SRT 8 Cherokee 0 - Cobra 2

SVT04

Established Member
Had the Cobra out today. Was out on the edge of the city ,open hi-way and beside me was a silver SRT 8 Cherokee. He is running a supercharger you could hear it , I believe it would be some sort of centrifugal. (forgot to ask him :shrug:)

We went from a second gear roll and I jumped a car length and had 3 at the end of 4th and still pulling away fairly hard.

Second run was at about 5 mph in 1st, almost stopped. He jumped half a fender and when I hit second I pulled ahead and by 4th the results were the same as the first run.

We stopped and he said he was surprised, I think he thought he would beat me. He did say he was supercharged and that he was at about 6 or 7 psi. He said he didn't realize the Cobras were so fast.

I do have the quick shifts down pat now though so that helps.
He was cool ,we talked a little and went off , we had fun.

My car 04 Cobra MRT catted H and Magnaflow. K&N and MGW.
18 " Wheels. :burnout:

Last edited:

SVT04

Established Member
So your basically stock Cobra beat a S/C SRT-8 Cherokee?

I see this thread going down hill quickly...

nice kill. he say how much power he was making?

Yes.
We didn't talk for long afterwards so I didn't get full details the Cherokee. His wife said "I guess we have to spend more money". :)

As far as the thread going downhill, it does not matter. I told the truth, no stretching it to make it better. I have no reason to lie. And no reason to try to impress people I don't know. If I would have went down (lost) I would have posted it too. I have been beaten and posted it in the past. :burnout:

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Yes.
We didn't talk for long afterwards so I didn't get full details the Cherokee. His wife said "I guess we have to spend more money". :)

As far as the thread going downhill, it does not matter. I told the truth, no stretching it to make it better. I have no reason to lie. And no reason to try to impress people I don't know. If I would have went down (lost) I would have posted it too. I have been beaten and posted it in the past. :burnout:

I'm sure you're not lying but you know how roadkill gets... :)

tedstriker

Established Member
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Mofo-Prductions-03-cobras-on-spray-SCd-srt-8-jee_157247.htm"]Mofo Prductions-03 cobras on spray S/C'd srt-8 jee - Video[/ame]

MidnightRambler

Established Member
I saw a S/C srt-8 Jeep on Speed Channel's "Pastime" a couple of weeks ago. He was only running around 12.80's, and the Jeep SVT 04 ran obviously had an extra passenger (the wife) so I see nothing unusual at all about his results...

Nice Kill!:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread