Read post 19 again
and
again
and
again

I just don't wanna see people make the wrong mistake.....damn me for caring

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
If bob is going to be out there it's a no brainer... I know Steve Petty does tuning aside from his normal race car tuning duties. He would be my first pick (even over bob) but be ready to pay.. But like I said if bob is in town and you don't use him it's nobody's fault but your own.

SVECobraR

Established Member
Steve at powertrain is very good also, as stated above. His scheduling is alot better than RET's and he spends alot of time with your car.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Like my man said in the earlier post

Bob doesn't get bad reviews

Bob races professionally and his rep. is on the line with every tune, so quality tuning is a must for for him. He also provides tech support on many forums. "Who do you know that does that"

I don't fault anyone for going else where, cause maybe that's all they're used to........,but if you want your car done right; check him out.

I've heard and seen the horror stories from these so called tuners in Ca.:burn:......Hell my buddies car sat RET for 6 months and was told it could never be tuned due to the cam and heads.......Bob tuned in an hour and it get 22 mpg and has over 600 plus ponies to the pavement. Now he's going back looking for 8xx

GTR is basically telling you Bob is the man F.E.E:fm:

Do it right bro! go see Bob

Well put and true, its a no brainer! :thumbsup:

Dont miss your opportunity, even if you cant make it that weekend GTR can still hook you up with Bob's dyno tuning services anytime.

If you have any questions hit up me or jeremy or bob himself or call GTR at 909-987-4386.

wallie40

Established Member
I've tuned with all the above, ST, PowerTrain and RET. We all have bad experiences with tuners. They dont know the condition of the car, some tuners dont want to spend the time... blah.. blah..

For me i wouldn't let anyone else but adam touch my car. He has tuned both of my cobras and my z06. He has built all of the engines in them and i have zero issues.

My advice, find a tuner, stick with them and work it out. Swapping back and fourth it expensive and painful.

my .02

-Paul

jake01cobra

Established Member
I've tuned with all the above, ST, PowerTrain and RET. We all have bad experiences with tuners. They dont know the condition of the car, some tuners dont want to spend the time... blah.. blah..

For me i wouldn't let anyone else but adam touch my car.
He has tuned both of my cobras and my z06. He has built all of the engines in them and i have zero issues.

My advice, find a tuner, stick with them and work it out. Swapping back and fourth it expensive and painful.

my .02

-Paul

+1:beer:

After I got my tune, I've had NO issues with my tune or drive-ability.... Adam & the rest of the ST crew have helped me reach my horsepower goals and I know that when my car leaves the shop, it's at 100%....
:rockon:

04cobra13

Established Member
If i could do it over i would have went with a GTR Krugen tune instead of RET only for the fact that he didnt even offer to take responsibility and replace my motor that blew up off his tune when he was the only person to touch my Cobra from when it was stock till it was built with the whipple..

jessie jaramill

Established Member
if my cobra motor ready I might hit up gtr..they are cool peeps..I want to go e85 on my eaton..I always wonder why people from east coast seem to have faster cars than west coast..and no its not just from 91 octane vs 93 octane ... Hummmm?

Fiveliterfox

Established Member
if my cobra motor ready I might hit up gtr..they are cool peeps..I want to go e85 on my eaton..I always wonder why people from east coast seem to have faster cars than west coast..and no its not just from 91 octane vs 93 octane ... Hummmm?

Kurgan loves e85. He can tune with it just as good as anything else. I'm telling you guys, google Bob Kurgan. You won't hear ONE bad experience with him.

I'll tell you why the mid west and east coast guys tune better. Experience. Bob tunes 800 - 1000 rwhp cars DAILY. He tunes literally over a 100 cars a year and has tuned 100's if not 1000's over his career. Those guys don't **** around back east. Some serious stuff there.

mghoward74

Established Member
How many CA tuners can honestly say they tune 800 plus horsepower cars constantly on a consistent basis, and all the cars drive like stock....

How about this......get in touch with Don Lasota ( the author of Pro Racers Package and author of SCT manual, etc....) And let him tell you about Bob Kurgan

:banana:

I care to damn much to let you guys make the wrong decision this time

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Kurgan loves e85. He can tune with it just as good as anything else. I'm telling you guys, google Bob Kurgan. You won't hear ONE bad experience with him.

I'll tell you why the mid west and east coast guys tune better. Experience. Bob tunes 800 - 1000 rwhp cars DAILY. He tunes literally over a 100 cars a year and has tuned 100's if not 1000's over his career. Those guys don't **** around back east. Some serious stuff there.

What he said :thumbsup:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
How many CA tuners can honestly say they tune 800 plus horsepower cars constantly on a consistent basis, and all the cars drive like stock....

