St. Louis Help me with SubFrame Connectors - Where to get them welded?

Eric03Cobra

Established Member
Hi guys, I live in Columbia, MO. We have no real performance shops here and no one that has the ability (or so they say) to weld my MM FL Sub Frame connectors to the Cobra.

So I'm willing to drive to St. Louis to have this done. Anyone on here from St. Louis and know where I can go to have this done. I want someone who has experience doing this and has all the right tools (Wire feed mig welder and Wheel lift). Last thing I want to do is take my car to some hack.

Thanks for any feed back you guys can provide.

BLK_03

Established Member
I know Valley Ford in St. Louis does it. If you call, talk to Rick Engh in service. He is the SVT shop foreman there, he will do you right. He is the only guy I know that digs these cars more than me!!!

i8u

Established Member
BLK_03 said:
I know Valley Ford in St. Louis does it. If you call, talk to Rick Engh in service. He is the SVT shop foreman there, he will do you right. He is the only guy I know that digs these cars more than me!!!

I was going to recomend Valley to you as well. Rich Engh is the man but tell him that John digs them more and he knows it.....

dynobobstieg

Eric03Cobra said:
Hi guys, I live in Columbia, MO. We have no real performance shops here and no one that has the ability (or so they say) to weld my MM FL Sub Frame connectors to the Cobra.

So I'm willing to drive to St. Louis to have this done. Anyone on here from St. Louis and know where I can go to have this done. I want someone who has experience doing this and has all the right tools (Wire feed mig welder and Wheel lift). Last thing I want to do is take my car to some hack.

Thanks for any feed back you guys can provide.

We can do that for you. Give us a call!
Stiegemeier :burnout:
636-949-2275
www.stiegemeier.com

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Check with a local muffler shop in Columbia with a good rep. They will have the welding equipment. the lift, and sure should have the experience necessary to weld subframe connectors. It's not that difficult a weld...

Fuerza

Established Member
Stiegemeier said:
We can do that for you. Give us a call!
Stiegemeier :burnout:
636-949-2275
www.stiegemeier.com

Thats cool there is a good shop in Missiouri, I'm moving there in April. I hope to be doing some business with Stiegemeier in the future.

:beer:

Eric03Cobra

Established Member
Guys
Thanks for the replies. I actually had them welded in back in March. Only problem is I didn't watch them do it and didn't notice for sometime that they didn't stich weld the entire thing. They just welded around the tab areas. Needless to say, I need more time in my life. I need to get back by there and have it finished correctly.
The car feels much more solid even with just the tabs being welded. Talked to MM and they said that the stich welding needs to be done to fully take advantage of the SFCs.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Now that could be difficult to keep from overheating things and warping the subframe in spots. I would definitely want someone experienced for all that welding. Make sure they move from side to side, spot to spot to keep the temps down.

Users who are viewing this thread