Stage 8 Stiege Pulley option

wreckit

Established Member
Really need some input. Stiege sold me on the 2.4 pulley with the stage 8 port on the Eaton.
I was honestly hesitant at first. Smaller pulley = over spinning = more heat + more damages.

I have seen older older post stating the 2.9 with a 4# lower was a sweet spot setup.

Please PLEASE let me know what setup yall think is best/safe to run on these ported blowers.

Also keep in mind my blower is currently at stiege as we speak. :??:

Should be getting a call Monday morning regarding the bill.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I do not recommend that small an upper pulley. That small an upper will increase the risk of pulley slippage. There's a reason why the 2.4" is an anomaly among all of the upper sizes available. Follow Wreckit and Brad's advice and go with the best combo for a ported Eaton. 2.9 and 4 lb. lower. While you could do a 2.76/2.80 and 4 lb. lower, the 2.90 is the sweet spot.

Franco

Established Member
I'm running a 2.4 on my stage seven snake bite no issues. I have a billet flow 100mm idler as well.
Belt occasionally slips but not enough to mention.
My setups is 520 rwhp and 500 torque. I do however plan on replacing all of the idlers soon.

wreckit

Established Member
I'm running a 2.4 on my stage seven snake bite no issues. I have a billet flow 100mm idler as well.
Belt occasionally slips but not enough to mention.
My setups is 520 rwhp and 500 torque. I do however plan on replacing all of the idlers soon.

Thats interesting. Franco, due you have a handheld tuner and a custom dyno tune as well? Also are you running any lower pulley??

I may just run with the 2.4 for a few weeks until i can pay for the 2.90 or 2.80 upper and a 4# lower and an auxiliary idler.

Franco

Established Member
Yes I have a handheld and it was tuned by mustang magic here in ny. I have the whole set up from steg
Ported elbow
Ported tb
Flow matched injectors

I am running a stock lower

I do not use the car for track duty or anything like that so its not like I'm always on it, but from my personal experience the car runs awesome with the setup.

Depending on your plans on I wouldn't shy away from it, but that's my 2 cents

Yes I have a handheld and it was tuned by mustang magic here in ny. I have the whole set up from steg
Ported elbow
Ported tb
Flow matched injectors

I do not use the car for track duty or anything like that so its not like I'm always on it, but from my personal experience the car runs awesome with the setup.

Mustang Magic is still in business?

Franco

Established Member
Yup still going strong, however they have some competition w a new mustang shop here on Long Island called realspeed

wreckit

Established Member
Ported elbow
Ported tb
Flow matched injectors

Yeah, they are doing the throttle body and plenum as well. I plan to send it back in around summer time to get the venom coolers and the rest of the snake bite kit.

I dont really plan on running it at the drag strip. maybe once or twice ti run against my wife lol.
Its going to be a daily driver. Just want a little stealth power under the hood for when a 5.0/camaro/dodge wanna test the cobra.

Franco

Established Member
Yeah, they are doing the throttle body and plenum as well. I plan to send it back in around summer time to get the venom coolers and the rest of the snake bite kit.

I dont really plan on running it at the drag strip. maybe once or twice ti run against my wife lol.
Its going to be a daily driver. Just want a little stealth power under the hood for when a 5.0/camaro/dodge wanna test the cobra.

You should be happy with it. Keep me posted on how it goes

bigmoose

Established Member
I'd skip the snakeoil kit. I had one a while back and it was mostly a gimmick. It's just a regeared snout that creates excessive heat. Just stick with the port and add a 4# lower and 2.93 upper as others have stated.

wreckit

Established Member
I'd skip the snakeoil kit. I had one a while back and it was mostly a gimmick. It's just a regeared snout that creates excessive heat. Just stick with the port and add a 4# lower and 2.93 upper as others have stated.

I may just do that.

Could spend that additional 1000$ on Crower cams or killer chiller:beer:

I Should get the blower back Thursday and install it Saturday morning. Ill keep yall posted with pictures and everything. I really appreciate the Fast help. Really set me at ease!!!

wreckit

Established Member
Never knew that. I do wanna go with a TVS VMP or a whipple. Think the TVS may be a safe route but can still put down a lot of power.

wreckit

Established Member
Finally got the blower back this after noon! Was delayed in transit due to the winter storm, which is understandable.
All the work looked pretty well done. Will post pictures up once i get off in the morning and start reinstalling it.

The rotors inside the eaton seem to be scraping a bit when i was turning the pulley.. is this normal???
before sending it off, I spun the pulley and the rotors did not touch at all... May give them a shout in the morning to see what this is about.

wreckit

Established Member
The craziest thing happen this morning.
open the package an checked all the parts, started to spin the pulley again before installing on the car.
Well, the damn thing seized up. Finally got it loose and metal shavings started to appear!
Oh I was beyond pissed off!

Called them up and told them what all happen. They asked if there was any visible damage etc...
I notice there was a dent on the pulley itself! :mj:

Being i had this much trouble with the 2.4 pulley already and haven't even installed it, I requested to opt out the 2.4 pulley and go with a 2.90!
They also picked up the reshipment charge which is around 80-100 bucks.
Stiegemeier wanted the blower back just to make sure nothing happen internally or to the snout.

sent it next day air shipping and will let you know how the progress goes.

wreckit

Established Member
Here are some photos as promised.

image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPGimage4.JPG

MysticRob

Established Member
Was the damage caused by his shop before it was shipped, or was it damaged in transit? I assume you checked the shipping container, etc, to root-cause it...

wreckit

Established Member
I did a full analysis of the packaging, shipping container, parts, and overall placement.
There was no "Fragile" or "this side up" placed anywhere on the packaging.

I concluded that the damage was due to transit.

When the package arrived at my door, it was placed right side up. The package is 12x12x26. So when i say right side up, the package was standing like a pole, opposed to being laid flat.

I am pretty certain steggy would not allow a piece of equipment leave their facility in such condition.

Users who are viewing this thread