SRT-4 tries, SRT-4 loses. 03 Cobra takes the crown.

myfault

Banned
Originally posted by stevenscamaross
Sorry bud. A bolt on cammed z06's will run in the 11's with a decent driver. What's the fastest time an srt-4 has ran yet...

11.20 @ 128 on stock engine/internals/no weight reduction/no n20/stock suspension
next....... :rolling:

but this was another guy from houston, his srt4 isnt that fast

Last edited:

Cal

Established Member
Originally posted by myfault
11.20 @ 128 on stock engine/internals/no weight reduction/no n20/stock suspension
next....... :rolling:

That was 500hp. Then the block went.

Takes 500hp for it to run 11's.

myfault

Banned
actually it doesnt even take 400.
you were close though............ <scratches head>
*but you guys keep talking about something you know nothing about. its fun :rockon:

Cal

Established Member

myfault

Banned
you said "takes 500 hp for it to run 11's"
i was assuming you were talking about the particular make/model car we were discussing... the dodge neon srt4. i guess i was wrong :(

Cal

Established Member
you said "takes 500 hp for it to run 11's"
i was assuming you were talking about the particular make/model car we were discussing... the dodge neon srt4. i guess i was wrong :(

I was taking about the SRT4. Did I post the wrong link or are we having some sort of miscommunication here? lol

myfault

Banned
i was speaking of another srt4 here in houston and only brought up steve anderson (540 whp srt4) because someone asked what the fastest time to date was.
a guy named "tiny" on the srtforums ran 11's with the least whp, i think like 350 or 360. but he only trapped 112 where as steve anderson used to trap ~130

Uhprentis

Originally posted by Randall
I was looking at the sub 11 second SRT-4's in NHRA's Sport Compact Class, these are in no way, shape or form streetable vehicles....

There's one I see often, not 10 miles away from me, that runs fine as an everyday driver. He goes by the name of Tiny on SRTForums.com About 4 mos. ago he ran the 1/4 @ 11.99 exactly. Psi-Fi motorsports in ATCO is advertising a Turbo Kit that gives approximately 400/400 WHP/WTP and specifically advertises it as being meant to be totally streetable. This is the kit he uses. My future plans are to do the same. $3600.00 to go from 230/250 to somewhere close to 400/400 and still be streetable. A no brainer for me once I have cash. Tiny gets around 22-25 MPG as well, so no significant drop there either.

Randall

Established Member
Originally posted by Uhprentis
There's one I see often, not 10 miles away from me, that runs fine as an everyday driver. He goes by the name of Tiny on SRTForums.com About 4 mos. ago he ran the 1/4 @ 11.99 exactly. Psi-Fi motorsports in ATCO is advertising a Turbo Kit that gives approximately 400/400 WHP/WTP and specifically advertises it as being meant to be totally streetable. This is the kit he uses. My future plans are to do the same. $3600.00 to go from 230/250 to somewhere close to 400/400 and still be streetable. A no brainer for me once I have cash. Tiny gets around 22-25 MPG as well, so no significant drop there either.

Holy sheeit! :bowdown:

And I get 12 MPG........

1 BLOWN V8

Established Member
it would take far more than stage 2 for an srt4 to even hang with a STOCK cobra.... stage 3 is not/wont be out for who knows how long.
So tell me which is the daily driver the 03-cobra or the srt4? So what do you think of both of them? Didn't they also put the same motor in the pt-cruzer? Ken

StevesSRT

Established Member
it would take far more than stage 2 for an srt4 to even hang with a STOCK cobra.... stage 3 is not/wont be out for who knows how long.

I can hang, if not beat a "stock" '03 Cobra even with out stage 2. Still on stock turbo with no juice.

My personal opinion of stage two is its a waste of money.

Steve B.

PS, I forgot to say nice kill on the SRT. I would like to run a KB Cobra sometime. (Yes, we know what the outcome would be. But it would still be fun)

Last edited:

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
Bah, damn thread hijackers. :)

Originally posted by FSSNK
How often do you go out to Bithlo?

alot more often now that i just got thrown in jail under FL's new 316.191 "street racing" statute on sunday. and i wasn't even racing.

honestly though, i HATE that track. if it weren't the only one around i would never even speak of it. NO prep, too many ricers and newbies driving through the water box, and assholes running that track. it just plain sucks.

we're gonna be going to bradenton early or mid-june, hopefully.

Originally posted by corysmach1
Nice kill how does the 440whp SRT-4 run?

FAST. he hung with a 700rwhp SN95 5.0 stang (albeit a few cars behind due to the turbo lag, but after it kicked in neither was pulling on each other).

myfault

Banned
Originally posted by StevesSRT
I can hang, if not beat a "stock" '03 Cobra even with out stage 2. Still on stock turbo with no juice

thats a little hard to swallow. well, if the cobra was well driven that is....
*i think if you max the stock turbo out, without nitrous, on race gas, and drag radials or slicks, a stock turbo no spray srt4 'could' give a stock 03 cobra on stock tires a good run for its money.

Last edited:

StevesSRT

Established Member
You could say mine is "maxed out". In 80+temps with 90% humidity, we were running 8.0's at 87mph last Friday. (Should be around 12.5 1/4) I have to admit though, I may have used slicks!!!

It's all good though!!! On DR's, traction was to much of an issue. 8.2's at 88-89mph.

Steve B.

1 BLOWN V8

Established Member
Originally posted by 1 BLOWN V8
So tell me which is the daily driver the 03-cobra or the srt4? So what do you think of both of them? Didn't they also put the same motor in the pt-cruzer? Ken

myfault

Banned
Originally posted by 1 BLOWN V8

the srt4 is my daily driver. its a lot more fun than the cobra because of the "you got owned by a neon" factor :) yes its the same motor from the pt cruiser with a couple differences (that im not sure of, im not familiar with the pt)
i trap 106-108 in it (before cat removal and CAI) so i can take most cars i run up against on the street ie: stock ls1's, n/a cobra's, gt's and so forth... so its a blast to drive. i know there are tons of faster cars, but im just talking about on my way to and from work everyday and stuff.

*i just got new tires on the cobra and i had forgotten how it feels to hit it from a first gear roll and hook. it is a great feeling. so now the modding of the cobra begins.....
i had kind of forgotten about it with the srt4 on my mind :)

Last edited:

1 BLOWN V8

Established Member
the srt4 is my daily driver. its a lot more fun than the cobra because of the "you got owned by a neon" factor :) yes its the same motor from the pt cruiser with a couple differences (that im not sure of, im not familiar with the pt)
i trap 106-108 in it (before cat removal and CAI) so i can take most cars i run up against on the street ie: stock ls1's, n/a cobra's, gt's and so forth... so its a blast to drive. i know there are tons of faster cars, but im just talking about on my way to and from work everyday and stuff.

*i just got new tires on the cobra and i had forgotten how it feels to hit it from a first gear roll and hook. it is a great feeling. so now the modding of the cobra begins.....
i had kind of forgotten about it with the srt4 on my mind :)

I wouldn't mine at all for that to be the daily driver for work. Why did you go with the SRT4 is it because it is american? Ken

Users who are viewing this thread