it

at the same time, im fed up with ATT and really have nothing to lose...no contract no strings with this

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
i completely understand. i'm using this free yr and leaving. back in 2001, i went to a sprint store to PAY MY BILL ON TIME and noticed there was an extra 5 dollars on my bill. they said that if you paid in the store or by phone, there is a $5 convenience fee and the only way to avoid it was to mail in a check. if i did that it would have been late. crazy stuff, and i've never forgotten it

at the same time, im fed up with ATT and really have nothing to lose...no contract no strings with this

Does Sprint even work here? I know T-Mobile can be flaky at times. I'm hoping this crazy stuff keeps forcing ATT to keep cutting rates. They now give free HBO and like 30 free live TV channels with an unlimited plan.

KingBlack

Established Member
yes, but a little spotty in Carolina Forest. ATT service is so so, but its their customer service and secret rate hikes that has pushed me away from them and direct tv

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Ive had Sprint since 2003-2004 ish and Im ready to be done with them. Phone calls are fine but LTE is not existent in some areas and their 3G service basically means no data.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
All carriers suck, have dealt with ATT, T-mob, Sprint...trying to pick a good one is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end. I would definitely do this deal if I was still with ATT and had an unlocked phone. The others suck regarding customer service, but ATT takes the cake in that dept.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Sprint sucks in my neighborhood as well and I even have their magic box to help boost signal (it's a pos). The service works 95% of the time I need it and it's the cheapest option so far, so I'll deal with that 5% of suckness.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
I can't stand the data speed throttling to only allow roughly 480p video. From what i can tell, there is no way to turn it off with this deal since it is part of the promotion. If it weren't for that, I'd likely consider switching for a year. For now, i'm on an older 20 gb shared data plan with ATT that I still feel is a better deal than any of their newer plans so i'll stick to that for now.

jmsa540

Established Member

Att is lame, never have signal.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I actually just switched providers last month and this Sprint deal is what attracted me and got me looking around.

Long story short, after my research, I left ATT (after 20 years!) and am now a Verizon customer.

No more dead spots and got a free iphone 8 to boot. Winning.

earico

Established Member
I actually just switched providers last month and this Sprint deal is what attracted me and got me looking around.

Long story short, after my research, I left ATT (after 20 years!) and am now a Verizon customer.

No more dead spots and got a free iphone 8 to boot. Winning.

Verizon is by far the best network I have EVER experienced in 25 years.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I can't stand the data speed throttling to only allow roughly 480p video. From what i can tell, there is no way to turn it off with this deal since it is part of the promotion. If it weren't for that, I'd likely consider switching for a year. For now, i'm on an older 20 gb shared data plan with ATT that I still feel is a better deal than any of their newer plans so i'll stick to that for now.

I just switched from an old grandfathered ATT unlimited plan to the new unlimited ultimate plan. I gained a lot of features and ended up saving ~$25/month.

KingBlack

Established Member
my issue with ATT is the same issue i had with direct tv. watch your bill because they will raise the prices on you without you knowing

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
my issue with ATT is the same issue i had with direct tv. watch your bill because they will raise the prices on you without you knowing

I think that was more of an issue in the past, one which I had as well. The new prices are pretty straight forward. All the taxes are something different though. Over 10% of my bill is taxes.

Users who are viewing this thread