SRT owners, Post some Pix!

F8L SNK

Established Member
Skoalman said:
For the record, the 'Viper truck' went 16.1 in the qtr. mile and the driver was complaining about a throttle cable issue. (I thought these rigs were drive-by-wire, but i could be wrong).

Not drive by wire, but I still doubt he was having issues with the throttle cable.

Again, i shouldn't even be posting in this thread because it's about a totally different brand of vehicle.

Here are some pics of my SRT

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

Last edited:

Skoalman

Banned
Ok, so somebody needs to prove something..

So how fast has it gone? (Provide a timeslip for proof).
And why is this still being discussed on an SVT/Ford message board?

This is one of those big budget things, right?
Obviously, (Since you went to the trouble of getting the valve covers engraved).

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Jeep SRT8 with a 100 shot of the giggle juice:

DSC01823.jpg

Bolt ons and they are running mid to high 12's. Stock they run low to mid 13's

F8L SNK

Established Member
Something to prove, that I love fast cars.

How fast has it gone, 11.20 @ 136 on the stock run flats. Don't believe it don't care.
Why on a Ford message board, because it was a thread started stating post pics of your srt!

Big budget thing, all in relativity my man! It is a stock motor twin turbo car. I installed the kit myself. I have a passion for cars and you are going to start in on me for that?

I have been around this board for a while, and some people know me. I have always been into fast cars and shared when asked, don't jump to too many conclusions just because I have a Viper.

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
F8L SNK said:

How fast has it gone, 11.20 @ 136 on the stock run flats. Don't believe it don't care.
Why on a Ford message board, because it was a thread started stating post pics of your srt!

Big budget thing, all in relativity my man! It is a stock motor twin turbo car. I installed the kit myself. I have a passion for cars and you are going to start in on me for that?

I have been around this board for a while, and some people know me. I have always been into fast cars and shared when asked, don't jump to too many conclusions just because I have a Viper.

That is one hell of a Viper, pictures don't lie :thumbsup:

Skoalman

Banned
F8L SNK said:

Ok.
The numbers look reasonable but, here's my real beef about this thread.

The SRT thing has me twisted because if i post say, a Mitsubishi thread in a Nissan forum, i'd would get bashed (And that is EXPECTED). Same thing if one were to post a Chevy thread in a Dodge forum. It's simply vehicles that don't belong.

You're gonna love this:
I work on Porsches, Bmw's, Maseratis and Mercedes high line cars all day long, but i try not to mention them in here because it's an SVT/Ford site, (and i know that going in). I think the only exceptions you will catch me on, are the photo thread and one thread i made because i was pissed off when i broke one of my tools in a $100,000 Mercedes Benz.

If you have been a long time member here and a pure SVT fan, that simply shows i've not been around long enough to know who you are. Not here to start internet wars, (just came here for SVT stuff..).

TXRickC

Established Member
Jersey Vics said:
the SVT scene is quiet right now and I'm bored, so I'm keeping myself busy. --Russ ;)

And SVTOA is working on the "official svt registry" now too.

GLHS837

Established Member
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Actually, though, getting a registry off the ground would be tough, seeing as they dont do standalone batch runs of SRT's, they just roll off like any other trim level. And production numbers are kinda high, compared to SVT stuff, I think.

Figure about 4-6K for each of the SRT-8 variants per year, less for some, more for others.

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
AustinSVT said:
And SVTOA is working on the "official svt registry" now too.

I was under the impression that they did have an official registry from day one.

I mean the things I ask and don't always get from people submitting their cars, SVTOA gets automatically from Ford being the VIN# and BUILD#

Certainly SVTOA would have a much more accurate and complete registry.

Where mine is different is that its mainly about the cars and not about the owners. Thats why I don't have forums on the site, I strictly post pix of cars for people that enjoy looking at them and for those looking for ideas on how to modify their cars. Plus people aren't afraid of Ford voiding their warranty if they submit a mod list for my site. But regardless I support SVTOA and hope it stays around... since there were rumors they were neglecting it a little while ago. I should become a member!

The SRT idea can't be based on the Registry because like was mentioned above they didn't focus on build #'s so much as on bursts of producing high performance vehicles. So SRT owner site listing pictures of cool cars would be most appropriate, and I think thats what I'm doing.

Why are we discussing it on this forum? Why not? There are pix and videos posted of just about any brand. I bleed Ford blue and am very loyal to SVT (and have been for many years) but I do admire other companies efforts on making something great and like I said, SRT has been growing on me.

Thanks for all the pix guys, I appreciate it!

--Russ

Skoalman said:
For the record, the 'Viper truck' went 16.1 in the qtr. mile and the driver was complaining about a throttle cable issue. (I thought these rigs were drive-by-wire, but i could be wrong).

Again, i shouldn't even be posting in this thread because it's about a totally different brand of vehicle.

Nobody is paying $80k for a RAM SRT10. You can easily get them at sticker.

Also, the fact that dude wore a helmet tells you all you need to know about the extent of his driving ability and knowledge. The SRT10 should take a Lightning without too much of a problem, although it's a bit on the fat side.

Also, what idiot said you aren't allowed to discuss other vehicles on this forum?

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
I think its pretty ironic that on the new site I launched I already have every car category represented except for the SRT-4.... go figure, you guys scared them off!

its kinda neat though, I set it up a little differently than you mostly see them advertised using my SVT registry exprience, heh heh... I'll make the site public after I get more content but so far it features the following:

Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6
Chrysler 300C SRT-8
Dodge Magnum SRT-8
Dodge Charger SRT-8
Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super Bee edition
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8
Dodge Viper SRT-10
Dodge Ram SRT-10

still waiting for a brave Neon owner to send me his/her car pix. anyone out there?

--Russ

Users who are viewing this thread