SSShhh the Bullrun truck is going to the next LVL

FlaHP

Established Member
With my luck I give up on the built motor and start selling my parts off.

Then....

Things fall into place today and it looks like with some help from a local shop things are going to fall in place for at least a built Short block. Trading my 03 Long block from Oil pan to Cam covers for a built SB stock heads oil pan to cam cover using my rods, pistons and arp bolts and me machining the block

So I guess I can let the cat out of the bag. I am the one that bought JJs L&M Diamonds and we are going to use Manley rods. Cobra oil pump going 20 over with a polish cranks and new bearings all ARP bolts and studs.

This takes care of the weak links.
Stock 4 thread heads but it is what it is. I sold my stage 2 cams last week since I had given up on the motor. The whole reason I took my silver truck apart was in case we were going to need that long block which is way to much anyway even with a MP on top.

At least we wont send a rod out the side on TV if they take us.

I will post some pics and get some details when everything is a go and let ya know more about the guys that are helping make this happen

I have a few hours tonight and then off the a bachelor party then wedding on Monday drive 12 hours Tuesday and have the motor on a stand Tuesday night so here we go again.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Best of luck Jason.
Rob has a set of 03 heads for sale. They would be nice with 1mm over valves and some Manley NexTex springs

FlaHP

Established Member
I have some 1 mm oversize manley valves that are barely used for a damn good price.. Just let me know....

I think we are just gonna throw stock heads on it. Just don't have any time or money left.

I sold my cams last week and if this would have happened 2 days faster i would have used them and jumped on the valves.

Thanks for the heads up

FlaHP

Established Member
whats the deadline on the project?

We keep upgrading and working on bugs the more this goes on.

The latest news is they are still in negotiations

My personal deadline was August 1 and we hit it. Took her out for a drive and did some WOT pulls. Now she is completely apart again :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread