SRT owners, Post some Pix!

illness

Established Member
I think the GC SRTs are bad ass... I'd love to take one out and whoop on those dumb ass TBSS.. but one question.. if the GC is AWD how do u do a burnout like that red one pictured???

2003 Silver

Banned
illness said:
I think the GC SRTs are bad ass... I'd love to take one out and whoop on those dumb ass TBSS.. but one question.. if the GC is AWD how do u do a burnout like that red one pictured???

A couple places sell a module (for lack of a better term) that can get it out of traction control. One or two guys have been able to install some device that allows them to switch between 2 and AWD (not good for track time as you can't get out of the hole...lol).

illness

Established Member
1268Melberger said:
A couple places sell a module (for lack of a better term) that can get it out of traction control. One or two guys have been able to install some device that allows them to switch between 2 and AWD (not good for track time as you can't get out of the hole...lol).
hmmm very interesting..

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
RUthLEss03 said:
matersrt10eh9.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: BWAHAHAHA!!!

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
What a great Viper. Wow.

Skoalman, this is a site for car enthusiasts. Maybe on other forums you'll get flamed for talking about other brands, but not here. We're enthusiasts. You said you haven't been here very long, so that's understandable. Consider yourself educated. We talk about all makes and models here. If you have experience working on other types of cars as you said, don't hide it...talk about it. Mention it when it's relevant. This isn't some sort've Nazi site where you'll be banned for mentioning a Mercedes, Porsche, or whatever else...

And if you're just here for SVT stuff, and still have a problem with non-SVT stuff being posted, then you can just avoid the thread. Simple.

Skoalman

Banned
Duende said:
What a great Viper. Wow.

Skoalman, this is a site for car enthusiasts. Maybe on other forums you'll get flamed for talking about other brands, but not here. We're enthusiasts. You said you haven't been here very long, so that's understandable. Consider yourself educated. We talk about all makes and models here. If you have experience working on other types of cars as you said, don't hide it...talk about it. Mention it when it's relevant. This isn't some sort've Nazi site where you'll be banned for mentioning a Mercedes, Porsche, or whatever else...

And if you're just here for SVT stuff, and still have a problem with non-SVT stuff being posted, then you can just avoid the thread. Simple.

Yea, the Viper is cool and all but the SVT forum here is so narrowly focused.

Thanks for giving me feedback though, wish i could have gotten back to you sooner. I was banned for thirty days after posting a trailer in here for a short film my friend wrote. It was about a bouncer at a strip club that had multiple personalities. This is my first day back on here.

You can check it out on wilddogarts.com, It's called Bounce.
A friend of mine wrote it and i simply did some pro photo work for it.

Anyway, i'm new to the SVT forums but have been street racing since '96, drag racing since '99 and spent 8 months autocrossing in '01, (third in my class for that year). My last two daily driven Hondas went 12.5 @ 110 and 12.7 @ 107 respectively, forums are not new to me either. The narrow window of perspective that i see in other threads here led me to believe that all one discusses in here are the almighty "Terminators" and the disregard of all things foreign, (and non-SVT).

It might be the extreme right-wing, republican rednecks that seem to have made the biggest impression on me here though. Sid even refused to respond to my E-mail that i sent him.

Fourcam330

Established Member
The Jeeps are rated at 420hp, but actually make around 450hp. Mine made 363rw STD (pre exhaust) on a Mustang Dyno with CAI (gains nothing on the dyno but sounds nice) and T-stat. That's through a heavy Mercedes AMG auto, transfer case, two differentials, and heavy ass 20" wheels w/ run flats.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
illness said:

Pull the ABS fuse and unplug the transfer case, or as Mel said, buy the GSM kit.

Red Snake

Established Member
Here's mine. I see there is still alot of misinformation about the Ram SRT-10s out there. :bash: I paid $39K for mine brand new 2 years ago (cost less than that now). It went 13.0 @108 with headers and tune last year (on stock 22" tires). But not for long. It's in the shop getting a big cam, ported heads and roller valve train right now.

Baseline dyno yesterday put down 467 rwhp and 515 ft pounds of torque.

DSCF0459.JPG

Here's a more recent vid of a modded L and modded Ram SRT (bolt on's, still N/A).

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/...action=view&current=Buckee77LKillD300x202.flv

rev440

young punk
Established Member
F8L SNK said:
Here are some pics of my SRT
IMG_0112.jpg

F8L SNK my friend has the same kit on two of his vipers. How do you like it?

Heres the viper thats braking all the standing mile records
ballin.jpg

My friends nitrous car with a 300 shot Nitrous/Propane.
2005_0212viper000711.jpg

2005_0212viper000811.gif

His TT car
2005_0101vipers00091.jpg

2005_0101vipers00021-1.jpg

Last edited:

SFMach1

EAT ME!
Established Member
Jersey Vics said:
Hey thanks Redfire03!

you're right I'm looking into a possibility of launching an SRT equivalent of SVT registry.

--Russ ;)

So do you know what forums you'll buy and how much space and bandwidth you'll need???

sometimes it seems like SVT runs low on bandwidth with all the people that come here and the site lags...

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
thats one thing I'm not going to do... forums!

I'm a car enthusiast and maintaining a site like www.SVTregistry.com or www.SRTowners.com that I just launched allows me to check out pix of cars I wouldn't have come across or meet people that I wouldn't have come across just on the forums or in real life, so its entertaining.

But I got a full time job and a life so I don't want to dedicate myself to babysitting a bunch of older kids on the forums, and I don't want to compete with the existing forums whether for SVT or SRT.

My sites only feature pictures of "real" vehicles that people submit... the SVT registry lists them by build #'s, the SRT site just lists them... its a fun thing to take a look at every once in a while but I don't expect people to come back everyday... I don't add a car daily unless people really promote my sites and everyone jumps on the bandwagon of joining.

for the SRT site I am still trying to get the ball rolling... the SVT site gets a new addition pretty often.

hope that gives you some idea about my philosophy on this

--Russ :)

Users who are viewing this thread