srt 4

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
SRT-4?

No offense intended, but the SRT-4 is no match for a Mach1. Even if it was modded, it would still get slaughtered by the Mach1 with equivalent mods.

Excuse me if I'm wrong here, but I remember thinking "no problem" when reading the specs for the SRT-4. I can't recall what they were. Not that the SRT-4 isn't a fast car in its class, but I think it's going to need mods to compete with a stock Mach1.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Well if you do race one try to pay attention cause I read somewhere someone raced one and even though he beat it they are pretty quick. Other than that I'll kick it's ass!!:rockon:

N20D5OH

Established Member
I raced a modded SRT-4 when my car was bone stock. I put about 5-6 cars on him through 3 gears from a stop. We ran again from a roll and I put about 3 cars on him there too. It was a low 3rd gear roll for me so he actually got out a 1/2 a car to start because I just didn't feel like going into 2nd and shifting to 3rd really fast.

03CrazyHorse

Just a GT with stickers..
Established Member
i havent raced one yet but i plan to ths weekend. as for being fast in their class, i depends on what you think is in their class. the wrx or evo? if so then its definitley not fast

BCM0018

Established Member
If someone can drive them stock they run high 13's so it should be a good race. They will also do over 150 mph. Not a Mustang but still a very quick car.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
We have SRT 4 at my track running low 12's.

Granted its a bigger Turbo from factory upgrades they can get but non the less...its killed some 03 Cobra's and no Mach1's have yet to even come close to its time.

11's at Sea Level for that SRT 4

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
srt-4 vs cobra?

I would like to see how many times that SRT-4 can run 12's before visiting the shop.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Re: srt-4 vs cobra?

Originally posted by wurd2
I would like to see how many times that SRT-4 can run 12's before visiting the shop.

u can...head out to LACR on almost every friday's and see the SRT 4 line up against the domestics (its usually import vs imports)

find that they can take on alot of the stronger motors.

since ur down south ohh about 80+ miles u should head to C-bad. im sure they are invading that spot as well.

SRT 4's have some mean options in upgrades and u can hear who has a big a$$ turbo or not.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
SRT-4

I'm not surprised that the smaller and lighter 4-cylinder cars with monster turbos are running those times. I really wonder how long those small engines can handle the horsepower.

Do you think those engines will ever see the 100,000 mile mark?

I know people put money into the SRT-4 to hang with and sometimes beat stock Cobra's and Mach1's, but the Cobra and Mach1 are a better platform to invest your money into, especially the Cobra. I'm not sure which route would be cheaper, but in the end, the heavily modded Cobra's and Mach1's will bring the slaughter to the heavily modded SRT-4's all day long.

I just don't think we should be comparing the SRT-4's to Cobra's and Mach1's, even if you can pour enough money into the SRT-4 to make it just as fast, or faster. Pour the money into the better platform.

How do the SRT-4's measure up against the STI's and Evo's? I think this is a better comparison.

MACH1PB

Established Member
Re: SRT-4

How do the SRT-4's measure up against the STI's and Evo's? I think this is a better comparison.

i agree, i went to their forums, and not to disrespect the srt fellas here but some of em talk gang of **** on stangs etc...
that just made me curious..

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Re: SRT-4

I'm not surprised that the smaller and lighter 4-cylinder cars with monster turbos are running those times. I really wonder how long those small engines can handle the horsepower.

Do you think those engines will ever see the 100,000 mile mark?

well not sure how well the Daimler Mercedes/Chrysler is with small engines but did u know..... Formula 1 motors are only 3liters and put down upwards if not more then 800RWHP N/A! Displacement is 1 thing....so why didnt FORD go with bigger discplacement such as a 5.8 or with just the 5.4 :shrug:

I know people put money into the SRT-4 to hang with and sometimes beat stock Cobra's and Mach1's, but the Cobra and Mach1 are a better platform to invest your money into, especially the Cobra. I'm not sure which route would be cheaper, but in the end, the heavily modded Cobra's and Mach1's will bring the slaughter to the heavily modded SRT-4's all day long.

well price for price (yes i need to say this cause we say this to the vets) SRT has alot of BANG for the BUCK! a loaded HP SRT would still come less then a Stock Mach1....sorry but up here in high altitude, a few SRT are killing the ALL Mach's and the Cobra's better be pullied and tired UP! or its SRT doing the finishing line 1st....not siding on the SRT side....just explaining what i see on the weekend.

I just don't think we should be comparing the SRT-4's to Cobra's and Mach1's, even if you can pour enough money into the SRT-4 to make it just as fast, or faster. Pour the money into the better platform.

