Spy Shots—Jeep Wrangler 392 Caught Running the Streets in Michigan

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Until you approach a corner or onramp/offramp.

dont know any guys who own a Wrangler who approach a corner hard like you would a sports car. Again this engine is jeep feeling some heat from Ford Bronco and offering a bad ass V8. To go along their Turbo 4 , and their 2 V6s. Just another option and easy way for them to make money.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I really hate to say this, but I doubt sales of the Bronco will present much of a threat to Jeep.

Without a better engine lineup, I got a feeling the Bronco will be just another FJ Cruiser.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I really hate to say this, but I doubt sales of the Bronco will present much of a threat to Jeep.

+1

Jeep is capacity constrained and can't make the wrangler fast enough. It's a widely popular and loved vehicle across the globe. They've also know about the existence of a competitor from Ford for far longer than John Q Public has. It's not like they just found out about if at the official reveal a few weeks back and are blindly reacting.

The segment is booming. They and the Bronco will both be just fine.

kaz109

Established Member
for the prices dealers wanted for a raptor I couldn’t justify the difference for my needs. I bought a loaded Laramie with air suspension, sticker 62 if I remember correctly and I got it OTD for like 58k in December of 18.

I definitely like the raptor but I don’t ever off road. I’ll be interested to see the TRX but I have no desire to spend 100k on a truck to daily drive and I’d take a bath on trade in with mine anyway.

For your needs I understand, I am just not use to driving anything that slow so it didn't work for me. I don't need 700+hp but under 400ho for a truck that side just didn't cut it. I use my raptor as it was intended ( when I get the chances) but even if I didn't and kept my truck a pavement princess I would've got a platinum because again anything less than the 450hp and 510tq seemed slow and sluggish. So either way it would've been 65k+ for a truck

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I got it OTD for like 58k.

giphy.gif

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
dont know any guys who own a Wrangler who approach a corner hard like you would a sports car. Again this engine is jeep feeling some heat from Ford Bronco and offering a bad ass V8. To go along their Turbo 4 , and their 2 V6s. Just another option and easy way for them to make money.

I see an increase in rolled over jeeps when the 392 comes.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I wonder if a 392 Gladiator is in the cards, and whether that would take existing pickup market share or expand it from other market buyers. It sure would make a very capable jack of all trades.

My94GT

Established Member
For your needs I understand, I am just not use to driving anything that slow so it didn't work for me. I don't need 700+hp but under 400ho for a truck that side just didn't cut it. I use my raptor as it was intended ( when I get the chances) but even if I didn't and kept my truck a pavement princess I would've got a platinum because again anything less than the 450hp and 510tq seemed slow and sluggish. So either way it would've been 65k+ for a truck

I drove both the F150 and the ram, the money saved I could justify the F150. Now had the recent f150 refresh been out I would have spent the extra likely.

what I really wish would happen is a tundra refresh and power train update. Always been a fan of them

kaz109

Established Member
I drove both the F150 and the ram, the money saved I could justify the F150. Now had the recent f150 refresh been out I would have spent the extra likely.

what I really wish would happen is a tundra refresh and power train update. Always been a fan of them

They have stayed true to their recipe unlike the raptor.....at least with the tundra you know u will be getting the same interior, same V8 ( I will say it again V8) that it has had since day one lol

I drove the tundra as well since my wife ( who isn't into trucks AT ALL) is a big fan of how they look but it has less power than I wanted and the interior was a joke in comparison to the others in class. Now if the Nissan titan would've ever come out with that warrior concept.......

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Soooo over 200 more cubic inches and only 50 more tq than the 2.7? YAWN....
tune and bolt on 2.7 Bronco will drag this shit

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
4wheel launch off the converter and that thing will be breaking a lot of hearts on the streets

Users who are viewing this thread