SRT-4

JoeJoe

Established Member
Vortech focus

Hey if anyone is interested i have a video of a Vortech'd SVTF running against a na svtf. Pretty good idea of how hard the SC cars pull away ....let me know your email and i'll forward it to anyone interested. I did get them from a guy on Focaljet.

Joe

Oh yeah, I'll take my 03 Mach 1 against against any jrsc svtf anyday........hehe

:rockon:

DaveSVT03

Established Member
the 4.8 was my best time, but I ran it half a dozen times on a different, but cool (60s) nights (oh and I am at sea level too). We have a great piece of flat road near here that I ran 7.1 0-60 in my focus (ram air only). I've seen several articles where the drivers got the same or bettter times out of a stock cobra. It is a few tenths faster than I expected too, but not unheard of.

I wasn't trying to impress anyone, but just thought a reality check about a JRSC focus outrunning any cobra was in order. I love my Focus, but it aint gonna catch any cobras without major $ invested. I do think the SVT Focus is a better car than the Cobra in many ways, so I'm not knocking it.

How about that Ford Racing 5.0 cammer:D I would love to do that if I had the money and keep it a sleeper. That would be FUN:p

Focus rules:rockon: (especialy the curves)

DaveSVT03

Established Member
the 4.8 was my best time, but I ran it half a dozen times on a different, but cool (60s) nights (oh and I am at sea level too). We have a great piece of flat road near here that I ran 7.1 0-60 in my focus (ram air only). I've seen several articles where the drivers got the same or bettter times out of a stock 2001 cobra. It is a few tenths faster than I expected too, but not unheard of.

I wasn't trying to impress anyone, but just thought a reality check about most JRSC foci outrunning a cobra was in order. I love my Focus, but it aint gonna catch any late model stock cobras without major $ invested. I do think the SVT Focus is a better car than the Cobra in many ways, so I'm not knocking it. And you never know until you race.

How about that Ford Racing 5.0 cammer:D I would love to do that if I had the money and keep it a sleeper. That would be FUN:p

Focus rules:rockon: (especially the curves)

PS - Elliot400 - That is fast - I would love to get a JRSC. Any other tricks to get you running that quick?

Paul Vincent

Established Member
From what I've just read on the Neon site, if you buy an SRT-4, you better not go to sell it in the first year or so as it will only bring about 66% of what you bought it for. Other than that, it is quite tempting.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
No tricks to make the JRSC SVT run 14.0. It just took me a while to figure out how to launch. About 1900rpms, and dump the clutch while flooring it. I also took out my front left foglamp so the AEM cold air could get plenty of flow. The first day with the car supercharged, I ran 14.8. So the cool fall air, and improved launching really helped alot. Hoping for a 13.7 with the new pulley, and 13.3 with the ZEX 55hp shot. I haven't had a run with any SRT-4 Neons yet, but I'm sure I will. I just hope they are bone stock!! E-

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Where did you come from?

We own both and I can tell you, for straight line...there is no comparison....BUT. When it comes time to turn, it becomes apparent that the SVTF is much more willing and able. Both are a blast to drive but I perfer the SVTF to the SRT. And I have not had any quality problems with either....

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Venom_Injected said:
your 1 full year late...

Who me, or the other guy? Cause I responded to this thread because he did. But yea, it is a really old thread.

sniderboys23

Sleeper
Established Member
come on guys

any car can be fast if you really care about making it fast. at least none of ya ll started from a slow ass zx2 like me. i have about 180 to the wheels and have a racing set of head and cams on order. it will give me an estimated 58 to the wheels. right now, as is i can pull a srt at a 40 punch to about 65 then he really pulls the shit out of me. that also goes for an svt.they seem the same to me. all of my friends respect my car cause i am trying to make something out of it. and all of them have way faster cars then me like cobras, and gt s

kennym01

Established Member
Test drove the srt-4 today and that car is ridiculous. When it gets into boost it's really quick. I'm seriously considering buying one. I looked at a used 04' with 11k miles on it that I'm trying to buy. Love my SVTF, but the boost is addicting...All I can say is Dodge really did this car right. Pouring money into mods is fine if you have $$$ to burn :burn: but if you want a car right out of the gate that has pretty much everything already there for 21k new or less if you buy used, this car is hard to beat. Not to mention if you really want to do mods how much more power you get just doing minor stuff...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread