St motorsports vs ret

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
At GTR we can hook you up with a kurgan tune, check him out. Im happy with my car, makes big power and is safe too. The guy knows his shit really well, look him up, Bob kurgan at kurgan motorsports.

racebronco2

Established Member
They are both good tuners. I have recomended both depending on where people live and what handheld device they have. Greg (ret)schedules vehicle better and doesn't tune with diablosport. Adam (st motorsports) uses sct and diablosport. It seems like he doesn't schedule very well and the few times i was there he is always behind. Things were better when he had a shop manager.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Greg at RET is highly regarded, don't know much about ST. I would also consider Steve at Powertrain Dynamics in Huntington Beach for Tuning. He now tunes with Predator, and SCT....Good choices here in S. Ca.

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
They are both good tuners. I have recomended both depending on where people live and what handheld device they have. Greg (ret)schedules vehicle better and doesn't tune with diablosport. Adam (st motorsports) uses sct and diablosport. It seems like he doesn't schedule very well and the few times i was there he is always behind. Things were better when he had a shop manager.

Why doesn't he tune with Diablosport too?

99MystiC

Established Member
RET hands down. He will get you in the AM and then youll still make lunch with whoever.

There is a guy on another forum goes by "Gabe" ask him what happened to his car. His FIRST choice was RET. Second choice wasnt good. Ill leave it at that.

zuritausmc

Established Member
I've had both. No problems with either. Adam was a little more friendlier. But there were several times I was at my appointment early and sat there all day but I liked how he went with me and drove the car, datalogged and made changes as necessary. Ret did not. I think you'd be happy with either

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
RET was given the best reviews so I fawks with them lol. If I lived in the IE then GTR would be my one and only choice. K.J. Jones, one of the editors from 5.0 Mustangs and super fords usually use GTR for tech articles:banana:

cbr repsol

Established Member
for what im building im serious about flying 04sleeper to tune my next beast.
I should crack 900-1000 rwhp with the combo i have in the works.

I do know adam at st is hard to get into but he really spends a lot of time with peoples cars.

Ironhand

Banned
for what im building im serious about flying 04sleeper to tune my next beast.
I should crack 900-1000 rwhp with the combo i have in the works.

I do know adam at st is hard to get into but he really spends a lot of time with peoples cars.

Stop stealing ideas kid... lol

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
RET was given the best reviews so I fawks with them lol. If I lived in the IE then GTR would be my one and only choice. K.J. Jones, one of the editors from 5.0 Mustangs and super fords usually use GTR for tech articles:banana:

Theres a reason why we are in 5.0 mag. But yes location plays a big part tho i must say but we do get customers from all over including bakersfield, LA, Sandiego, and even out of state customers.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
thanks for the props bro! Ill be seeing you guys in about a month for the next session

No problem bob, the cars are running great, every time youve tuned a customers car from our shop theyve had nothing but great things to say about it, the power, realiability, and drivability they are super happy with. And what you did with jeremy's car last time we dynoed it, WOW! Its pretty amazing to see that even those big 700-800 whp cars you tuned last time drive like a stock mustang in terms of drivability especially the foxbodys, its not everyday you see something like that! Cant wait to see some more cars next session especially jeremy's new setup with the new cam and YSI. See you next month.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread