srt 4

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Bingo13
I work with a gentleman that is putting down 385whp with his SRT, you would never know it and his car surprises most people. I have trouble with him until third gear. :eek: I have watched him walk a couple of basic bolt-on Z06s up to 115. A great car for the money and Dodge is fully supportive of the platform unlike our manufacturer. ;-)

well we know u know how to drive gary :burnout: :rockon:

but for a midly modded 03 Cobra ( Cai, 2.90rr & ET Street ) at my track isnt enough to keep this one silver srt-4 down. Mod for Mod 03 Cobra will take any SRT-4 :rockon:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Re: Small Engines, Monster Turbos

Originally posted by wurd2
I know most will disagree with me here, but I have to point out that the SRT-4's making great horsepower with large turbos are not going to last long. In my opinion (which is questionable!), those tiny engines aren't meant to put out that much horsepower. I believe our naturally aspirated V-8's will out live all of the 4-bangers with large turbos.

What do you guys think?

dude power is a relative question. any car can go boom! may be it NA or with Turbo, S/C or N02 :shrug:

if the tune aint safe & the driver doesnt beat it up like mad then the motor should last for some time.....granted NA should last much longer then any of the other 3 catagories...IMHO.

1sweet00SS

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
well finally some back up ;)

yeah i see him at LACR all the freaking time. not sure on the 11.4 @ LACR cause Sonic Venums with his 03 Cobra's done that but if the SRT has another upgraded turbo then i will believe it...with some nitrous in with the mix.

Here is the Forums...... http://srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63583

Yea, that's the same guy....

I saw his back to back 11.1s @ 132 :eek: . I believe track elevation at Fontana is 1400 ft.

I (as well as most people at the track) we blown away!!

Again, he has a full interior, no weight reductions (A/C, power steering, etc....all still working and on the car). Unbelievable...

Here is a video of his run....... right click "save target as...":

http://hosting.forcedfedcar.com/pics/srt4/vids/speedway/06-26-2004/Dynoworks-11_12_132.wmv

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
yeah thats the fast mofo :rockon:

wait were u the guy giving all the 03 Cobra ET a hard time on road side or smack down last year :)

u went & got a SRT-4 heh.

1sweet00SS

Established Member
yeah thats the fast mofo :rockon:

wait were u the guy giving all the 03 Cobra ET a hard time on road side or smack down last year :)

u went & got a SRT-4 heh.

Hahaha.... no, that's not me, I would never give you 03 guys a hard time, I love them new Cobras :rockon: .

I use the SRT as my daily beater, and the SS as my weekend toy :burnout:

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 1sweet00SS
Hahaha.... no, that's not me, I would never give you 03 guys a hard time, I love them new Cobras :rockon: .

I use the SRT as my daily beater, and the SS as my weekend toy :burnout:

not a bad choice brotha :beer:

so when u making it to LACR ;-)

1sweet00SS

Established Member
not a bad choice brotha :beer:

so when u making it to LACR ;-)

Hahaha Thank bro :-D . I've truly never been to LACR (1 hr 1/2 drive at least from Ontario area), but would like to check it out one day. BTW, I went to Carlsbad this Saturday and ran 13.3 @ 107 with a 2.17 sixty ft in the SRT. If C-bad properly prepped their track, I'm sure I could see 12s.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 1sweet00SS
Hahaha Thank bro :-D . I've truly never been to LACR (1 hr 1/2 drive at least from Ontario area), but would like to check it out one day. BTW, I went to Carlsbad this Saturday and ran 13.3 @ 107 with a 2.17 sixty ft in the SRT. If C-bad properly prepped their track, I'm sure I could see 12s.

damn thats not bad with that 60's :beer: yeah u would of been for sure & if the weather was cooler who knows how much deeper u could of gone in.

well u know C-bad....cheap a$$ mofo's wont spend a cent for the customers. i hate that place but the only thing attractive is the freaking elevation. :bash:

1sweet00SS

Established Member
damn thats not bad with that 60's :beer: yeah u would of been for sure & if the weather was cooler who knows how much deeper u could of gone in.

well u know C-bad....cheap a$$ mofo's wont spend a cent for the customers. i hate that place but the only thing attractive is the freaking elevation. :bash:

Yea, C-bad is one ghetto track. So sad too, because it could be the best track in So Cal if they did some work to it.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread