St motorsports vs ret

HighPSI

Established Member
So how many motors have you blown up now Chris? Your on your 4th motor correct? 3 of which were fully built.

You messed your motor up Chris, it was not Adams tune. No need to keep making stuff up.

Glad to see you have not blown this motor up YET!

Sup old man Phil?

Oh damn Mole' ventured over to SVTP? lol....

Not too much. You still have the old silver one? Whats the status?

fastferndog

Established Member
Thank you OCSnk, that is correct, Shawn Ellis! Huge Douche Bag, and also you are correct, he does not work for them, but works out of their shop. Car was running fine on the way in, but would stall and hesitate, and claimed it was A HARDWARE ISSUE! Put the tune back to stock and it would run as beforehand. Would not fix his own tune unless I payed him more $$

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Thank you OCSnk, that is correct, Shawn Ellis! Huge Douche Bag, and also you are correct, he does not work for them, but works out of their shop. Car was running fine on the way in, but would stall and hesitate, and claimed it was A HARDWARE ISSUE! Put the tune back to stock and it would run as beforehand. Would not fix his own tune unless I payed him more $$

man my good buddy has the story from hell with that guy lol. held his truck hostage on a farm/ranch? for like 6 months. he practically had to go steal it back. :nonono:

Sleeper GT

Established Member
It can go all different ways. It is just like retail. If you have 1 unhappy customer they will tell 10 friends.

All of the tuners have a skeleton or two in the closet. Some are known some are not.

-Paul

I completely agree. But from the info I've gathered over the years, when my project is done it will be going to ST...:beer:

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
^^^

Probably trying to wash away the shit stain Shawn Ellis left on their name. :kaboom:

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
^^^

Probably trying to wash away the shit stain Shawn Ellis left on their name. :kaboom:

That guy is a P.O.S.:fm:

I got the pleasure of dealing with him first hand. I was 10 minutes late after a 3 hour drive with TWO COBRAS.

I told him my name, and he said "No what you are is late"

In any case, 2 cobras, and he couldnt tune niether one worth the crap. He also got his hands on my friends GT with a MMR Motor and Paxton, damn near runined that car to.

He stood behind the verbage, "Oh every car is different...words words words"

RET did what he was unable to do

"Here if ya wanna read all about it"
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...e-mondays-cars-running-not-so-good-socal.html

Last edited:

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
^^^

NO WAY!?

Superior has a solid rep with old school muscle guys, I hope that dosen't blow up in their face like many engines did with a Shawn Ellis tune.

Shawn Ellis also has a solid rep but for the wrong reasons.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
They use Shawn for Mustangs and some Chrysler cars. Any other mod motors they use another outside vendor for tuning.

All carbureted engines are tuned in-house by the owner and son.

racebronco2

Established Member
:lol::lol::lol: I truly hope so.
Superior Automotive closed down a while ago. They used to build some bad ass machines.

They couldn't build a C6ZO6 without it lasting more then a couple of races.
^^^

It's probably also due to their double billing, inferior parts used when top dollar parts were paid. Parts suppliers wouldn't give them anymore credit. We had to start running around to get parts to finish the several engine builds. Everytime they removed and replaced the engine it was always a different price.

NO WAY!?

Superior has a solid rep with old school muscle guys, I hope that dosen't blow up in their face like many engines did with a Shawn Ellis tune.

Shawn Ellis also has a solid rep but for the wrong reasons.

The last time we were there they held our car for hostige until we came up with the cash on friday at 5pm. We had always paid with a check. The bill was for thousands of dollars. We asked to see the billing and that is when we noticed double billing and questioned them about it. We were told not to come back but we had made up our mind not to come back after this last engine build. The son and the head mechanic apologized for the owner and said that we were their best customer.

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
^^^

That sucks dude. I don't understand why people don't do business the right way?

I had some engine work done there like 9 years ago and the owners wife was a bit of a hard ass but they got the job done.

Users who are viewing this thread