Stainless Works FTW

CGoeschel

Established Member
Im putting the Kooks with the catted x on mine with the same mods as dgussin I believe. Ill post the hp and torque results as well for those going with the Kooks.

Fourcam330

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Any weight savings over stock?
Also, do you guys know if you can use SW's 3in X pipe and Cat back with the stock headers or no?
thx

Yes, I'll post the exact numbers later.

Fourcam330

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Fourcam-Do you know if their 3 inch X and 3 inch Catback will bolt up to the Stock headers??
Just curious

They make a 2.5" X that fits in with the stock manifolds/cb. I'm pretty sure they are presently fabricating a 3" X/CB that works with stock manifolds though.

Fourcam330

Established Member
There's between a 25-30lb weight savings between stock and a full Stainless Works exhaust, depending on whether or not you're running cats.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
venams03 said:
Can't wait to hear those exhaust clips. I had the SW 3" system (stock headers) on my '03 and LOVED IT!
me and exhaust clips? I would never do something like that. :pop:

chuckstang

Established Member
venams03 said:
Can't wait to hear those exhaust clips. I had the SW 3" system (stock headers) on my '03 and LOVED IT!
Well that def. leads me to believe they will make a 3 inch X and CB to bolt on to the stock manifolds!
SW will be my choice, because of the performance and they sound great, nice and wide open!

chuckstang

Established Member
Do you guys know if you run no cats, can you still pass inspection if you get your car tuned, so you do not throw any codes? Obviously as long as they do not do a visual check which I have never seen them do for me.

Also, would you see more hp/tq with or without cats?
sorry if it is a little off topic but while we have some of the big guns in here I figured Id throw that question out there.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
chuckstang said:
Well that def. leads me to believe they will make a 3 inch X and CB to bolt on to the stock manifolds!
SW will be my choice, because of the performance and they sound great, nice and wide open!

Wait a minute?!!? :dw: I thought you were buying a Z-51 Corvette?!?! :shrug:

chuckstang

Established Member
:burn:
ac427cobra said:
Wait a minute?!!? :dw: I thought you were buying a Z-51 Corvette?!?! :shrug:
Hey whats a guy to do if he can't get a GT500:shrug:
I bet SW makes an exhaust for the vette as well :pepper:

Fourcam330

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Also, would you see more hp/tq with or without cats?
sorry if it is a little off topic but while we have some of the big guns in here I figured Id throw that question out there.

That depends on how much power you're making ultimately. With the metallic substrate cats used, you're not really going to choke anything on pump gas.

Fourcam330

Established Member
manOwar said:
I'm sure some one else will do 1 7/8" with their KB but every thing I've seen, 1 7/8" will only benifit you at 700+. Is that correct or am I missing some thing?

Sorry, I missed this before. Yes the gains will be larger at 700+ but I belive there may be something to be had as low as 600-650rw. Time will tell.

chuckstang

Established Member
Regardless of how much power you are making, Im sure some may want to just shed some weight because stock headers usually weight a ton

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
that should put my shaker 1000 full option gt500 into the 3800# even range w/o driver. I would guess in the 3750 range w/o the shaker stuff. I could see 3699 w/o rear seat, maybe even 3620# w/o passanger seat and a light weight driver seat, 3540 w/ ford gt block. Not bad if u ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread