SRT8 to fear We're in TROUBLE

Fourcam330

Established Member
Dude, there are 426s making 650HP on pump. Just go over to the LXforums and get educated - PLEASE.

That is true, and before someone chimes in and says BFD there are LS7s making 600rw, remember, this is with the stock heads/intake--which were never meant to feed an extra 56CI.
Arrington is making an aftermarket intake and AFR is developing heads. Soon there won't be much difference between a built Hemi/LSx.

85GTVince

Road Racer
Established Member
A few Mustang vs Challenger pics for you....

I was at work today in my '85 Stang and there was a SRT8 Challenger sitting there so I clicked a few pictures of the two cars next to each other.

All I can say is that the Challenger is HUGE! I knew that it weighed a solid 1000lbs more than my Fox, but now it is obvious why!

That said, the Challenger is a nice production car. It is just not what I would spend my money on.

Check out the pics...

Fox_vs_Challenger_60.JPG

Fox_vs_Challenger_62.JPG

Fox_vs_Challenger_67.JPG

Fox_vs_Challenger_72.JPG

Fox_vs_Challenger_73.JPG

---Vince

98NATA

Established Member
Im confused i thought they were just making srt8's in 09 and possibly 2010, so how are they starting with an 09' r/t? And i still think its an ugly ass car.

85GTVince

Road Racer
Established Member
The first cars (now thru July) are all 2008MY SRT8's (with autos).

In July/August they will start the 2009MY with V6, R/T, and SRT8 versions. The SRT8 version will have an optional manual trans.

--Vince

Zan186

Established Member
Ok buddy, we are talking about performance cars here, NOT best selling mini van. Theres so many other cars i rather have then a SRT8 Charger, Challenger, or Jeep in the same price range (G8 GXP, Vette, Gt500..etc) Why spend 40,000 on a decently loaded Challanger SRT8 when i can go get a LS3 corvette for a similar price. This is why i think Dodge is garbage, EXCEPT for the Viper...and Mini vans
thank you. Please lay off the Dodge Phallus.

I have to strongly disagree! I think Mopar vehicles are some of the best vehicle's made. If anything when it comes to reliability I would put Mopar at the top. You are talking performance cars so at the top is the Viper. The viper is a niche product designed for people who want a raw race car. The only other car that compares to it is the Ford GT and even then the Viper is much more raw and powerful down low. The Charger SRT8 is a sporty car but it is closer to a sedan than a sports car. Does it perform well? Sure does. It is faster than a Mustang GT. Granted a GT500 will eat it alive but that is a ramped up mustang and has forced induction. Dodge is smaller than GM and Ford and really cannot afford to compete with a niche that the other two already have a strong foot hold in. Dodge is going to compete at the top with the Viper, which Ford really has nothing in the hopper right now since the Ford GT is gone. GM has the ZR1 Vette at the top. Then you have the next step down which Ford has the GT500, Dodge has the SRT8 Charger and Challenger, and GM will have the Camero.

Ever thing why you can get an LS3 corvette so cheap? Because they are a dime a dozen. GM pumps out so many dam cars that their is nothing speacial anymore about owning one. Everyone and their brother has a Corvette.
The Charger SRT8 is a great car and for those who have a family really can't fit everyone in their Corvette. I almost bought a Charger simply because I have a family and I wanted something sporty to drive. The Viper only holds two so it is really just a toy for me, but hands down it is the most fun vehicle to drive. So I bought a GT500 over the Charger SRT8 simply because I like the Shelby a bit more. Better looks, and a bit more power. Wish it seated 5 instead of 4 though.

stainless40cal

Established Member
WOW, this is the single most obsurd statement I have read in a few minutes. The Challenger is not garbage, nor the new Rams, SRT8s, Jeep Wrangler or the minivans (still the best selling regardless of what you think about them). Please lay off the pot.

Best selling?? They sure are not in my area and there are plenty of reasons why they should not be.

agreed...dodge is garbage except for the viper

Defently.

Dude, there are 426s making 650HP on pump. Just go over to the LXforums and get educated - PLEASE.

What do i need to get educated on? Im on the lx forums all the time please tell me what im missing? Are you talking wheel horse power? I dont think....

There are chevys and fords both making more power with less cubes a 426 making 650hp is not all that impressive its typical if anything with a decent motor.

