Spy Shots—2019 GT500 With Supercharged 5.2 FPC Engine?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
No

808 was the specific number I reported on both M6G and SVTP about 18 months ago.

Dodge took that very number.

That is not coincidence and unfortunately, a supercharged 5.0 - 5.2 will not be enough for the "Highest Output V8" and makes being "King of the Road" a bit less convincing.

I am sorry fella's, if you want Ford to produce more than 808, you will need two turbos. Since it was rumored Ford wanted 808, regardless if you believed it or not, Dodge has taken that very number.

Personally, I am not convinced Fords port injectors are compatible with Eatins dual brick TVS design. Nor am I convinced Eaton has the capability to make a PDI compliant root type charger.

If discussion about the 500 breaking 808, or the GT350 continuing until 2020-'21 or the Mustang scheduled refresh/PDI upgrade bothers anyone, I suggest you make the case now.

Chevy asked the Camaro customers what they wanted and all they got was a faster horse. Don't expect Ford and Romeo to be so foolish. They knew that 707 wasn't it and I believe they absolutely knew 808 was on deck at Dodge. I expect they have always intended on the GT500 being the king of the road and an 808 was well known.

Stop pushing a false narrative, I reported 808 waaaaaaay before the Demon came out, 18 months ago. The explanation that came afterwards was to explain how that could be possible.

Say what now?

I think Dodge rated the Demon at 808 to F with Ford.

What I hope is that some of those M6G members do work at Ford. The 808 number leaked was acknowledgment from FoMoCo to Dodge that they know what's coming.

Ford was well aware that a Hellcat 2 was coming but I feel as if it was stolen on purpose.

Romeo hadn't received any additional funding until after November 20th, 2015. That said, I have a feeling R&D has been on going since 2012 but an EB V8 didn't get funding until the UAW Contract was signed.

A Supercharger shouldn't take 2+ years to develop, unless there is a PDI conflict. Maybe the air inlet needed shifted to the rear like a '13 GT500? The Eaton's Dual Brick Intercooler looks conflicting as well.

Just in case you forgot what you wrote. You said YOU reported the 808 hp number at which point Dodge took that number and rated the Demon at 808 to screw with ford.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Just in case you forgot what you wrote. You said YOU reported the 808 hp number at which point Dodge took that number and rated the Demon at 808 to screw with ford.
That is a fact, Dodge used the exact "808" number I had reported last year.

Do you think Dodge selected "808" because some random nobody on the internet said it?

Or do you think Dodge selected "808" specifically for the next GT500 to hurdle?

You guys demand that I am specific in FB then dispute the number on the forums. It is apparent a handful of posters are butt-hurt because of it.

This seems more of a personal issue and should probably be taken care of in a more personal manner. Being a tough guy on a forum vs. what you may encounter in real life isn't even a Fruits to Veggies comparison. I am an honest, retired service member that spent 9 years overseas as an NCO. If misleading people was my objective, I have failed miserably.

I have serious inquiries about the powertrain because I do not have equal experience with engines. Ford's design is brand new and almost unexplored. The engine itself could be the remanence of Project Silver, a Mustang GTE program that was canceled in early 2014. Looking at the class and what everyone else uses, an Ecoboost V8 would have fit perfectly.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wait you said that the dodge demon would produce 808 horsepower prior to official announcement. You said you stated this 18 months ago.

I fail to see Dodge anywhere in your proof.
I fail to see challenger anywhere in your proof.
I fail to see Demon anywhere in your proof.
8/16 is not 18 months ago. Hell its not even 12 month ago.

Car and Driver is his source according to his proof. That's funny!!! Damn that's funny!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It would be announced this november/december time frame, but we won't get a whole lot of info until well into next year. Ford drags out the release of info. Prepare to be hyped and disappointed.
I hope not!! But, we shall see.
If that's the case, I may up end with a clean, 1 owner, low mileage, and stock, '13/'14 GT500.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Wait you said that the dodge demon would produce 808 horsepower prior to official announcement. You said you stated this 18 months ago.

I fail to see Dodge anywhere in your proof.
I fail to see challenger anywhere in your proof.
I fail to see Demon anywhere in your proof.
8/16 is not 18 months ago. Hell its not even 12 month ago.

Car and Driver is his source according to his proof. That's funny!!! Damn that's funny!
Uh oh, someone asked for a link and now they are upset.

I never said Dodge or Challenger, the GT500 and 500 only.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16708&page=17

There it is and that's that... Dodge came out first, Dodge used 808.

:)

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
The engine itself could be the remanence of Project Silver, a Mustang GTE program that was canceled in early 2014. Looking at the class and what everyone else uses, an Ecoboost V8 would have fit perfectly.

Ugh, really?

Project Silver engine was exactly the same as the GT engine.

You really know very, very little about these topics you throw around.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I highly doubt Ford was headed to GTE with an NA 5.0. Like the FGT, Project Silver was flagship Ecoboost. Advertising Ecoboost was one of the key reasons a new Ford GT exist.

Here is C&D's article from August

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-spy-photos-news

OH MY GOD YOU DUMMY PLEASE PAY CLOSER ATTENTION.

FORD GT. THE DAMN FORD GT. IT WAS A 3.5L TT V6.

200.gif

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I am speechless. I am literally without speech.

I don't know how to write this out any more clearly.

Project Silver was going to be a 3.5L TT V6. It was going to race GTLM/GTE-Pro. It was going to use the exact same engine that ended up in the GT.

Jesus.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I am speechless. I am literally without speech.

I don't know how to write this out any more clearly.

Project Silver was going to be a 3.5L TT V6. It was going to race GTLM/GTE-Pro. It was going to use the exact same engine that ended up in the GT.

Jesus.
I wish I could believe that.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link provided in a previous post.

The link also shows where I started to discuss Port Direct Injection, around Aug/Sept. before the UAW Contract for sure.

If Ford initially intended to build a GTE class car, I am hoping they also considered a small 4.0 Ecoboost V8 too.

Obviously, the S550 is larger and heavier so I would expect them to consider a V8 in a Mustang first. The Ecoboost 3.5 in the FGT seems to be specifically built for that application.

That could mean, whatever Ford had previously considered for that program (Project Silver) could eventually come to market with a larger displacement. GTE doesn't permit an EB beyond 4.0 liters so I would think any initial Mustang concepts would include a new Ecoboost V8.

Maybe 800+ isn't important anymore but it is obviously an important aspect of a HALO car. If it's wrong, it's wrong... but so far the GT350 will continue beyond '17 and we see Dodge at 808. Someone on M6G knew what they were talking about. PDI and the refresh came from the same people.

Users who are viewing this thread