How about this......get in touch with Don Lasota ( the author of Pro Racers Package and author of SCT manual, etc....) And let him tell you about Bob Kurgan

:banana:

I care to damn much to let you guys make the wrong decision this time

Exactly :thumbsup:

jessie jaramill

Established Member
Fiveliterfox ..ive noticed eastcoast don't truck around lol..there cars faster than westcoast....if my cobra ready I can't wait ...I want my sticker that says I got tuned by bob kurgan lol.. I did look him up he is really good ..no bad things at all ..that's rare

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member
Hmmm, u guys r really making me think about this Bob Kurgan. Lol
Hopefully I can have my Kenne Bell installed and ready when he's down here. All weigh all my options though. :beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Fiveliterfox ..ive noticed eastcoast don't truck around lol..there cars faster than westcoast....if my cobra ready I can't wait ...I want my sticker that says I got tuned by bob kurgan lol.. I did look him up he is really good ..no bad things at all ..that's rare

You realize that the reason East Coast cars make more Power than West Coast cars is due to octane in the fuel..

CA probably has the worse gas in the US. 91 piss octane you can't really run more than 17psi and 17 degrees of timing safely imo hell I wouldn't run more than 15 to be honest. Then you got amazing 93 which is really good quality not a ton of additives like CA makes gas refinerys do, people can run 18-19psi and 17-18degrees of timing somewhat safely on 93.. So yea Octane has a lot to do with it. Not to mention some east coast tuners will tune 20psi on 93 and think it's safe.. Some cars last some don't..

Last edited:

Fiveliterfox

Established Member

I'm glad you researched him. I'm telling you, he does not break sh#t or blow up your car. I'd be willing to bet that anyone who brought an ST, RET, Swanson or Powertrain Dynamics tuned car will pick up power AND drivability. Trust me, I get nothing by promoting his name. However, I took my car to one of the above shops last year and it blew up on the dyno, while getting tuned! Broke 4 pistons, blew both head gaskets. Won't go that route ever again. Bob jumped on it for an hour and the car drives amazing with probably the most rwhp of any 347/ Si trim car in So Cal.

Bob's also sponsored by Vortech and has a very competitive 7 second Mustang that takes 1st place in its class consistently. He tunes that too. Lol.

An interesting fact... I've spoken to multiple tuners in So Cal. When I mention certain combos, they either freak out, say they can't tune it, or have no idea what it is. I mentioned a SNeec, to two different tuners. A SNeec allows you to data log a Fox body computer, which is otherwise impossible. Tuning without data logging is like tuning blindfolded, you are just guessing. These "top" tuners had no idea what a SNeec was!! That scares me. Bob knows the ins and out of ALL the systems, stand alones, computers etc, etc... Most knowledgeable guy I've ever talked to about tuning. He even calls me up on my cell phone from Georgia on his time to help out with my car and make sure it's running right. Won't get that from 99% of tuners out there.

Again, I don't get paid for saying Bob is a great tuner. But I hate seeing people get shi##y tunes and blown engines. I've been there and taking your car home on a tow truck after a dyno tune flat out sucks.

Last edited:

Jose Chavez

Progress
Established Member
SVT BLACKOUT,

Contact both companies first and Speak with both owners about your project and goals. Decide who you would like to work with and good luck with your build.

I've been working with Adam at ST MOTORSPORTS for over 2yrs and have been very happy with our turn key build.

We just picked up our build from ST Motorsports a few weeks ago:

Footage here : ST Motorsports Dyno Tunes The Maximum Motorsports Drag Car - StangFreak, Stang Freaks, Mustang Forums, Mustang News, Mustang Clubs

Thanks,

racebronco2

Established Member
I bet alot of the issues with the socal tuners could be attributed to mechanical failures, octane consistency, poor maintainance and of course the charging issues. How many posts here do you hear about that the car was having charging issues that the owner didn't know about til they went on the dyno. Can we really blame any tuner for a blown engine when it's the alternator. I know more then a couple of friends that don't have any gauges in their cars. The first gauge i had was an a/f gauge. If the alternator starts going out the a/f will show a lean condition.

mghoward74

Established Member
I bet alot of the issues with the socal tuners could be attributed to mechanical failures, octane consistency, poor maintainance and of course the charging issues. How many posts here do you hear about that the car was having charging issues that the owner didn't know about til they went on the dyno. Can we really blame any tuner for a blown engine when it's the alternator. I know more then a couple of friends that don't have any gauges in their cars. The first gauge i had was an a/f gauge. If the alternator starts going out the a/f will show a lean condition.

so this only happens in SoCal.

All tuners deal with pretty much the same issues concerning cars that aren't mechanically sound.

A good tuner will never detonate your car! That's a fact.

A good tuner will know your car is not mechanically sound in 20-30 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread