Spy Shots—Porsche 911 Cabrio Caught Testing in Germany

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

i-P2TsFXT-X4.jpg

Spotted on public roads in Germany, the upcoming 911 Cabriolet sports the same design features as the recently introduced coupe. Visual upgrades are rather mild, with the 992 exterior being heavily based on the outgoing model. There are no surprises regarding the roof, which remains an automated soft-top. We’ll probably see a Targa version of the next 911, too.

i-RqRKhxS-X5.jpg

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I wonder when Porsche is going to let their Design Engineers get a peek at what other cars have evolved into. They probably haven't seen the light of day in forty years.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I am blown away by the revolutionary design. Glad they finally broke the mold.

I wonder when Porsche is going to let their Design Engineers get a peek at what other cars have evolved into. They probably haven't seen the light of day in forty years.

They're not allowed to change how this car looks, remember how much people freaked out when the "fried egg" 996 came out? They're still the lowest resale value 911's you can buy to this day all because it has headlights from a boxster.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
It looks like a chop top Beetle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL. That's a bit of a stretch, Rev.

The front end and that REAR leave a lot to be desired. I sort of like it, a bit....but I wouldn't buy one if I could afford it. In a nutshell, for me the design is polarizing. I just can't embrace it overall.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
They're not allowed to change how this car looks, remember how much people freaked out when the "fried egg" 996 came out? They're still the lowest resale value 911's you can buy to this day all because it has headlights from a boxster.

The other part of that is the IMS bearing that explodes, taking the engine with it.

...because a sealed, non greasable bearing sitting in engine oil is a smart design.

Luckily you can fix it, but still.

AzDropTop

Established Member
They have, and do. Failure rate for the M96 has been quoted at around 10%. Doesn't matter how it's driven, though lesser driven cars seem to fail more often.
They have and do fail, but 10% is a random number not backed up by any real statistics. I have an 02 and it is a great car. Had mine replaced at 113,000 miles and it was still is good condition. Definitely a poor Design on Porsche's part however. As for the new design I like all of it but the rear...especially the 3rd brake light.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
991 ftw.

Also, yeah, Porsche can't do much with the 911 design. Hell, I'm not even sure the company has openly stated that the RSR is mid engine, it's just 'known'.

Users who are viewing this thread