Actually SRT 4's are killing them at LACR (palmdale) I heard of only 1 Evo going into the 11's at Carlsbad.

Last edited:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
SRT-4 vs Mach1 & Cobra

I'll just be honest and admit that I don't know a whole lot about how altitude affects drag racing, but I'm definitely confused as to why Mach1's and Cobra's are all losing to SRT-4's.

Is there some other explanation here?

Are these highly modified SRT-4's vs stock Mach1's and Cobra's? Are any of these Mach1 and Cobra drivers skilled, as compared to the SRT-4 drivers?

This just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm sorry, but stock for stock, the Mach1 and the Cobra will take the SRT-4 under normal conditions. I just have to believe that, someone educate me if I'm wrong. Otherwise, chime in.

I think Ford went with a smaller displacement for fuel efficiency.

Last edited:

03CrazyHorse

Just a GT with stickers..
Established Member
Re: SRT-4 vs Mach1 & Cobra

Are these highly modified SRT-4's vs stock Mach1's and Cobra's? Are any of these Mach1 and Cobra drivers skilled, as compared to the SRT-4 drivers?

agree.

[/B][/QUOTE] I'm sorry, but stock for stock, the Mach1 and the Cobra will take the SRT-4 under normal conditions.[/B][/QUOTE]

agree.

[/B][/QUOTE] I think Ford went with a smaller displacement for fuel efficiency. [/B][/QUOTE]

agree.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Re: SRT-4 vs Mach1 & Cobra

I'll just be honest and admit that I don't know a whole lot about how altitude affects drag racing, but I'm definitely confused as to why Mach1's and Cobra's are all losing to SRT-4's.

Is there some other explanation here?

I'm sorry, but stock for stock, the Mach1 and the Cobra will take the SRT-4 under normal conditions. I just have to believe that, someone educate me if I'm wrong. Otherwise, chime in.

I think Ford went with a smaller displacement for fuel efficiency.

Of course stock for stock a Mach1 will beat a SRT 4. Shit even a stock Z06 will be a stock 03 Cobra. SRT 4's are cheaper then the Mach's and a Mach has to be modded a whole lot to do the times ive seen the SRT 4 lay down. So eventually the Mach ends up being even more expensive. This line is used far to often with out thinking about it.....either way, i wont buy no stinking front wheel drive car for the drag strip :nonono:

The only real reasons that the SRT 4's are winning is cause they are just upgrading to a hugh Turbo...thats all.

From LACR...2710' above sea level to Carlsbad.....200' above sea level the difference in times is about 3 to 4tenths of a sec....dependent on weather and track prep.

Peter

Established Member
Re: Re: SRT-4 vs Mach1 & Cobra

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Of course stock for stock a Mach1 will beat a SRT 4. Shit even a stock Z06 will be a stock 03 Cobra. SRT 4's are cheaper then the Mach's and a Mach has to be modded a whole lot to do the times ive seen the SRT 4 lay down. So eventually the Mach ends up being even more expensive. This line is used far to often with out thinking about it.....either way, i wont buy no stinking front wheel drive car for the drag strip :nonono:

The only real reasons that the SRT 4's are winning is cause they are just upgrading to a hugh Turbo...thats all.

From LACR...2710' above sea level to Carlsbad.....200' above sea level the difference in times is about 3 to 4tenths of a sec....dependent on weather and track prep.

It's not hard to get a Mach1 into the 12's!

Pete:D

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
East Coast is excluded sir Pete :D

Cali Tracks do not compare to East Coast Tracks....plus non of u east coast folks would be able to back up ur runs in SoCal ;)

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
East Coast is excluded sir Pete :D

Cali Tracks do not compare to East Coast Tracks....plus non of u east coast folks would be able to back up ur runs in SoCal ;)

My 12.45 run was backed up with a 12.452 and a 12.55, trackside temp was 85 degrees and there was a headwind. BTW if it's easier on the East Coast SRT 4's aren't gettin it done, not even close!

Pete;-)

Last edited:

O3MACHONE

Established Member
MY best friend has a Srt 4 and he got all the upgrades and he cant touch me them mach drivers must be really bad drivers. I evrn raced his Neon and he beats me in my car and am in his car and has never driven a V-8 in his life.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Peter now sure why they arent.

03MACHONE...well not sure what part of cali ur at, but im sure they woud line up with u, if you were to ask them that you dont believe that they could out run ya.

come on by to LACR on friday nights :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread