Spy Shots—Jeep Wrangler 392 Caught Running the Streets in Michigan

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
392 Jeep? Better bring spare axle shafts and u-joints...

Or life insurance.

I cant wait to see how many of these are rolled over on the side of the highway after a light snow.

Good thing is you will see a ton in wrecking yards which will make swaps more accessible to the masses.

Swine

Established Member
Meh,

Wranglers have been 6's for a long long long time. It offered more grunt than the 4-bangers with only an ever slight drop in fuel economy. The old 6 was also lighter then old V8's helping keep the weight off the nose.

Today Jeep has a powerful and torqy V6 but also the regulation friendly I4, a diesel and now a V8.

They have their bases covered.

The flip side is Ford Broncos always had V8's and that was part of the appeal, it was up one size on the market from the Wrangler.

Either way, marketing blunder but one that was expected from Ford.

Well, hard to find an F150 with a v8 these days. The ecoboosts are just doing a better job achieving the specs and performance figures in todays day and age...

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, hard to find an F150 with a v8 these days. The ecoboosts are just doing a better job achieving the specs and performance figures in todays day and age...
Meanwhile Ram has gone from barely a foot note to taking the number two slot.

Recon

Established Member
Step one in getting a Hellcat Wrangler. Chrysler continues to not disappoint. Well done.

Pick your poison.

kaz109

Established Member

e1394868d0932ba861e567aaa646df50.jpg

F8l Vnm

Established Member

Ram beat Chevy just 1 quarter. While I do agree Ram has come along way it was one quarter. This year so far after 2 quarters Chevy has beat Ram. Not including GMC either.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Ram beat Chevy just 1 quarter. While I do agree Ram has come along way it was one quarter. This year so far after 2 quarters Chevy has beat Ram. Not including GMC either.
Chevy's problem for holding two brands. If they had combined both they'd have been number 1 for years.

If you historically look back, Dodge Rams had been a fraction of the market place, now they are a solid 3rd of it.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Chevy's problem for holding two brands. If they had combined both they'd have been number 1 for years.

If you historically look back, Dodge Rams had been a fraction of the market place, now they are a solid 3rd of it.

GMs problem is not 2 brands it’s the awful interiors they continue to produce. Year after year they somehow drop the interior game ball. And Ram has been 3rd in full size sales for as long as I can remember. Neither Tundra or the Titan sells well enough to take the 3rd place crown.

Swine

Established Member
GMs problem is not 2 brands it’s the awful interiors they continue to produce. Year after year they somehow drop the interior game ball. And Ram has been 3rd in full size sales for as long as I can remember. Neither Tundra or the Titan sells well enough to take the 3rd place crown.

My brother picked up a 2019 Ram, interiors or super impressive. Ram, IMO, gives off a Tundra esque reliability feel with rock solid drivetrain combined with a nice interior and IMO good driving dynamics. Serious force to be reckoned with.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

That was my biggest gripe with Chevy/GMC.

At first, I wanted a GM with a 6.2L but the interiors were shit for the price tag. And no rear AC vents was a bummer too(previous Gen).

So, looked at a Ram, and was blown away by what was offered at the price. Would of gotten a Ford if it wasn't for the refreshed interiors by Ram.

My94GT

Established Member

exactly this, I would have gone GMC of the interior or was better. The ram interior and overall fee of the truck driving it is what sold me. The air suspension has also spoiled me

kaz109

Established Member
exactly this, I would have gone GMC of the interior or was better. The ram interior and overall fee of the truck driving it is what sold me. The air suspension has also spoiled me

Looked into getting a rebel and as all have said the interior is class leading second to none. I didn't pull the trigger because I felt the off road capability fell short in what I was looking for and it was underpowered.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Looked into getting a rebel and as all have said the interior is class leading second to none. I didn't pull the trigger because I felt the off road capability fell short in what I was looking for and it was underpowered.

Yea, the Rebel is pretty much an appearance package.

TBD on how well the TRX rebel does off road.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member

What were you looking for that wasn't offered? Rebel has the Borg-Warner 44-45 transfer case (no clutches) and the rear e-locker with a 3.92 gear. The other trims have the BW 44-44 transfer case, which, I agree, is less than ideal for actual off-road use. I wouldn't classify the 5.7 hemi as under-powered unless you're looking for a sports car. I mean, it's no ecoboost in the acceleration department but it's no slouch either. 0-60 in roughly 6 seconds. What did you end up buying?

kaz109

Established Member
What were you looking for that wasn't offered? Rebel has the Borg-Warner 44-45 transfer case (no clutches) and the rear e-locker with a 3.92 gear. The other trims have the BW 44-44 transfer case, which, I agree, is less than ideal for actual off-road use. I wouldn't classify the 5.7 hemi as under-powered unless you're looking for a sports car. I mean, it's no ecoboost in the acceleration department but it's no slouch either. 0-60 in roughly 6 seconds. What did you end up buying?

Raptor ....I preferred the trans, the motor , and the over all feel of the truck. Just didn't feel as " clunky" .....raptor felt much lighter and more playful . With that said the ram interior absolutely kills the raptor interior quality.

I look forward to trying out the TRX but I have a feeling it will still feel heavy and clunky.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Yea, the Rebel is pretty much an appearance package.

TBD on how well the TRX rebel does off road.

It’s got a 1 inch lift with some skid plates and bilstien shocks. It’s definitely no Raptor but it’s also 20k less too. Wouldn’t call it a appearance package. It’s their answer to the FX4 and frankly they do very well with Rebel sales.

My94GT

Established Member
Raptor ....I preferred the trans, the motor , and the over all feel of the truck. Just didn't feel as " clunky" .....raptor felt much lighter and more playful . With that said the ram interior absolutely kills the raptor interior quality.

I look forward to trying out the TRX but I have a feeling it will still feel heavy and clunky.

for the prices dealers wanted for a raptor I couldn’t justify the difference for my needs. I bought a loaded Laramie with air suspension, sticker 62 if I remember correctly and I got it OTD for like 58k in December of 18.

I definitely like the raptor but I don’t ever off road. I’ll be interested to see the TRX but I have no desire to spend 100k on a truck to daily drive and I’d take a bath on trade in with mine anyway.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford is such an embarrassment. 2L motors in the Bronco is laughable. I think women will be driving the bronco and the men will be driving the 392 Jeep.

Around here, all I see is women driving Wranglers. Either that, or men that appear to be from the Jersey shore.

Users who are viewing this thread