srt 4

GregMatty

Established Member
Re: Re: SRT-4

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
well not sure how well the Daimler Mercedes/Chrysler is with small engines but did u know..... Formula 1 motors are only 3liters and put down upwards if not more then 800RWHP N/A! Displacement is 1 thing....so why didnt FORD go with bigger discplacement such as a 5.8 or with just the 5.4 :shrug:

Those engine's produce that kind of power by turning 10,000+ rpm. I am sure the torque rating is not that impressive and around town driveability probably leaves a little to be desired. Still if Ford offered a big enough rebate, I would probably pick one up.

Greg

MachweZo3

Established Member
I have an automatic Mach and I beat a stock SRT. They can beat GT's but they are no match for us Machs! Maybe after a couple grand worth in mods they will be faster but they do look cool and I have a great respect for them

2814v

Established Member
Stock for stock the mach will win, the srt-4 is a neat little car that can be made to be very fast. But it will not last long. Long after the srt-4, evo's, sti and the like have gone the way of the dinosore. The mustang will still be here ruling the streets.

'99Ranger

Established Member
My friend has a '03 SRT-4 with the Mopar stage 2 kit, drag radials, and an exhaust and he is running consistant 12.8's. The '03's didn't have a lsd either so it is kinda traction limited.

Toolman00

I don't care if a modded SRT-4 will beat a stock Mach 1 or Cobra. It may be fast, but it's still a Neon! :loser: Who in their right mine wants to drive a Neon? :nonono:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
thats true toolman00. But my friend at school has a srt-4, lightly modded. and he raced me in my 04 f-150, and i was even with him, and then i pulled him alittle. so if my truck can stay with him, my mach would destroy him??

Toolman00

That's cool you beat your friend with a new F-150. I'm guessing it's a 5.4L V8, but it would be funnier if it were the 4.6. If your F-150 ate him up, the Mach 1 would blow the doors off him. :rockon:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Yea thats what i figured. When he got that thing he talked mad trash about how he could destroy any car out there in our parking lot. But then i beat him in my truck. it was kind of sad actually.

joegt38

Established Member
Srt are a good run for a GT, Ive seen them races many of time and it goes from a GT win to a srt win all the time. The GT will pull off the line and the srt will pull up top. So yes a Mach will kill em.

1sweet00SS

Established Member
Originally posted by machweZ
I have an automatic Mach and I beat a stock SRT. They can beat GT's but they are no match for us Machs! Maybe after a couple grand worth in mods they will be faster but they do look cool and I have a great respect for them

First things first....M5 Mach 1's should walk away from stock SRTs, noooo problem. 100-103 traps vs 104-107 traps, RWD vs FWD.... Mach should win everytime.

But a couple grand? No offense bro, but no way. With my old set-up, I have about a grand in my car...... I run 13.2-13.3 @ 102-104 all day. Deep in Mach 1 range. A SRT with a couple of grand in them can run mid 12s @ 110 all day. It's the 03 Cobra of the compact car class

BTW, thanks for the compliments on the car :) .

Last edited:

1sweet00SS

Established Member
We have SRT 4 at my track running low 12's.

Granted its a bigger Turbo from factory upgrades they can get but non the less...its killed some 03 Cobra's and no Mach1's have yet to even come close to its time.

11's at Sea Level for that SRT 4

Poisonous Mods, I think I know who you are talking about at LACR. He is even faster now. Two weeks ago the owner of the SRT-4 drove from San Bernardino to LACR (200 Mile round trip), slapped on some slicks, and ran 11.41 @ 126 mph :eek: (2600 ft elevation). He then slapped on his street tires and went home.

This weekend he will be at Fontana (about 1400 ft elevation I think) and hopes to be the 1st SRT in the 10s @ 130+.

BTW, he has a full interior, no weight reductions (A/C, power steering, etc....all still working and on the car).

There should be 3 or 4 SRTs in the 12s this Saturday at Fontana. I'm hoping mine will be one of them, because I just added Stage 2. Last weekend I dynoed 265 fwhp and 306 fwt.

Last edited:

Bingo13

Established Member
We have SRT 4 at my track running low 12's.

Granted its a bigger Turbo from factory upgrades they can get but non the less...its killed some 03 Cobra's and no Mach1's have yet to even come close to its time.

11's at Sea Level for that SRT 4

I work with a gentleman that is putting down 385whp with his SRT, you would never know it and his car surprises most people. I have trouble with him until third gear. :eek: I have watched him walk a couple of basic bolt-on Z06s up to 115. A great car for the money and Dodge is fully supportive of the platform unlike our manufacturer. ;-)

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Small Engines, Monster Turbos

I know most will disagree with me here, but I have to point out that the SRT-4's making great horsepower with large turbos are not going to last long. In my opinion (which is questionable!), those tiny engines aren't meant to put out that much horsepower. I believe our naturally aspirated V-8's will out live all of the 4-bangers with large turbos.

What do you guys think?

jpetre

Established Member
I had a run in with an SRT-4 in my Mach 1 when it was stock. A kid at the local wal-mart was talking trash. He told me his girlfriends SRT-4 would walk all over my slow Mach 1. He told me he had a stage 1, and some other stuff. Just remembering thinking what the heck is a stage one Neon? Not sure what he was talking about.

Taking off I had him pretty hard, but he started to catch me till 3rd gear. It kind of scared me but I still won and my car was stock at the time. It was closer then I would like to imagine, but at least he knows his car is not able to 'destroy' most everything on the street.

Nice car, great seats, and a cool sounding exhaust. Not to my kind of car though.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Yeah I got up behind a yellow one yesterday morning. Thought he was gonna pull away. Was not a condusive to racing but I would have smacked his ass.

Fosters

Established Member
Re: Small Engines, Monster Turbos

Originally posted by wurd2
I know most will disagree with me here, but I have to point out that the SRT-4's making great horsepower with large turbos are not going to last long. In my opinion (which is questionable!), those tiny engines aren't meant to put out that much horsepower. I believe our naturally aspirated V-8's will out live all of the 4-bangers with large turbos.

What do you guys think?

just the fact that it's a dodge means it won't make it to 100k miles :p

I've owned a turbo dodge before (daytona) and i really hope they figured their shit out when it comes to turbos cause that car at 78k miles ran worse than my 4 banger mustang at 158k... in fact, i ended up donating that daytona for tax money... no one was gonna give me more than 500 bucks for it... ate more oil than gas it seemed...

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
I don't care how fast the SRT-4 goes, anything that sounds like a margarita mixer will never be given the opportunity to grace my garage.

Paul

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 1sweet00SS
Poisonous Mods, I think I know who you are talking about at LACR. He is even faster now. Two weeks ago the owner of the SRT-4 drove from San Bernardino to LACR (200 Mile round trip), slapped on some slicks, and ran 11.41 @ 126 mph :eek: (2600 ft elevation). He then slapped on his street tires and went home.

This weekend he will be at Fontana (about 1400 ft elevation I think) and hopes to be the 1st SRT in the 10s @ 130+.

BTW, he has a full interior, no weight reductions (A/C, power steering, etc....all still working and on the car).

There should be 3 or 4 SRTs in the 12s this Saturday at Fontana. I'm hoping mine will be one of them, because I just added Stage 2. Last weekend I dynoed 265 fwhp and 306 fwt.

well finally some back up ;)

yeah i see him at LACR all the freaking time. not sure on the 11.4 @ LACR cause Sonic Venums with his 03 Cobra's done that but if the SRT has another upgraded turbo then i will believe it...with some nitrous in with the mix.

Here is the Forums...... http://srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63583

Users who are viewing this thread