I have to strongly disagree! I think Mopar vehicles are some of the best vehicle's made. If anything when it comes to reliability I would put Mopar at the top. You are talking performance cars so at the top is the Viper. The viper is a niche product designed for people who want a raw race car. The only other car that compares to it is the Ford GT and even then the Viper is much more raw and powerful down low. The Charger SRT8 is a sporty car but it is closer to a sedan than a sports car. Does it perform well? Sure does. It is faster than a Mustang GT. Granted a GT500 will eat it alive but that is a ramped up mustang and has forced induction. Dodge is smaller than GM and Ford and really cannot afford to compete with a niche that the other two already have a strong foot hold in. Dodge is going to compete at the top with the Viper, which Ford really has nothing in the hopper right now since the Ford GT is gone. GM has the ZR1 Vette at the top. Then you have the next step down which Ford has the GT500, Dodge has the SRT8 Charger and Challenger, and GM will have the Camero.

Ever thing why you can get an LS3 corvette so cheap? Because they are a dime a dozen. GM pumps out so many dam cars that their is nothing speacial anymore about owning one. Everyone and their brother has a Corvette.
The Charger SRT8 is a great car and for those who have a family really can't fit everyone in their Corvette. I almost bought a Charger simply because I have a family and I wanted something sporty to drive. The Viper only holds two so it is really just a toy for me, but hands down it is the most fun vehicle to drive. So I bought a GT500 over the Charger SRT8 simply because I like the Shelby a bit more. Better looks, and a bit more power. Wish it seated 5 instead of 4 though.

The Viper is okay i guess wouldnt buy one but looks to be a decent platform. But mopar the most reliable made????? You have got to be ****ing kidding me....... Have you ever worked on anything mopar besides your viper?? Dodge makes straight garbage and if you have worked on them or seen the designs on half there stuff its obvious they are not at the top. As well as the drivetrain issuies they have had over the years we wont even go there....

Let me get this straight the only car that compares to the viper is the ford gt is what your saying right? I guess the c6z doesnt compare to the viper then? The c6z06 is right up there with the viper if not beyond. When the zr1 comes out it will be flat out ugly for the viper.....

Gm pumps out a lot of cars but there is reasoning behind that dont you think? Because they SELL a TON of cars if they didnt they wouldnt make as many as they do. Even at a dime a dozen an ls3 vette is still a better buy than an overpriced viper in any case.

Last edited:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
A Z06 and Ls3 goin all over for any where between 8k and 12k off sticker as soon as u walk in the dealership only the mopar fans will pay the money for the SRT8. One will think over msrp or under what is the better value and a few new corvette owners will be born. Just like what happened with the gt500 can"t blame them really at all corvette"s are being given away and its a good car for the money.

Deuuuce

Established Member
Ok buddy, we are talking about performance cars here, NOT best selling mini van. Theres so many other cars i rather have then a SRT8 Charger, Challenger, or Jeep in the same price range (G8 GXP, Vette, Gt500..etc) Why spend 40,000 on a decently loaded Challanger SRT8 when i can go get a LS3 corvette for a similar price. This is why i think Dodge is garbage, EXCEPT for the Viper...and Mini vans
thank you. Please lay off the Dodge Phallus.

Hey fanboy, go find another 4 door for for $40k that easily runs low 13s. And throw in an automatic too. And more interior content than a GT500. And a lot faster than a GT. Go get a reality check. You don't have a valid fact to stand on.

Last edited:

Deuuuce

Established Member
A Z06 and Ls3 goin all over for any where between 8k and 12k off sticker as soon as u walk in the dealership only the mopar fans will pay the money for the SRT8. One will think over msrp or under what is the better value and a few new corvette owners will be born. Just like what happened with the gt500 can"t blame them really at all corvette"s are being given away and its a good car for the money.

The guys on the LX forums that announce they paid over sticker usually get an ear-full. Or they just don't publicly announce it. Usually the buyers are smarter than GT500 buyers from that standpoint.

Blue_03_SVT

Established Member
Hey fanboy, go find another 4 door for for $40k that easily runs low 13s. And throw in an automatic too. And more interior content than a GT500. And a lot faster than a GT. Go get a reality check. You don't have a valid fact to stand on.

G8 GT with a good driver....G8 GXP will blow it away, and should come in around 40. Thanks for playin.

Deuuuce

Established Member
G8 GT with a good driver....G8 GXP will blow it away, and should come in around 40. Thanks for playin.

Oh you really are clueless, aren't you? A G8 GT with a tune runs what a stock SRT-8 does on a bad day.

The GXP will be a little heavier and supposedly rated just over 400hp. Blow it away? Hardly. Better off with a used CTS-V and a good driver.

primetime

Established Member

LOL! Dumbest post I read in months. Wow!

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member

G8XP:poke:

Users who are viewing this thread