Stage 4 or 5 Port Job with the stock pulley air intake temp ?

SeankySnake

Established Member
I have a question that I think I know the answer to but just want conformation on. I have 2 stock unported Eatons, T-bodies and plenums and will be sending one of them for a Stage 4 or 5 port and polish job. But I will be keeping the stock pulley on it..yes I know everyone is like why? My theory is by getting the stage 4 or 5 port job and keeping the stock pulley is

#1. No increased blower speed= no additional heat being created.
#2. By opening the area where material is removed the blower will be moving a larger volume of air over the intercooler resulting in a lower air intake temps increasing HP and TQ numbers.

Am I correct?

I'm saving my $$$ to upgrade the whole entire coolant system with...
Gord's Heat Exchanger
LFP or Griffin Radiator
Canton Driverside IC tank
Head Cooling mod
40 Below coolant additive
Meth injection system

I think by adding all of the above cooling mods I should see a decent drop in air intake temps.

What do you think about my theory?:shrug:

Invictus

Banned
Why?

You'll see another 50-85RWHP by just throwing a pulley on it? I don't see a point of porting the blower and just leaving the stock pulley on it.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
You'll make roughly the same power as a basic pullied Eaton with less heat, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

dynobobstieg

That would be a great test take to the dyno and then later switch to an upper I would go with stage 5 or 5+.
Keep us updated very interested!
Stiegemeier

EXTREMELY LOW PRICES WINTER SALE GOING ON NOW PORTING, LOWER MANIFOLD INTAKES, EXTERIOR SHOW POLISHING, BILLETFLOW PULLEY'S PURCHASE WITH INSTALL, UPDATED PORTS, DRAGON TB AND PL PORT/WELDED PURCHASED, ECT.....

KILLER SALE 03/04 COBRA WINTER SALE - Supercharger Q&A, Moderated by Dyno Bob

DON'T BE FOOLED BY CHEAP IMITATIONS

ALL STIEGEMEIER PORTED BLOWERS ARE STAMPED

pictures_for_web_046.JPG

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/553593-steigemeier-port.html

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Stiegemeier Porting authorized Eaton Re-Manufacturer.

StiegeSplash

SeankySnake

Established Member
That would be a great test take to the dyno and then later switch to an upper I would go with stage 5 or 5+.
Keep us updated very interested!
Stiegemeier

EXTREMELY LOW PRICES WINTER SALE GOING ON NOW PORTING, LOWER MANIFOLD INTAKES, EXTERIOR SHOW POLISHING, BILLETFLOW PULLEY'S PURCHASE WITH INSTALL, UPDATED PORTS, DRAGON TB AND PL PORT/WELDED PURCHASED, ECT.....

KILLER SALE 03/04 COBRA WINTER SALE - Supercharger Q&A, Moderated by Dyno Bob

DON'T BE FOOLED BY CHEAP IMITATIONS

ALL STIEGEMEIER PORTED BLOWERS ARE STAMPED

pictures_for_web_046.JPG

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/553593-steigemeier-port.html

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Stiegemeier Porting authorized Eaton Re-Manufacturer.

StiegeSplash

Thanks for the reply. I will be more than happy to share my results when I make this happen. As far as changing the upper, I plan on keeping the stock upper pulley and switching to a Metco interchangeable crank pulley setup to advoid any chanace of belt slippage. I hope to also post the AIT results with the meth injection and see what the real difference is.:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread