Spring Isolators...H&R Race

T0RCH3D

Established Member
I know this has been covered a million times but reassure me before I put things back together. I have the front end apart and ready to put in the new springs. Should I just throw on the bottom coil isolator and leave out the top for the front to get the best drop? If so can I limit noise by wrapping the spring in a heavy gaft tape or something?

Suggestions for the rear though I am not there yet?

Thanks in advance, post pictures of your H&R Race setup if you like.:beer:

testorossa1989

Established Member
i took my isos out of my eibachs ill post a few pics up if i ever get my balljoint bolts on. I just used this very rubbery eletrical tape to dampen the sound a bit

T0RCH3D

Established Member
I forgot to snap pictures of the factory spring orientation, does this matter for when I put the H&R springs in?

lethal svt

Established Member
Isos

I did the race springs in my 04, left the isos out in the front and left them in on the rears, front is pretty slammed rear is lower but still has a lil bit of a gap, gives the car a good stance with a slight rake, plus my 315s dont have any clearance issues. As for noise, i was worried bout that too by leaving the isos out but i am still yet to hear any types of sounds coming from the front springs.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I am running NO ISO's on my HR Race setup. Maybe, I sacrifice a little ride quality, IDK. Works and looks great, no strange noises. On the rears I have rolled fenders 18x11 fender flush wheel with a 315/35. No issues

Just make sure you "clock" the springs identical to how the old ones were in.

Last edited:

wudy

Established Member
I just did my H&Rs a month ago. Left both isos in the front and removed the top iso in the rear. Waiting for it to settle in the front before I consider takin an iso out.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
depends on how low you want to go and if some noise transfer bothers you. my thoughts are if you run the sport springs leave the isolators in and if you run the race springs remove them. thats just my opinion though.

Ace5Oh

Established Member
H&R Race with no iso's sits perfect IMO.

5u3amu4a.jpg

T0RCH3D

Established Member
No isos it is! Lets hear what you guys wrap your springs with for those who left out both isos on front and back. I'm am thinking electrical or gaft but open to opinions.

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
I run H&R race with no isolators. I wrapped the top and bottom coils of each spring in red duct tape. So far I have zero NVH. The stance, IMO, is perfect. I do not scrape. I run an 11" rear wheel on 315 BFG DRs with fender flush fitment and I did not have to roll my fenders.

On the rear springs I clocked the springs so that the beginning of the lower coil was lined up with the drain hole in the spring cup/perch.

DPP_0008_zps179454d1.gif

DPP_0014_zps997322e1.gif

DPP_0026_zpsdee4a0c8.gif

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
I just did my H&Rs a month ago. Left both isos in the front and removed the top iso in the rear. Waiting for it to settle in the front before I consider takin an iso out.

Same on mine! No ISO's will put it pretty low. Better be ready for a little rubbing, at least pulling into sharp driveways, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread