Stable is complete.....

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Well for now anyhow. I posted earlier that I expect my 2021 Bronco order to soon become a 2023 Bronco order and I was looking for another winter DD. Well the test drive of the 2door Wrangler revealed to me that even though they hold value really well, I could never see myself driving one. I considered overpaying seriously for a Base Bronco, but just couldnt do that.

So I bought a car I have long loved and wonder why in the heck I didnt do it sooner. I have owned SVT Contours and Focus' as well as a Speed6 so this is right in the same wheelhouse only on steriods.
Resize 1.JPG
resize 2 (1).JPG
This thing is a freakining hoot to drive and will be a blast here in the WV winters. Lots of pop and burble in the future for me.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Love it. I considered one of these for quite a while. Mind if I ask what kinda deal you got on it. Just wondering how the value is holding up.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Love it. I considered one of these for quite a while. Mind if I ask what kinda deal you got on it. Just wondering how the value is holding up.
It has 32k on it and they are mid to high 30s still. I really think with the number made and the number modded, they will hold value a long time. I hope so for sure.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Well for now anyhow. I posted earlier that I expect my 2021 Bronco order to soon become a 2023 Bronco order and I was looking for another winter DD. Well the test drive of the 2door Wrangler revealed to me that even though they hold value really well, I could never see myself driving one. I considered overpaying seriously for a Base Bronco, but just couldnt do that.

So I bought a car I have long loved and wonder why in the heck I didnt do it sooner. I have owned SVT Contours and Focus' as well as a Speed6 so this is right in the same wheelhouse only on steriods. View attachment 1758556View attachment 1758557This thing is a freakining hoot to drive and will be a blast here in the WV winters. Lots of pop and burble in the future for me.
You beat me to it. The stable is never complete. I'd get another FiST in a heart beat, only because I don't have, nor see me buying a truck. In about one year, my garage will go from Fusion, FiST, and GT350R to GR86, Rubicon, and C8 Corvette. Enjoy the RS!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Those cars are riots.

With a set of PA4's (they may be on PA5s now) they tack on speed at an alarming rate in the snow. It's really unusual if you are used to sliding around in trucks in the snow, because they are freakishly fast.

I remember one of the rally schools got one, lifted it for ground clearance and put rally tires on it. Their purpose built rally subaru couldn't get away from it.

I'm not sure if there is a fix for it, but the under tray used to catch heavy, wet snow and would sag. I remember some companies looking at aluminum options and some guys just ended up laying a piece of CF and some resin in the center of it to give it extra support and the issue was mitigated. Mine never had the problem for what it's worth.

Have fun!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Very different from the Wrangler and Bronco you originally focused on, but you're not new to this size car, so there's no doubt you won't love it as a daily.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Those cars are riots.

With a set of PA4's (they may be on PA5s now) they tack on speed at an alarming rate in the snow. It's really unusual if you are used to sliding around in trucks in the snow, because they are freakishly fast.
You're not wrong. I ran a set of Conti DWS on mine in winter. I could stop in snow and take off somewhat briskly without even breaking traction. Hell...I had to try to get the thing loose. Testament to both the tires and the AWD system I s'pose.

Mine was an FBO car by the time I sold it. If you want pops and burbles to sound like gunshots, the AWE Track Edition cat-back is where it's at. I tried the MBRP setup prior to that. It had a much deeper, mellow sound to it. The pops sounded more like small cannon fire. Muted and more of a "thud" than a bang. This was all done with a CPe catted downpipe.

andymarkv

Established Member
My wife has been DDing hers spring/summer/fall since 2017 and loves it!
The only thing I've done to it is a JBR short shift arm, installed at the mildest setting.
No issues with it other than getting caught up in the initial headgastet fiasco....
I did have to pay for TSB 17-2063 last summer...its just a reflash.
Apparently the exhaust flapper cycles on startup. After some time & miles it might get sticky, set a CEL and won't allow drive modes.
I think the reflash just stops the flap from cycling...or ignores if it fails to cycle.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
That will be my next car, hopefully. Had a ST and miss it.

Any plans for more power? Shifter mods were my favorite thing I did to the ST.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WVTrakPak

Established Member
My wife has been DDing hers spring/summer/fall since 2017 and loves it!
The only thing I've done to it is a JBR short shift arm, installed at the mildest setting.
No issues with it other than getting caught up in the initial headgastet fiasco....
I did have to pay for TSB 17-2063 last summer...its just a reflash.
Apparently the exhaust flapper cycles on startup. After some time & miles it might get sticky, set a CEL and won't allow drive modes.
I think the reflash just stops the flap from cycling...or ignores if it fails to cycle.
I will look into the shifter.

Users who are viewing this thread