SRT8 to fear We're in TROUBLE

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
Except the Challenger is already gonna cost around $50k+ crazy markups. So when Saleen touches it, expect it to be around $80k+

:dw:Im not sure where your getting your numbers from, but they are way off. SMS is NOT starting with an SRT8, its an R/T hence the 5.7 engine. Those are not going to be near $40k, more in the $33k range.

redline

Established Member
they are selling the srt8 55000. +should be out in the show rooms i believe next week .

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I think the SRT8 Challenger is supposed to have an MSRP less than the GT500. I heard 30,000 a year for all models, so maybe 10,000 SRT8s a year? :??: There probably will be markups, but hopefully nothing too insane. I'm sure some people will be waiting for the 6spd model next year..

The Saleen edition will be very limited so expect crazy mark-ups, I wouldn't be suprised if it ends up costing $70K-$80K just like the KR.

Fourcam330

Established Member
I think the SRT8 Challenger is supposed to have an MSRP less than the GT500. I heard 30,000 a year for all models, so maybe 10,000 SRT8s a year? :??: There probably will be markups, but hopefully nothing too insane. I'm sure some people will be waiting for the 6spd model next year..

The Saleen edition will be very limited so expect crazy mark-ups, I wouldn't be suprised if it ends up costing $70K-$80K just like the KR.

Agreed, though I think most of the auto SRT8s are already sold.

exdeath

Established Member
So time for a 3.70" bore OEM block with a stroker crank.

800 WHP on pump gas with a twin screw in a car that weighs 500 lbs less.

:D

Fourcam330

Established Member
So time for a 3.70" bore OEM block with a stroker crank.

800 WHP on pump gas with a twin screw in a car that weighs 500 lbs less.

:D

I'm assuming you mean with a Modular, that would be a no no as far as durability/longevity are concerned. If you're going to slap a blower/turbo on it there's no reason to compromise the integrity of the stock design for a few more inches since the PA is the ultimate limiting factor in potential power anyway.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
lol at all you guys calling the Challenger a pig. Last I checked, most of us aren't driving 2900 lb Lotus' and 3200 lb Z06's. Hmm....:shrug:

exdeath

Established Member
I think thats WHY they are calling it a pig... we already know our cars are heavy pigs at 3600 lbs, thats exactly WHY 4100 lbs is unfathomable.

redline

Established Member
i believe i seen them on ebay going for that price. 55000. and up .

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
They're not as stout as Modulars unfortunately, though still good for 800hp+. Mopar is releasing a T356 based 6.1 block that can be safely poked/stroked to 440CI. Probably a 3k+ piece though.

There are a couple of LXs making 750rwhp without any trouble. That would put flywheel @ about 900 - 950. Of course people said the Viper engine block could not support a 1000, HAHA try 2000HP.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
agreed...dodge is garbage except for the viper

WOW, this is the single most obsurd statement I have read in a few minutes. The Challenger is not garbage, nor the new Rams, SRT8s, Jeep Wrangler or the minivans (still the best selling regardless of what you think about them). Please lay off the pot.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
WOW, this is the single most obsurd statement I have read in a few minutes. The Challenger is not garbage, nor the new Rams, SRT8s, Jeep Wrangler or the minivans (still the best selling regardless of what you think about them). Please lay off the pot.

Ok buddy, we are talking about performance cars here, NOT best selling mini van. Theres so many other cars i rather have then a SRT8 Charger, Challenger, or Jeep in the same price range (G8 GXP, Vette, Gt500..etc) Why spend 40,000 on a decently loaded Challanger SRT8 when i can go get a LS3 corvette for a similar price. This is why i think Dodge is garbage, EXCEPT for the Viper...and Mini vans
thank you. Please lay off the Dodge Phallus.

Fourcam330

Established Member
There are a couple of LXs making 750rwhp without any trouble. That would put flywheel @ about 900 - 950. Of course people said the Viper engine block could not support a 1000, HAHA try 2000HP.

Yes there are people making more than 800HP however I personally wouldn't try. The mains aren't the strongest on the 5.7/6.1 iron blocks, but that's just MHO. I wouldn't stroke a Modular either fwiw.

Users who are viewing this thread