SRT-4

fastersrt4

well i jsut got back from houston for the houston meet there were 30 srt-4s there some dyno'd and the highest one was this guy name steve.. who works for turbochargers .com who dyno'd at 450.3whp and 578.6wtq and i got vid of him racing an 03 srt-4 on the high way.. he peels out going 70 and fliys buy the other guy.. just thot id throw in my 2 cents..
<-red 04 srt-4

SITTING_DUCK

Established Member
the 2.4 is a well build motor I think it will run 300FWHP 300 Wtq
for a good 100k miles.. Turbo will go first I'm sure

Primaris

Established Member
Originally posted by SITTING_DUCK
... The car is under powered for what it can handle. Needs a 220+ Superchared/Turbo 2.3l I4 and now the car is set.... FORD needs to do something about this...

Ford did; they threw up the white flag. :uh oh:

fastersrt4

well at the houston mee there were a few guys that had carbon fiber hoods and trunk lids.. the trunk lid had no spoiler so no.. i mean if i could id take it off but it would leave wholes

Sephiroth

Established Member
Originally posted by Infra-Red SVT
I test drove a used '03 with a stage 2 kit. Lots of tire spin. AWD would be very nice for that car.

StageII is not out yet, so you probly drove a stageI.

SITTING_DUCK

Established Member
Quote from the DODGE web site when the had the 03 info on the SRT-4's "the rear wing reduces vibration at high speeds"

SlickFSVT

Established Member
Well I'll tell ya the truth my JRSC SVT Focus can take a 2000 SVT Cobra. I know I have first hand experience.

Originally posted by bullet 1
yes

if you put the VORTEC on the SVTF i think that you would blow the SRT-4 away and maybe eveh beat a COBRA???????/

SITTING_DUCK

Established Member
SlickFSVT
Do you have any 1/8 and 1/4 times yet, if so with what kind of set up? I would like to see a Foci start kicking some A$$.

Few things... Was it wourth it? What problems do/or are you having? Are you glad you went with a SC not a turbo set up? What other mods did you have to do to get the foci to run right (like cutting anything away? adding something else to get optimal performance, things you would have done different and other mods you would have done at the same time), and total cost....please...
Reason I ask is we are going to Turbo a 03 SVTF zx5 in the next few months and we have looked at SC...so what do you think?

Green SVT

Established Member
Well, there was no 00 Cobra. So could you be a little more specific about which model you beat? '98, '99/'01, or '03? Just wondering because barring driver error, all 3 would be faster than a JRSC equipped FSVT.

-R-

SITTING_DUCK

Established Member
Well i know i am not the only one who would like a SVTR COBRA only 300 were made all red and all bad ass... SO Green SVT you stand corrected.. I do not mean this in a mean way, but come on 400HP 400 FTQ all motor no SC, fastest Stang built factory to date. Well in your case Green SVT would be really fast because it was never made (RIGHT)...
The one SVT product i wish I could have would be a SVTR COBRA bad to the bone.
AND SlickFSVT wow you are lucky to have run into one of the 212 registered owners still out there. BUT i think not.

DaveSVT03

Established Member
Originally posted by SlickFSVT
Well I'll tell ya the truth my JRSC SVT Focus can take a 2000 SVT Cobra. I know I have first hand experience.

Must have been a v6 with cobra badges. My stock 01 (forget the 00 cobra reference), ran 0-60 in 4.8 secs bone stock. The SVTF with a lot of work and a JRSC would be lucky to break in to the low 6s or high 5s.

Wait, nevermind - can't believe I got baited into a response.... Sorry....

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
4.8 sounds a little fast for a 2001 being "stock". Maybe with some slicks or some other mods. Most I've seen can run about 13.7-13.9 with a few mods(gears, exhaust, etc). By my reckoning that would yield about a 5.1-5.3sec 0-60. Maybe you were kidding? It's hard to judge tone of "voice" on the net. My JRSC seems to be one of the faster ones I've seen or heard of, at 14.01 at 101mph with street tires. I just don't run with Mustangs, they keep the compacts segregated at my local track. E-

Dino S.

Established Member
Originally posted by elliot400
4.8 sounds a little fast for a 2001 being "stock". Maybe with some slicks or some other mods. Most I've seen can run about 13.7-13.9 with a few mods(gears, exhaust, etc). By my reckoning that would yield about a 5.1-5.3sec 0-60. Maybe you were kidding? It's hard to judge tone of "voice" on the net. My JRSC seems to be one of the faster ones I've seen or heard of, at 14.01 at 101mph with street tires. I just don't run with Mustangs, they keep the compacts segregated at my local track. E-

yeah, 4.8 0-60 is pretty quick, but anything's possible i suppose. You're wrong on the 1/4 mile times. A gears/exhaust/DR 01 Cobra should be running low 13's easy high 12's on a good day.

Users who are viewing this thread