"SSS" Cat-back for our Cobra's?

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
Anyone here have a SSS cat-back for a IRS cobra? I haven't been able to find any myself other than for a SRA? I would love to hear what they sound like on a Terminator, I've heard them on MACH 1's and they sound awesome.

I called them this morning and they do make them for IRS but are not available for a few weeks. They have 2 different ones, "Terminator" loudest, and the "Adrenaline". They are both very affordable to might I add, $295 for completely polished 304 stainless steel cat-back's.

Anyone here have any experiences with SSS?

:beer:

GodStang

Established Member
I have been talking with one of the guys and he says it is in the plans for 2011 but no idea when. The smallest they say they are making is 3" for the Terminator. I say go to their site and send them a note and if we can get enough people they may make it sooner. I want the setup bad just not sure if I can wait.

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
On another note DarkMach1 is probably the one to talk to on this site about SSS and their sounds.

Here is his setups:

N/A, prochamber and SSS

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WqLcRYVH8o"]YouTube - Mach1 w/ Mac prochamber & SSS catback[/nomedia]

Eaton, Kooks w/ catted X and SSS

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_W55lyJhF0"]YouTube - Eaton Mach1 w/ full exhaust[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDi0MICH7nQ"]YouTube - '04 Mach1 at the track[/nomedia]

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
submitted a request to them. Maybe we can get past the Bassani, JBA, MAC, and Flowmaster offerings to a combination of the best of them all that doesn't cost $800

va boy

Established Member
Checked out their soundboard. There CB sounds pretty dang good. Should sound even better in person and the price is right.
Gonna be following reviews on the Terminator series and see how they rate.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Just got a response to my request, they say they are working on an IRS application.
Exact email:

Hi

We are looking at one. We need to decide on a collector size, possible with 2 versions at the collector using a slip tube.

JB

GodStang

Established Member
Just got a response to my request, they say they are working on an IRS application.
Exact email:

Hi

We are looking at one. We need to decide on a collector size, possible with 2 versions at the collector using a slip tube.

JB

I got this

Hi,
It is a consideration we have looked at, but we are more than a month out.

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
I got this

Hi,
It is a consideration we have looked at, but we are more than a month out.

Recieved the same message last night...Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully we may get one. It would probably help speed things up even more if we could get more huys asking about it. :beer:

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
Here is another message I recieved on the Weekend from SSS exhaust...

My idea is to see about making a system for all of the IRS cars. With this I have the following assumptions/ideas:
1. Most Cobras (IRS) are pushin 450HP or above once they change exhaust. Many more than that with a tune and other small mods.
2. 450HP should be ok with a 3 inch system.
3. I am not looking at making headers, but believe I may have to figure out the issue with Longtubes and shorties. Also in this mix is collector size.
I may look at making an extra slip tube that necks down/up and can be shorter or longer depending on collector size and header length.

Also, with a 3 inch system, I worry about our terminator mufflers being too loud. Most of the time a 2.5 into our terminator mufflers is loud, a 3 inch may be just annoying.

Thanks
JB

So keep asking about them and we'll have one sooner than later!

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
I had their exhaust on my 03 GT a few years back. I loved it, and the price. I would love to have one for the Cobra.

GodStang

Established Member
Someone needs to tell them about this thread and maybe get things rolling. I have cash in hand ready to buy. This is what is holding up my whole build because I am not paying $1K-$1500 for a catback I do not like.

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
I know they made kits for the 99-04 solid rear axle GT's and Mach. I bought a pair of their mufflers and installed them on my 97' Cobra. You may have to splice them into your existing system. Overall they had a great sound, I thought of them as Borla stingers made in China more or less.

Users who are viewing this thread