Spy Shots: 2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Caught Undisguised

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

Ford Ranger

Here’s a first look at the ’24 Ford Ranger Lariat completely undisguised.

Ford officially debuted the next-gen Ranger last February, but only showed the EU and Global trims. It was crickets when it came to the U.S. market other than a guarantee from Jim Farley that the Ranger (and Raptor) would be on sale sometime in 2023.

Looking at these shots, the U.S. Ranger will be nearly identical to the Global Ranger. The only visible exterior differences are a sliding rear window, a high-mount brake light and a backup camera. Originally, it was thought that the U.S. Ranger would get an exclusive front end (due to camo’d prototypes after the international debut), but that won’t be the case.

Powertrain options are expected to remain the same, but with the addition of a hybrid option (we’re hearing PHEV) sometime in the future.

Expect an official debut for the U.S. Ranger in the coming months.

Ranger

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Hard to see a Tremor front end and then see that one.

Maybe if that bar was paint matched it'll look better. At least the rear taillights aren't 5 ft tall anymore.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
From SEMA:

Ford Ranger

Here’s a first look at the ’24 Ford Ranger Lariat completely undisguised.

Ford officially debuted the next-gen Ranger last February, but only showed the EU and Global trims. It was crickets when it came to the U.S. market other than a guarantee from Jim Farley that the Ranger (and Raptor) would be on sale sometime in 2023.

Looking at these shots, the U.S. Ranger will be nearly identical to the Global Ranger. The only visible exterior differences are a sliding rear window, a high-mount brake light and a backup camera. Originally, it was thought that the U.S. Ranger would get an exclusive front end (due to camo’d prototypes after the international debut), but that won’t be the case.

Powertrain options are expected to remain the same, but with the addition of a hybrid option (we’re hearing PHEV) sometime in the future.

Expect an official debut for the U.S. Ranger in the coming months.

Ranger
The first word that comes to mind is:

Underwhelming.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
The jacked up rearend always steered me away from both the ranger and the gm twins. Is that a plastic bumper?

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Due to price, Santa Cruz and Maverick are still on the top of my list when my daily dies. I just need something with a bed to throw crap behind. I cant risk gas cans spilling in a car.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Interesting. I rather like the looks of the Ranger Raptor but this version is just....bleh. The new Chevrolet Colorado has a bolder look IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread