Squeeling under the hood!!

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Yesterday I noticed that there is a squeeling noise under my hood i'm almost certain that it has something to do with the belts. I had UD pulleys installed a little over a week ago. The noise does change with engine RPM. Has anyone had this problem? Maybe I need to get the belt replaced or re-torque the crank pulley. Damn!!!

Grim's Reaper

NEXT.....................
Established Member
Luckily I haven't experienced that problem when my Steeda U/P were installed. It may be worth your while to start with the crank pulley and see if you can snug that baby up a bit more.
Just my 2 cents....:thumbsup:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Check the Alternator pulley. It is the toughest on to snug up. You almost need an impact wrench to get it right. It's just hard to hold a pulley you're trying to tighten a bolt against, with a shaft that wants to spin. ;-)

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Let the cat out. ;-)
Who me??;-)

I'll let the cat out after we get finished.

FWIW 8.64 @ 82.25 & 13.405 @ 102 was with 3:73's Steeda pullies & TA, Densecharger on stock tires. Which in my opinion caused my biggest problem on the 2 & 3 shift. Spun both kinda hard. 13.30's weren't out of the question for the way it was. My plan now is to use the power I have more efficiently.

Users who are viewing this thread