St motorsports vs ret

Fiveliterfox

Established Member
so this only happens in SoCal.

All tuners deal with pretty much the same issues concerning cars that aren't mechanically sound.

A good tuner will never detonate your car! That's a fact.

A good tuner will know your car is not mechanically sound in 20-30 minutes

Got to agree with this. Mechanical issues are very common at the dyno. Even last time Bob was here, just about everyone had some issue with incorrectly gapped plugs, bad plug wires, inoperative meth systems, etc...all user error and not Bob's fault. However, Bob recognized each problem asap and knew exactly why the solution was. He was there helping us gap plugs, cutting down waste gate springs on turbo cars etc...to get the job done.

Bob will not continue on a car with a so-so mechanical condition and with ANY risk of causing damage. Every single person who as tuned last year cannot say enough about how well their cars start, idle, cruise around town and of course, tear it up at WOT.

E x p e r i e n c e is the key here. Bob has A LOT of it.

SVT BLACKOUT

THE BATRUCK
Established Member
Got to agree with this. Mechanical issues are very common at the dyno. Even last time Bob was here, just about everyone had some issue with incorrectly gapped plugs, bad plug wires, inoperative meth systems, etc...all user error and not Bob's fault. However, Bob recognized each problem asap and knew exactly why the solution was. He was there helping us gap plugs, cutting down waste gate springs on turbo cars etc...to get the job done.

Bob will not continue on a car with a so-so mechanical condition and with ANY risk of causing damage. Every single person who as tuned last year cannot say enough about how well their cars start, idle, cruise around town and of course, tear it up at WOT.

Wow :read::-D

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member

Haha hell yeah i remember him going through each car after he would start it and notice something wasnt right. Guy is a ****in tuning god lol! The knowledge he was sharing us and the results he was producing numbers wise and drivability was a big reason i went with him to tune my ride.

Not gonna lie but i have been beating the chit outta my ride taking it to the road courses and time attacks and wow this thing is ****in moves and runs good! Im happy with my car and wouldnt let anybody but bob tune it from there on out. And hopefully in the next few months i can get my new setup together so we can make some big powa on e85!

jessie jaramill

Established Member
Wow..he checks the cars out..holly batman..we need to clone him here in socal..lol if my cobra not ready I want to go.see the dynos.. I'm no cheerleader or groupy of any tuner in socal that I won't do..but I do want to.see.whats all this fuzz is about..and let's see the magic lol

Fiveliterfox

Established Member
Well he won't put it on a lift and do a leak down test, but he will make an initial pull or two with timing pulled. Any issues or signs of a problem, he determines what it is and makes sure it gets taken care of.

You are welcome to stop by, but don't be upset when you see the numbers and you don't get your car tuned... :)

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
if my cobra motor ready I might hit up gtr..they are cool peeps..I want to go e85 on my eaton..I always wonder why people from east coast seem to have faster cars than west coast..and no its not just from 91 octane vs 93 octane ... Hummmm?

You realize that the reason East Coast cars make more Power than West Coast cars is due to octane in the fuel..

CA probably has the worse gas in the US. 91 piss octane <snip>

when it comes to track times, da has alot to do with it too. i bet my car would run faster at atco in october, even on 91 octane

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Are you Bob's bf?? Sure seems that way, by the dick sucking you're giving him in this thread :poke:

No it more like spreading the word and helping some members get a real tune that they will be happy with. You dont gotta be a punk just because your scared of kurgans tunes. They are for men not lil boys like yourself.:poke:

jessie jaramill

Established Member
No need to talk shit compa..we talking here like men..we are all men here Ho love cars ...people act like tuners are a pinche gang ..relax ese..no tripas..we just talking here that's all..Que no?

Last edited:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
No need to talk shit compa..we talking here like men..we are all men here Ho love cars ...people act like tuners are a pinche gang ..relax ese..no tripas..we just talking here that's all..Que no?

Exactly were not here to put anybody down, were just trying to help ppl get something really good thats all. Haters are gonna hate but oh well if you have haters than you must be doing something right.

Fiveliterfox

Established Member
Like I said, I don't get paid to promote Bob and I still gotta pay for my tune. And he's not my bf, he lives way too far away. Lmao, that IS a joke everybody.

And also as I said, I've had a pretty bad experience getting a local tune. "driving" my car home on a tow truck. And I won't bash the tuner on here, it is what it is.

Bob has worked his magic on my car, making unreal power and drivability. Just trying to get people really good tunes and spread the word.

For all of those who are hesitant, we will most likely do this again next year. For the guys who are getting tuned, I'm 100% positive they will come back on here and post up their experience and convince the rest to join us in 2013.

Oh, and Chronic Tacos is down the street from GTR. Good sh#t.

mghoward74

Established Member
Are you Bob's bf?? Sure seems that way, by the dick sucking you're giving him in this thread :poke:

WOW! What a well thought out educated response. Nothing positive added, no suggestion, no advice on who to go see.

No detailed experiences to share about your experience with RET.

Would you care to tell us your alternative choice or possibly throw another name in the conversation on who to go see to get their car tuned. Since you dont know Mr. Kurgan or what he can do can you explain why you're spouting out useless non informative expletives.

Anyway good luck

Users who are viewing this thread