Stall Fix released!!!

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
Just incase some of you haven't seen yet. I got this from my buddy who works at SVT:

SM 17542 2003 MUSTANG COBRA - LACK OF POWER ON DECELERATION
SOME 2003 MUSTANG COBRA VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT DRIVABILITY CONCERNS INCLUDING LOSS OF POWER ON DECEL. THIS MAY BE CAUSED BY THE CALIBRATION OF THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM). TO SERVICE, REPROGRAM THE PCM WITH THE LATEST CALIBRATION AVAILABLE USING WDS RELEASE B29.3 OR HIGHER. CALIBRATION FILES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE AT www.MOTORCRAFT.COM.

--Matt

Brucealeg

Established Member
SVT just called to let me know the exact same thing. Going to see if the dealer can flash it today.

Bruce

mosconiac

Established Member
Wow, I can't believe they finally pulled the trigger...course they only did it through a SSM, so no record (black eye) of a TSB! That also means many will not hear of the release, because sites like alldata.com don't list SSM's.

Now, go get those PCM's flashed!

BTW, should I presume no 2004 Mustang Cobras have "the stall"?

Last edited:

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
not that I know of but I can ask.

--Matt

03reptile

Established Member
Just got a call from SVT reference the above info. The Special Service message 17542 is the new flash to eliminate the stall that has been plaguing us all for the past year. SVT advised me to go to my dealer, give them the SSM# and they will re-flash the vehicle's computer and the stall should be no more. Ford finally came through with this needed alteration and I'm sure we are all anxious to get this over with. There is no TSB, according to SVT, and the SSM will be adequate to accomplish the re-flash. If this works, there will be a shout of joy heard round the world!! Guess I'll be on the dealer's doorstep on Monday morning to see how it works. Now if the weather wasn't so crappy here, I could really enjoy a long drive w/o the dread stall. Hey COBRABOB, what are we going to bitch about if this is truely the fix? Just kidding!!Good luck to us all in eliminating this long term problem!!!!!

Brucealeg

Established Member
LOL, pretty funny 03. I'm hoping to get mine done tomorrow so I have the weekend to test it out.

Bruce

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Interesting...it says "some 2003 vehicles" may exhibit this. That would lead someone to believe that the 2004's already incorporate a program that eliminates this problem. I wonder...

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
just a question.....if u have a predator and still have a stall(mine does not) is that not getting rid of the factory program???? would the reflash not change anything for that?

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
i've got the diablo "flip chip" with a 3 position switch.
1. stock
2. whoopass
3. kill !!

my car has died and has the same problem no matter what setting i have it on.

can someone let me know if this is going to be compatable with my chip? should i take out the chip and smaller pulley, t.b. and c&L before I take it to them??? any help would be most appreciated. thanks in advance.

JWC

Established Member
Mine hasn't stalled in a while but I am taking it in anyway. I just got off the phone with a SVT service tech and asked hime about my chip, should I take it out for them to run the new "FIX"? He said " yes remove the chip before the he does the flash" He is a big SVT fan and has a very fast sonic blue Lightning.

ArtMan

Established Member
Subscribing

My car has only stalled once on the first drive after K&N drop in/no silencer. Never before and never again since, but I can't wait to here the results of the fix. If no HP loss, would you guys get the reflash fix under my circumstances? I do plan on more mods in the near future.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread