Spring is coming; how do you prep your cobra

dirtyjerz5.0

Established Member
Well after months of cold and TONS of god damn snow, I am almost ready to start getting ready for weather over 50 degrees. I plan on doing a nice wash/ swissvax wax combo to get her ready as well as taking off my CCW's and doing a Mothers Billet polish with a rejex seal. While the wheels are off im gonna do a full cleaning of the suspension/underside area of the wheel wells. Probably a nice oil change on it too even though ive put 600 miles on since the last :lol1:

how about you guys?

Fat-cat

Established Member
Pull it out put some fresh tires on it some Torco and let the bitch eat. Got to put another clutch in mine this year so it will be easy going after a couple of week to get the install done and a couple hundred break in miles.

Wash and wax / oil change also going to do a coolant flush

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
spring is not coming and were right in the middle of winter here. last night set a new low record temp of 62 degrees.gotta get a t-shirt on at night to handle the cold

cobra_mer

Established Member
What am I doing to get rdy for spring and my homecoming? Wash/wax oil change, 2.9 Whipple and various other "goodies", you know the usual... :rockon:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Claybar and wax, oil change, plugs, riesche thermostat, clean out intercooler pump, coolant flush, change supercharger oil and fuel filter.

See what else comes up. I've only had the car 2 months lol soo I'm gonna try to knock out as much as I can

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
Well after months of cold and TONS of god damn snow, I am almost ready to start getting ready for weather over 50 degrees. I plan on doing a nice wash/ swissvax wax combo to get her ready as well as taking off my CCW's and doing a Mothers Billet polish with a rejex seal. While the wheels are off im gonna do a full cleaning of the suspension/underside area of the wheel wells. Probably a nice oil change on it too even though ive put 600 miles on since the last :lol1:

how about you guys?

Did all that right befor I parked it. So I should be good to go then:beer:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well being I live in Minnesota, we could have until beginning of april before the snow and salt is clearly off the roads. I really hope not!

My car will be pretty much ready to go once it's time. I had the car waxed and detailed right before I tucked her away, and pulled the battery out. Throw battery back in, lower the tire pressure back down a bit, change the oil and check all fluids! I really can't wait any longer! It's like falling in love all over again once I get behind the wheel!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just curious. How many prep their Terminators before garaging them for the Winter? When I had mine, in late November (heated garage) I would wash and detail the car, including the clay bar step. Then I'll put a cover on it and basically store it there until Spring. When it was time to take it out for its first drive I'd change the oil. Detailing wise, it was ready to go. Same amount of work went into the detailing, but in my case I chose to do it in late Fall, mainly because I knew come Spring I'd be too anxious to take it out and drive it and wouldn't want to put the time into the detailing at that point.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
I just wax before winter Bob.

This spring since I have no mod plans, my 'maintenence' will be my mods. :beer:

Wash
Clay Bar / Wax
Change oil / Tranny fluid
New plugs this year
Gonna get the Amsoil filter as well

And a spirited drive once the gravel is gone. :rockon:

djervin

Established Member
So far this winter I have done the Lethal TOB retainer sleeve, FRPP TOP, tranny fluid change ( obviously ), Magnaflow catted x, SLP LM1, and an Eiback pro kit.... have not even drove it yet. Well, put about 30 miles on it back in Nov. after the tranny work, just to make sure everything was on point. My spring prep.... DRIVE IT.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Not sure what is the right thing to do, I guess it depends on the person. Same with prepping before winter, even though I waxed it and cleaned wheels/wells I still drove it once in the winter (on a nice sunny day) because I couldn't avoid the temptation LOL :)

But for spring Ill be doing spark plug change (btw how often do people usually change them?), oil change, blower oil change, probably give it a good wax and detail the interior/engine bay. Also will probably take off my K&N and clean it as well.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
Claybar and wax, oil change, plugs, riesche thermostat, clean out intercooler pump, coolant flush, change supercharger oil and fuel filter.

See what else comes up. I've only had the car 2 months lol soo I'm gonna try to knock out as much as I can

damn... that's a laundry list of things to do, i was just going to wash mine :-D

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I wax both before winter ... stored in a heated garage!!! ...I'm waitong now for those warm days! :)

Oil will be the first thing to do come Spring....

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Just curious. How many prep their Terminators before garaging them for the Winter? When I had mine, in late November (heated garage) I would wash and detail the car, including the clay bar step. Then I'll put a cover on it and basically store it there until Spring. When it was time to take it out for its first drive I'd change the oil. Detailing wise, it was ready to go. Same amount of work went into the detailing, but in my case I chose to do it in late Fall, mainly because I knew come Spring I'd be too anxious to take it out and drive it and wouldn't want to put the time into the detailing at that point.

Thats pretty much how I do it. The first time I take it out this spring I'll drive it for a little bit to get things moving around, then I'll change the oil. I'll also re-torque the spark plugs to make sure there snug.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread