Stall Fix released!!!

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
if you dont have the problem and your car is stock do you guys think that you should still get the flash?

TORCH RED COBRA

Originally posted by KevinJKD
Anyone feel free to correct me if I have something wrong.

But if you guys have a chip, you will have to send it back to get it re-burned for the new flash.

When you get your computer flashed it will change the computer code. For example, if your code is YDHO or YDH1, it will change it to QH something. . . . or whatever the most recent code is (I forgot the 04 code)

So you will have to tell your tuner your new code so he can adjust your chip for it. I think its the same way for the predator.

That is exactly correct and is a pain in the azz. I have 1 chip (Autologic) and an ECU Reburn (SCT) so now I have two things to mess with. Whenever you put this fix in your ECU @ the dealer is will generate a new HEX code which is what you will take to your TUNER to re-do your chip or ECU Tuner re-flash. Fun huh ?

ROB

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Anyone actually get the reflash yet and have positive results? My local dealer didn't know what SVT stood for and they are the only SVT dealer in town, so I don't know how to even explain this reflash to them.

PDubs

Established Member
This is good stuff, might even need to be stickied for all the 03 owners that aren't already privy to this.

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by 03Fang
if you dont have the problem and your car is stock do you guys think that you should still get the flash?

I am wondering the same thing. Usually if it isn't broke, don't fix it. But with an issue like this or any available update, I like to have it. I have only had the car for a few days and only have 2300 miles on it, so I haven't noticed any problems at all. But why wait for something like this to happen when the outcome could be an accident.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
:beer: This is very good news!:beer: I'm going to give my dealer a call on moday to find out if they'll do it. I'll problie wait a few weeks when it's warmer and nice out. My car has stalled a couple of times.

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Originally posted by spinscan
gchronis, I am not Greek. Why do you ask?

Because in your signature you had: Molon Labe. You know what this means in Ancient Greek, right?

03reptile

Established Member
Just got my 03 re-flashed today (02/09/04) and it works. Nice idle now and no stall (See my seperate Post today for more specifics). I would STRONGLY suggest that ALL 03 owners get the new flash even if your vehicle has not exhibited the stall. It is good insurance that it will not rear it's ugly head at an inopportune time and put you in jeopardy. It has no adverse effect on the performance or power. If you're chipped, I'd put the vehicle back to stock before having it done, then replace your chip. I'm sure there are more learned posters here that can speak more specifically on the chipped cars.

mystic04

Established Member
ok guys i got a 04 mystic so far no stalls and i thank all you guys' who have said something about the stall problem. made me aware to check for a stalling problem from the first day i got the car. Going from 40 or 50 i shift to netural and put clutch in and coast to the red light i do this just about every time i come to a light. have tired in gear out of gear no stalls then again i only have about 200 miles on so far too. Guess time will tell.

4.6speed

Established Member
I just got off the phone with my dealer he said SSM #17542 doesn't come up in their system. He took my vin# from my car and is going to search for it that way. This news sounds awesome but I am not going to get too excited until it gets fixed.

spinscan

Established Member
Gchronis, I know what it means and where it came from. I am using it to reflect my position on the 2nd amendment.

Last edited:

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Originally posted by spinscan
Gchronis, I know what it means. I am very pro 2nd amendment.

Cool, it's just weird to meet an American on these forums that is actually using an Ancient Greek phrase such as this. Anyway, I'll drop the subject, cause it's off topic...

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
Great Job guys.

The masses have spoken. You guys kept bugging them, staying persistent and it paid off. I'm glad they are not taking the easy way out and letting people die like the old days. That mentality has got to go.

Anyways congrats on the fix. Like someone said above bring the value back up."

03reptile

Established Member
4.6speed: Your dealer is wrong. I had mine done today(02/09/04) have driven it and stall is gone. now have a decent idle and everything is right with the planet. He may not have the expertize to obtain the info from Ford. Insist he try again, it's worth it!!!

Jack

Established Member
Can I get a response to wether the Predator Hand held tunner will work after the Stall Fix?

Does anyone know??

BTW.. my car stalled again this morning, 500 miles after using the Predator to bump the idle to 850. It was the first time it stalled since the idle bump.

This was after 45 minutes of driving in stop and go traffic...

prior to bumping the idle, I could make the car stall at almost any time.

Brucealeg

Established Member
<<I just got off the phone with my dealer he said SSM #17542 doesn't come up in their system. He took my vin# from my car and is going to search for it that way. This news sounds awesome but I am not going to get too excited until it gets fixed.>>

My dealer said the same thing at first. I had my car in on 2/3/04 and the dealer flashed it with the newest PCM in ths system. Which just so happened to be the fix. If they can't find the SSM, then just have them flash it with the latest PCM.

I've had mine flash for a week now and my car hasn't even thought about stalling. So I am pretty confident the issue has been resolved.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread