Stage 2 WRX - 0, Cobra - eleventy billion (LONG)

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Well, I was driving back from getting the car washed and grabbing a bite to eat, and stopped at a red light, when this blue WRX coupe turns on to the road I'm on (on the other side of the light). He pulls beside a WS6 that was poking along and guns it, and it sounded healthy. Predictably, the girl driving the WS6 didn't bite, so off he goes.

My light turns green, and I shuffle through traffic and ease it up to 70 to catch up. I see him at the light a ways down, so I switch to his lane. Traffic clears a bit, to the point to where there's only one car in front of him at the next light, and I'm right behind him. I'm looking at the car, and I notice his licenese plate "IFRYRICE". I almost pissed myself! GREAT PLATE! :beer: Anyhow, the light goes green, and he shuffles past the car in front of him at about 30 MPH and punches it. I was expecting it, so I never got out of second.

I drop about a half car length before I can safely get around the slower car, and I punch it. 450 horsies jump up from nowhere and slam me forward. Scottie's in the passenger seat going "We can't give her any more Captian!". IMMEDIATELY gain the half length back and proceed to pass him in second (waving as I go by), put it in third at about a half length in front of him, and by the time I wind out third (105 MPH or so), he is about 4 car legths back. I let off and slow down. He comes by at a good clip and I follow.

We get around the few cars that were on the road, and crest the next hill. He slows down a bit, and I get up to his rear fender, then he punches it. He didn't even pull. From a 80 MPH roll, punching it in third gear in the Cobra is like hitting the frigging afterburners. The car LEAPS forward, hood rises, rear squats, 315 Nittos grab on to the ground for dear life, and the can DEVOURS the road. Didn't even have time to look over and wave this time, just waved while keeping my eyes glued to the blurred asphalt. 90,100,105 , Shiftlight hits. Slam in into fourth and dump the clutch while jamming the pedal down. Car jerks a tad and screams forward again 110,120,130 Shiftlight!

I look in the rear view and he is about 10 cars back. I let off, coast down to about 80, and stick it in 6th. The snake has been fed, it's happy.

The WRX follows me for the next 5 miles or so, and then pulls beside me. He goes "That thing is BAD!" :thumbsup: I go "Thanks man" :thumbsup: We pull off and bullshit about the cars for a little while, he tells me that he has stage 2 on the car now. Next thing he has planned is a bigger turbo and FMIC. Never made a SINGLE excuse, just gave mad props and said he loved the way the car sounded as it was flying by :-D I told him I really liked the way his WRX sounded, and I actually wasn't kidding. It really did sound good. I also told him I LOVED his plate, that is CLASSIC!

Anyway, thanks for listening. It was a great run with a cool guy, and made my day. :thumbsup:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Thanks guys :) I love WRX's, they taste like chicken :)

Seriously, I think a WRX is probably the only 4 banger I could ever see myself in. THier little boxer actually sounds pretty good when it isn't hooked up to teh "Fart'O'Matic (TM)"

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
Thanks guys :) I love WRX's, they taste like chicken :)

Seriously, I think a WRX is probably the only 4 banger I could ever see myself in. THier little boxer actually sounds pretty good when it isn't hooked up to teh "Fart'O'Matic (TM)"
I would love to get one too. That or an older awd talon.

03DOHC

Established Member
I had a turbo Eclipse, years ago. Nice little car, but I wouldn't own another, if that tells you anything.
I used to know a guy that had a '92 AWD Talon. That was a fast little car. What didn't you like about yours?

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I used to know a guy that had a '92 AWD Talon. That was a fast little car. What didn't you like about yours?

Eh, lots of things, and nothing in particular (hows that for vague :lol: )

I don't like the sound of the engine, for one. The only other thing I didn't really like was that at 130K miles EVERYTHING broke, all at once. Just wouldn't own another. Don't know if I can be specific, just one of those things :shrug:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
...snip...Seriously, I think a WRX is probably the only 4 banger I could ever see myself in. ...snip...

I'm calling BS on this one, STAGE2-WRX is teh fastest car evah!
No way you killed him eleventy billion, maybe 3 or 4 billion but thats it, now fess up networkingguru!!! :fm:

They are a blast to drive, not quite the torque match to an 03 Cobra though.:coolman:

Mine is 214/220 to the ground which makes for pretty good moving for sucha light AWD car. It's getting all the miles now that it is colder and yucky out. Snake sleeps while rex plays.

I could not see myself without either car.

Last edited:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by postban
I'm calling BS on this one, STAGE2-WRX is teh fastest car evah!
No way you killed him eleventy billion, maybe 3 or 4 billion but thats it, now fess up networkingguru!!! :fm:

They are a blast to drive, not quite the torque match to an 03 Cobra though.:coolman:

Mine is 214/220 to the ground which makes for pretty good moving for sucha light AWD car. It's getting all the miles now that it is colder and yucky out. Snake sleeps while rex plays.

I could not see myself without either car.

:lol:

Yea, it took off pretty good from a stop, when he first turned onto the road. I'm betting he could have held me off for the first 1/8 mile or so from a stop, the car did have some balls to it. But, as you know, a roll is NOT where you want to try and tackle the snake from, unless you have a single turbo supra or something.

Still, I think I was the first 03 he'd tryed. I think he thought it was an 01 or a done-up GT until I blew by him the first time. :-D

All in all though, that's the most fun I've had in a while, and it just makes it 10,000,000 x better when the dude is cool and wants to talk shop afterwards :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread