Spring question

Osiris

Established Member
I have a set of what looks to me to be lowering springs, but I have no identifying marks on them.

They came with the car I recently purchased. Nothing else that the car came with leads me to believe that the previous owner would cut corners on cost, and these springs to not look to be "cut". They look like Eibach Pro Kit springs to me. They are all black.

When I bought the car, the dealer told me the suspension was the only thing not returned to stock because the installed components were better than stock, but the ride height is definitely stock. I have no reason to believe the springs in question would be considered less than springs of stock ride height, unless they're junk. Short of getting under the car and looking, is there any way to tell if these springs are indeed aftermarket or just another set of stockers? I'd like to lower the car a tad, and would like to use these. It appears to me that these were definitely on the car at one point, which means they were installed for a reason....Unless I'm crazy. I'd look to ask the original owner but he passed away...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Osiris

Established Member
So do you have a pic of said springs?
Here is one front/rear
86a5c9f1d7144813dde2b28c668747d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Those might be the Kenny Brown springs. If so, they are a great spring and on the rare side.

IRS spring rates FYI:

IRS%20springs.jpg

Osiris

Established Member
Interesting...I've looked all over them and can't find a single mark...

Osiris

Established Member
So I called Kenny Brown performance and spoke to Kenny himself. Sounds like from the dimensions these are indeed his springs. That's awesome...I can't wait to get them on the car!

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Total score, and cool that you got to talk to Mr. Brown himself. He knew his stuff when he picked these spring rates, and after driving my buddies car, I can tell you they are perfect. Great stance as well. Enjoy!

Osiris

Established Member
Total score, and cool that you got to talk to Mr. Brown himself. He knew his stuff when he picked these spring rates, and after driving my buddies car, I can tell you they are perfect. Great stance as well. Enjoy!
Thanks for the tip man! I never would have known this otherwise!!

Users who are viewing this thread